other games of interest

Well, i finally got my DSL workin. So i went ahead and started d/l all the footage of any games i was interested in (cthulhu looks amazing!) anyway... so i just got done watching Le Mans 24 hours footage. And the graphics were better then depicted by the screenshots (alot better) the sense of speed was very nice, and the scenery and tracks were well set up (a few spots impressed me almost as much as GT3) but the cars still looked sucky. the only cars that seemed to be rendered well were cars with alot of curvy surfaces ie.. porche, rx7, viper, etc... it still wasnt enough to make me want to go and pick it up, but its definetly worth renting. the cars did seem to drive very arcadish, but it did look like lots of fun none the less. just thought i'd let you know, and if i see any other games of interest ill post my opinion here. ttfn! 😈

wow, check out these shots of the Honda Dual Note. (got em from movie clip) :cheeburga

Attachments

• gt3c.jpg
    gt3c.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 54
yea, we're interested :) I'm especially wondering how the day to night and night to day transistions are. oh, and the lights at night and stuff :D Oh, and higgenmonster, apparently the 24 hour race isn't the whole game, although I haven't played it..

Never played it before, just read a review. I am glad to hear that though. Too bad it is part of the test drive series (or at least the same developers). Thise games are wretched. I really should go to bed considering I have class in 6 hours. But I doubt it.

Originally posted by masonholmes
yea, we're interested :) I'm especially wondering how the day to night and night to day transistions are. oh, and the lights at night and stuff :D Oh, and higgenmonster, apparently the 24 hour race isn't the whole game, although I haven't played it..

Well, unfortunately they didn't have any footage of night driving nor did they have any of the transitions of day and night. but the lights on the cars seems pretty nice. the brake lights were clearly visible and they emitted a nice glow around them. i'll look for any night time footage. hopefully i can find something. Just got done watching some footage on Burnout. looks like your typical Cruisin USA with suped up graphics. if your into that kinda game its seems like it would be fun. but the cars drive like they are on rails, and the amount of cars on this suppossed "rush hour traffic" highway were sparse. i would expect with handleing as good as that they would have mad cars all over the place. that would really be fun!

hahaha, yea, the testdrives suck!!!! now duel testdrive 2 on my amiga 2000 back in 1987, that kicked some azzzz!!!!!! (given what games looked like) full interior, "pro-shifter" mode that allowed you to use another joystick to "go through the gears", you could blow your engine, strip gears and neutral drops, all in your mission to outrun the cops :D I was especially happy when it came out on Sega and my computer looked better :P Oh, and sleep is overrated!!!!!!! :sleep: :D

This was all i could find on night driveing. its not exactly night time, but its dark enough for you to see the headlight effects. blech...they look ugly to me :P

Attachments

• lemansnight.jpg
    lemansnight.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 49
Hmm, I hope that's not really what they are calling racing at night? I am still taken by the headlight effects off of GT3 cars, it's just beautiful. And the way they slightly yellow the light for the older cars, and give some color hueing for newer ones, man, it plain rocks!!! The GT series has definetly spoiled us all..

Hmm, I hope that's not really what they are calling racing at night? I am still taken by the headlight effects off of GT3 cars, it's just beautiful. And the way they slightly yellow the light for the older cars, and give some color hueing for newer ones, man, it plain rocks!!! The GT series has definetly spoiled us all..

no doubt about that... :D

DUDE!! i just watched 2 awesome clips from 2 games i cant wait to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the first is from a cel-shaded game called Auto Modellista. I know cel-shaded isn't excalt spectactular, but man. This game looks awesome!! The cars looks VERY nice! They look like SUPER detailed cartoons. and at some points (very few) they look on par with GT3! And thats with cel-shading!! AHHHH!! OMG the night time driveing looks A-M-A-Z-Z-I-N-G :eek: I will post a pick of the AWESOME headlights from night time. and the other clip was of NFS:Hot pursuit 2. WOW. the graphics were crisp, and everything was very detailed, the car (ferrari f-40/f-50) looked sw33t! They had some water puddles on the road and the reflections it gave were superb! I AM SO HYPED RIGHT NOW!! wooooooooooooooooooooooo *dances everywhere* :lol:

I'd like to change wut i said...after watching that vid like 30 times..hehe The cars in that game are DEFINETLY on par with GT3. they dont look as realistic because of cel-shadeing, but the shape and believeability that they are the real cars is as close to GT3 as you can get. !!!

The use of motion blurr is a sight to see! And these pics really dont do the video justice, as you really need to see this game in motion. You can actually see the muffler vibrate when you rev the engine!! and the smoke from tire skid is the best i've seen! If you ever thought about d/l a clip from a game, this has to be it! OH and its multiplayer!! they have a open chat room and they are watching a race at the same time!!!!!!! I hope this game comes to america, if not i will HATE capcom forever :darkside:

Oh and i just noticed, that it appears the cars also have nitrous!
MUAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!! :ghost:

Attachments

• omg.jpg
    omg.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 41
:hypnotize

I dont think i've ever been this excited about a raceing game before. If this game drives anything like GT, they will have some MAJOR competition. :whip:

Attachments

• wow.jpg
    wow.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 37
can't really tell that last one from the pic, other than good rain effects.. when's it supposed to be released?? NFS HP2, you can tell from that pic that it's actually going to look pretty decent. just cause it's like 6am and I'm lazy, do you know when it's being released as well? ;)

Thats why i said you NEED to d/l that clip. that game looks so damn amazing! as for release dates. Auto modellista says Q4 2002 and NFS HP2 03/29/2002

[snip...]
TOKYO - Capcom recently displayed the first playable demo of Auto Modellista for the PlayStation 2 at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2002, which is being held in Makuhari Messe convention center. The cel-shaded racing game features licensed cars such as the Toyota Celica SS-II, Nissan Skyline GT-R(R34), Honda S2000 Type V, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII, Mazda RX-7(FD3S), Subaru Impressa 22B STi, Suzuki Capuccino, Daihatsu Move, and many others. Additionally, the game includes its own garage mode where players can customize their car with different parts and colors.
One of the most prominent features in the game is its network multiplayer mode. Though details are scarce, it is expected that players will be able to gather on a lobby server where they can chat and then play against each other through the use of the PlayStation 2's network capabilities.

The playable demo of the game only allowed users to drive around a simple oval course for two laps and did not provide access to other game modes. Although the game may have a somewhat unrealistic anime-like visual appearance, as a whole, it is a solid simulation-style racing game in the mode of such titles as Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo series. The cel-shaded graphics are used quite effectively outside of the cars themselves. For example, streaks appear behind the car as players drive faster. In the oval course, the background seemed a bit lacking in terms of detail, but we expect to see that improve once the other tracks from the game are shown.

Auto Modellista for the PlayStation 2 is scheduled for a release sometime this year in Japan. Capcom hasn't announced any specific North American plans for the game, but we expect the company to release the game in that territory. GameSpot will have more as it becomes available.
[snip...]
thats from G-Spot... :cool:

weeel, that's a biggin of a clip. I'm afraid I won't be able to watch it until I get back to some real servers, at college :( (I am going to let it download as much as possible tho, think I'm gonna go to bed since it's li'ke 6am, lol) oh, and thanks for the info, I always like to hear about the "G-spot" :D

just found another racing game that looks like it might be interesting. Not much info on it though, and no movies, only pics. The graphics look nice and the cars look pretty good. They are futuristic F1 cars. Basically they look like suped up formulas with a rocket :D the name of the game is Downforce (thats a given..lol) we will see wut this turns out to be soon i hope...
Oh and its gonna have real time damage modeling. w00t!

Attachments

• downforce_screen023.jpg
    downforce_screen023.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 44
weeel, that's a biggin of a clip. I'm afraid I won't be able to watch it until I get back to some real servers, at college :( (I am going to let it download as much as possible tho, think I'm gonna go to bed since it's li'ke 6am, lol) oh, and thanks for the info, I always like to hear about the "G-spot" :D

:lol:

youve heard about toca driver and colin mcrae3 right? those sound like their gonna be the killers for early summer, (in the US). I'm still up, LOL. you ever played Ico? Completely different kind of game, but once again, Polyphony did a GREAT job :D

youve heard about toca driver and colin mcrae3 right? those sound like their gonna be the killers for early summer, (in the US). I'm still up, LOL. you ever played Ico? Completely different kind of game, but once again, Polyphony did a GREAT job :D

I think i heard of toca...but not the other one. thanx, im gonna check on em both right now 8) as for Ico...hell yessssss. I loved that game! i rented it, had it for five days. beat it on the first day i had it (once i put it in, i couldnt stop playing) i think i played it like 3 times over from the begining, and who knows how many times i loaded save games. hehehe the ending almost mad me cry! and thats wierd cause i've never shed a tear from a movie! i dont want to say much more on Ico (i could talk about that game for hours) just incase you havn't beaten it ;)

OMG!!!! i dont like rally raceing but OMG!!!!!!!! colin macrae's cars looks soooooo RRRRRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLL! and those pics they have on IGN, of racing..I HOPE those arent ingame shots or they will basically be holding a gun to my head (my little one...) and be saying, BUY IT OR LOSE IT!

nevermind. im almost 100% the race pics are IRL. but those cars still look fantastic. if they look anywhere as detailed as that in-game! woooo

yea, the written stats and pics of those games are HOTTTTT. I'm all over some rally too :) as for Ico, yea, I went out and bought it. was gonna just rent it, but figured it sounded good enough to keep, and play in surround sound once I get back to college. currently, I'm not too far, but that's only because I'm pacing myself because I've heard all over it's a short game. not sad at all that I spent $50 on it, it's a killer!!!! sony makes some rockin games!!!!!! :D

well this is wut i could find so far... and i didnt see anywhere info saying it would be on PS2. ill keep checking...

Attachments

• tocaracedriver02big.jpg
    tocaracedriver02big.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 31
woops. it will launch on PS2, yay! and it sounds pretty good. as for Ico being short...HA! its not short, it just feels that way because your so damn immersed you dont want to stop playing :D

Back