Opinions - Best sounding cars in GT7

CLK-LM in the interior view around 5-7k RPM sounds pretty good.

F1 GTR Short and Longtail interior view.

Ferrari F50 with the racing exhaust sounds sorta like a F50 GT.

As mentioned the 89 ZR1 with the full racing engine upgrades + a Supercharger sounds pretty sick.

Skyline R33 with racing exhaust sounds really good aswell along with R34 GT500.

Pagani Zonda R at lower RPMs with the AMG V12 growl sounds good.

Porsche 911 GT1 sounds quite good aswell.

Hopefully PD makes the racecars and highly tuned cars sound more 'Crisp' when using the exterior view as right now alot of them sound correct just muffled unless using the interior view + also include intake sound when using the hood cam, it should actually be similar to the interior sound just more crisp. PD should still included intake sounds or atleast make them more noticeable for many of the cars as that will improve the sounds by alot if implemented.

-De Tomaso Pantera
-Fully tuned Dodge Viper SRT-10 '06
-Nissan GT-R R34 GT500
-Sauber C9
-Mercedes CLK-LM
-Ferrari F40
-Honda S660
-Lamborghini Murcielago
-McLaren F1 GT-R
-Ford GT GTE

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many unique sounds there are? I can imagine some cars having the same replica sound especially after tuning.

The 365 GTB/4 "Daytona" doesn't get nearly enough attention! The shrill scream that thing makes at high rpm with a racing exhaust and your headphones turned far too loud is nothing short of amazing.

Here's a wee sample, skip to ~30 seconds onwards (it's better with the volume turned too loud).

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many unique sounds there are? I can imagine some cars having the same replica sound especially after tuning.
At the moment I haven't found a car that really sounds the same as another one... Only with the R32-R33-R34 I could imagine a very great similarity/equality... I have all 3 models... but I drive them just my R34 and tuned it. But what I can say, the "normal" R34 tuned sounds completely different than the Nissan Penzoil R34 GT500... and the Penzoil sounds.... like goosebumps!

My R34 with racing exhaust and anti lag just sounds awesome, especially bouncing off the walls in Tokyo. Love the echo down the back curves.

Went the other way with the 997, full engine tweaks, cams, polished ports etc and just the normal exhaust. So free revving, perfect Porsche sound. Recommend it!

So far my favorite is the Lamborghini Murcielago, sounds like an old school F1 engine from before the turbo/hybrid era.

Last edited:
One not many will have tried, but the 1.2 Fiat 500 Pop with race exhaust, intake, intake manifold and high lift cams.

Such an eager revver and sounds quite liberated doing it, which is a treat on the Pulse headphones when used in the cockpit view. 85hp never sounded so cheerful.

Wow, so many great cars. Looks like I better get grinding and start saving lol
Top of the list seems to be the 787b, R34 Gt500 and the Lambo Murch.
Guess what I'm going to doing now :)
Thanks for all the answers.
GT7 has some serious flaws but the actual driving, the way the cars feel especially with the controller, along with awesome car sounds especially via headphones, the graphics and the presentation is virtually flawless in my opinion.
Just doing custom races with my favourite cars on my favourite tracks is enough to keep me busy while hopefully the other issues are fixed or improved.
Thanks again ya'all

Okay, tried all the R34 GT500s and as nice as they sound I think I prefer the Nismo GT3 for sound.
The Lambo Murch was very nice and surprisingly nice to drive.
787b also amazing. Love that car.
But the winner has to be 89 ZR1 race upgraded. Wow what a beast. Proper American muscle, angry and rough.
Also surprisingly nice to drive. Just changed tyres to SS to handle the extra power and it handles great on stock settings, apart from the engine upgrades.
Must try an older 911 next.

787B
Carrera GT (even though it doesn't sound like the real thing, but it still sounds amazing)
LaFerrari and FXX K
F1 GTR
Sauber C9 (that V8 sounds absolutely brutal, probably sounds more "american" than any american V8, even more than the Corvettes)

Haven't heard the F50 yet but if it sounds as good as it did in Sport, it goes to this list as well.

I also grew to like the Toyota TS050 from the cockpit view, when the hybrid power kicks in, it's quite a pleasant sound for me.

VXR
Wait. There's two versions of the 993 in the game?!
Yes. Both are on the Game:

"The Carrera RS is a lightweight variant of the Carrera. It features a naturally aspirated 3.8-liter engine generating a maximum power output of 300 PS (221 kW; 296 hp) achieved by the use of lightweight forged pistons, dual oil coolers, big intake valves, Varioram variable-length intake manifold, a modified Bosch Motronic engine management system, and lightened rocker arms. The six-speed G50/31 manual gearbox with a short shifter used on the Carrera RS had modified gear ratios for the first three gears. The larger 322 mm cross drilled and ventilated discs brakes front and aft with four piston calipers were shared with the 911 Turbo and limited-slip differential was included as standard equipment. The exterior is easily distinguishable from a normal Carrera by a large fixed rear wing, small front flaps, and three-piece 18-inch (457 mm) aluminum wheels. The headlight washers were deleted for weightsaving reasons. A seam-welded body shell with an aluminum bonnet supported with a single strut was used along with thinner glass. On the interior, the rear seats were removed, and special racing seats along with spartan door cards were installed. Sound proofing was also reduced to a minimum. The suspension system used Bilstein dampers and the ride height was lowered for improved handling. Adjustable front and rear antiroll bars and an under-bonnet strut brace further increased handling. The final weight of the car was 1,280 kg (2,822 lb).[28][29]

The Carrera RS Clubsport (also referred to as the RSR or RSCS in some countries) was a track-oriented iteration of the Carrera RS with relatively limited road usability. The Clubsport came equipped with a welded roll cage. Certain comfort features such as carpets, power windows, air conditioning, and radio were deleted. The exterior wise sports a larger rear wing and a deeper chin spoiler than the standard RS.

The Carrera RS was produced in model years 1995 and 1996. It was street legal in European and many other countries around the world, but was not approved for export to the United States. Production amounted to 1,014 cars, including 213 Clubsport variants."

Back