[ORA] FIA GT World Championship [S3] | TRL_Evo and Ramalhinho are your PRO and AM Champions!Finished 

Is there something to win :confused: :D

WIFI
PING 2ms
Download Speed 60,73 Mbps
Upload Speed 35,24 Mbps

Wired
PING 2ms
Download Speed 469,56 Mbps
Upload Speed 154,78 Mbps

Speed Test
Ping:
55ms
Download: 8.52mbps
Upload: 0.69mbps

Shameful Australian broadband compared to some I see.

By the way I forgot to tell before but I really liked the going for a lap by someone in RBR with the drivers point of view, for those who are watching they get to see what the driver is facing off and it's exciting if that person is actually chasing someone hehe. Well done @TeamCZRRacing and broadcasting team 👍
Adding to that, I enjoyed you guys going to the timing screen more often as well! :)

This is from my Laptop which is old so i will post my results with the PS3 this weekend.
WIFI
Ping
- 3ms
Download speed- 20.47
Upload speed- 26.16

We did a 10:00 minute race the other day and my fastest on mediums was high 1:22 :)
This is the race I won at last season in AM and had a great battle with coops. A week and a half to get ready for it. :)
last seasons race was one of my favourite! despite forgetting to brake for the last corner... on both races! :lol:
I remember when i got to you I couldn't get past then you started pulling away cuz my tires where older then yours!

Maybe people need to open the gt6 ports on there router to help out.

When I done mine it turned to high bandwidth and helped, very rarely get dc'd now.

Hi mate, it would be usefull for everyone if you could make a little tutorial on which ports to open and how to open these ports. At least how you did it because depending on the router some details might be different.

In my case, i suffered from compatibility issues with servers and hosts. I couldn't enter some rooms, and even if i did enter the room, half of the players coudn't see or hear me on the track. This is exactly the same phenomenon we encounter in our ORA races.. empty places on the grid and cars looking like stuck to each other during the race (see last race replay in RBR)...

Well I have found the solution for that.. yes my friends.. and now i don't have that issue anymore.. i can enter all rooms, everybody can see me and most importantly i see everyone. This has changed my gaming experience forever.

You simply need to configure the internet connection options in from your PS3 to your router and configure the "PPPOE" parameter. This parameter will prioritize your PS3 connection over the internet.

This is what i've done:
- Go to internet options of your PS3
- Use the "Manual" configuration to access all options individually
- Most of the parameters can be set to "automatic" if you want EXCEPT the "PPPOE"
- Activate the PPPOE paramater and you'll be asked to enter the user name and password of your internet connection. It's not easy to find these credentials as they were given to me when i opened my internet connection at home. I had to call my network operator to get that info. In any case the user name looks like this: username@internet_provider. You are going to struggle to find it but it's worth it believe me.
- Then simply go until the end of the internet config and there you have it.. :-)

No more invisibility on track, other drivers can hear, no more cars stuck to eachother like mating dogs..
My gaming experience has totally changed since then.

PS: i know you will drop this procedure when you'll struggle to find your internet connection ID and password.. but i don't know how to convince you to carry on looking.. i'm the living example that it works.

Don't hesitate to contact me, even PM, shold you need more info.

TWR-GRECO

Hi mate, it would be usefull for everyone if you could make a little tutorial on which ports to open and how to open these ports. At least how you did it because depending on the router some details might be different.

In my case, i suffered from compatibility issues with servers and hosts. I couldn't enter some rooms, and even if i did enter the room, half of the players coudn't see or hear me on the track. This is exactly the same phenomenon we encounter in our ORA races.. empty places on the grid and cars looking like stuck to each other during the race (see last race replay in RBR)...

Well I have found the solution for that.. yes my friends.. and now i don't have that issue anymore.. i can enter all rooms, everybody can see me and most importantly i see everyone. This has changed my gaming experience forever.

You simply need to configure the internet connection options in from your PS3 to your router and configure the "PPPOE" parameter. This parameter will prioritize your PS3 connection over the internet.

This is what i've done:
- Go to internet options of your PS3
- Use the "Manual" configuration to access all options individually
- Most of the parameters can be set to "automatic" if you want EXCEPT the "PPPOE"
- Activate the PPPOE paramater and you'll be asked to enter the user name and password of your internet connection. It's not easy to find these credentials as they were given to me when i opened my internet connection at home. I had to call my network operator to get that info. In any case the user name looks like this: username@internet_provider. You are going to struggle to find it but it's worth it believe me.
- Then simply go until the end of the internet config and there you have it.. :-)

No more invisibility on track, other drivers can hear, no more cars stuck to eachother like mating dogs..
My gaming experience has totally changed since then.

PS: i know you will drop this procedure when you'll struggle to find your internet connection ID and password.. but i don't know how to convince you to carry on looking.. i'm the living example that it works.

Don't hesitate to contact me, even PM, shold you need more info.

TWR-GRECO
Thanks @Ross76 for this advice. It will really help, not only me, but surely a lot of other people here! :)

oraann-png.299309
  • To all you championship seekers, ORA will be adding an new mini championship into GTWC; The GT Endurance Cup.
  • This championship boasts similarities with a real life mini-championship; The TUSC North American Endurance Cup, in which the longest races on the calendar make up their own championship. In the case of GTWC, the three races being represented are the 1.5 hours of Suzuka, the 1.5 hours of Bathurst, and the 2 hours of Spa.
  • There will be a Pro champion as well as an AM champion.
FAQ
Q: How does the points system work?
A: For the Super endurance races, points are Endurance plus sprint, meaning that a winner of one of these races will win 41 points (25 +16=41)

Q: Does the points I gain in these races count toward the official GTWC Championship?
A: Yes. All rounds of the GTEC Calendar count toward the GTWC Championship.

Q: Does the points I gain in the non-super endurance races count toward the GTEC championship?
A: No, Only Suzuka, Bathurst, and Spa count towards this championship.

Q: Do drop scores count for this Championship?
A: For the GTWC championship, you can use dropscores at the super endurances, however, for GTEC, all three rounds count, meaning that no dropscore can be used. Basically dropscores are not used in GTEC, as it is only 3 races.

Q: Do we have to be graded for Pro/AM?
A: No, you will run this series with the same classes as GTWC since it is only a mini-championship within a championship.

Any more questions, comments, or concerns are welcomed and will be addressed in a timely fashion.

It not necessarily the up and down speeds. It's more the ping and jitter that cause issues.
I confirm!

This is my speedtest between October 2013 and September 2014:

69is.jpg

And even with this, I was able to play GT. I confess I had some disconnections at the beginning but then I changed the PS3 location in the room to find just enough connection.

Hey, how you doing guys?

This series looks like its get better with every season!

Hope you are all well and are having some great battles on the track...

Hey, how you doing guys?

This series looks like its get better with every season!

Hope you are all well and are having some great battles on the track...
Hey PIP:).

Glad to see you checked back in! As you can still see there are many guys that you most likely remember from S1 still hanging around:).
We are doing great! Just finished Round 1 and now we have commentators and broadcasts!

You are in iRacing now correct? Hope all is going well!

oraann-png.299309
  • To all you championship seekers, ORA will be adding an new mini championship into GTWC; The GT Endurance Cup.
  • This championship boasts similarities with a real life mini-championship; The TUSC North American Endurance Cup, in which the longest races on the calendar make up their own championship. In the case of GTWC, the three races being represented are the 1.5 hours of Suzuka, the 1.5 hours of Bathurst, and the 2 hours of Spa.
FAQ
A: For the Super endurance races, points are Endurance plus sprint, meaning that a winner of one of these races will win 41 points (25 +16=41)

Q: Does the points I gain in these races count toward the official GTWC Championship?

Q: Does the points I gain in the non-super endurance races count toward the GTEC championship?

A: For the GTWC championship, you can use dropscores at the super endurances, however, for GTEC, all three rounds count, meaning that no dropscore can be used. Basically dropscores are not used in GTEC, as it is only 3 races.

A: No, you will run this series with the same classes as GTWC since it is only a mini-championship within a championship.

Any more questions, comments, or concerns are welcomed and will be addressed in a timely fashion.

Seems like fun, a mini championship :)

oraann-png.299309
FAQ

NASCAR, are you watching? Two separate championships which both use the same calendar, the same entrants, the same everything. Make it happen!

Back