[OPEN + LIMITED SPACES] European GT2 Series 2 - Finale 23rd October at Ring VLN!PS4 

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 394 comments
I hope everyone's been having fun with the new DLC. I certainly have and the servers may have been causing us problems with a practice room the other night because of it.

This next Monday is the start of the new season and we have 9 cars on the grid so far. Mainly Corvettes and Ferraris (with me in the lone BMW!). Battle takes place in the sand dunes of Zandvoort and people are more than welcome to join in. Reply to this thread with your details and car choice and we'll get you on the grid!

I appreciate that PCars 2 and GT Sport are out in less than a week/next month but we've just had some great DLC which we can look to use in a following season, along with a new season of GT2 that everyone enjoyed last time around. I will be working on a prototype series of some kind to hopefully use the Audi, Porsche and Toyota together if possible, maybe with a multi-class GT element as an extra class.

had no time to put some laps in either. curious what tonight will bring. It's a killer of a track to start the season off. So few overtaking options. And how the car is dancing on the combination of elevation changes, flowing curves and uneven track surface. Total yumminess. Let's all behave and don't ruin other ones races :).

Nice. very nice. @nissman , very nice battle, I need a shower now... How do you get so much grip in that middle section?
@pies1123 you really ruined my race there. I was on for a podium finish, holding Nissman off. You could see me coming from miles away, you should have gone off the racing line dude.

Poor pace, consistency and issues with tyres, tyre wear and tyre pressures with the medium compound meant that was a race to forget for me. Will be sorting results out over the next 2 days as I make a spreadsheet to organise it all. Thank you everyone for turning up and well done to cubertom for the first win of the season!

Any issues with incidents/driving standards - please message me directly.

I
Nice. very nice. @nissman , very nice battle, I need a shower now... How do you get so much grip in that middle section?
Pies you really ruined my race there. I was on for a podium finish, holding Nissman off. You could see me coming from miles away, you should have gone off the racing line dude.

I saw you, went wide through the last corner you allow you up the inside and just miscalculated. Really didn't do well on the old decision making tonight and I'm sorry to ROBQT as well who I thought I saw half a gap going into the last chicane.

I

I saw you, went wide through the last corner you allow you up the inside and just miscalculated. Really didn't do well on the old decision making tonight and I'm sorry to ROBQT as well who I thought I saw half a gap going into the last chicane.

It hurts because I had a pretty intense battle with freaking fast Nissman. He definitely had the better pace over me but I found ways to keep him off just by being slow at corner entry, forcing him behind and then fast out of the corner. I could see you make the mistake and was hoping you would get out of the way. I carried so much pace out of that last corner, the only thing I could do was brake hard which let Nissman cruise past... Those things happen. It hurts a little now that the adrenaline is still high but don't worry I'll get over it... :)

Hopefully I kept out of everyone's way, good race though.

Did anyone have a good line through the chicane they're willing to share, every line I tried was terrible!

Another silly mistake from me on lap 1, not quite used to this as I rarely made errors in GT. Still getting used to the AC physics I guess, as the sudden loss of grip is quite odd in this game sometimes.

After first lap i was in 9th so the race was very eventful for me. Few cars went off so I was quick up to 5th and then a proper battle with Nemesis-R for quite a few laps! Then an even longer battle with @MightyL for 3rd, went on for about 8 laps I think and as mentioned a lapped car got in the way on the main straight and I came in with full speed and made an easy pass at the end. Almost got 2nd at the end but I ran out of laps.

Good race dispite my lap 1 spin, very fun, had a solid win in the bag but maybe next time.

Congratz to @Cuber Tom on the win and a very solid drive from @Rick V on his first race here 👍

@pies1123 you really ruined my race there. I was on for a podium finish, holding Nissman off. You could see me coming from miles away, you should have gone off the racing line dude.

Must be aero setting as I was much slower than you on straights.

Last edited:
Another silly mistake from me on lap 1, not quite used to this as I rarely made errors in GT. Still getting used to the AC physics I guess, as the sudden loss of grip is quite odd in this game sometimes.

After first lap i was in 9th so the race was very eventful for me. Few cars went off so I was quick up to 5th and then a proper battle with @wittedave for quite a few laps! Then an even longer battle with @MightyL for 3rd, went on for about 8 laps I think and as mentioned a lapped car got in the way on the main straight and I came in with full speed and made an easy pass at the end. Almost got 2nd at the end but I ran out of laps.

Good race dispite my lap 1 spin, very fun, had a solid win in the bag but maybe next time.

Congratz to @Cuber Tom on the win and a very solid drive from @Rick V on his first race here 👍

Must be aero setting as I was much slower than you on straights.
I thought I would finish 2nd at best after I didn't take the first lead after the first corner.
Your pace was so good today

Back