Over 9 Million People Have Played Forza Horizon 3

People seem to be more excited for the Horizon series than the Motorsport series. That's funny, the spin-off has surpassed the main franchise. Should the Motorsport series go towards deeper simulation like pCARS and Assetto in order to stay relevant?

At this point, Turn 10 and PG are like a competition of each other. One is always trying to out-do the other. For me, no franchise surpassed each other. It's just that people prefer arcade over sim (saw what I did there?) :sly:

Also, the Motorsport series should still focus on being fun. But at the same time, it should remain as a simulation of racing like before, rather than stupid fun like Horizon. However that doesn't mean it should become some serious sim or e-sport, because we have those already.

Last edited:
pCARS/AC have considerably lower total sales than Forza Motorsport. Going deeper in simulation won't gain any sales for Forza Motorsport, and may instead put the current player base off. Forza has always been about racing with a controller primarily, and that really won't work with deeper simulation.

If you think about it, FM5, 6 and 7 all offered a very similar experience, on the same platform. The differences were just in the numbers of cars and tracks and minor features, but nothing which would appeal to sell to a broader audience. The major reason to upgrade is actually to find an active multiplayer community, but that's a minority activity.

In comparison Horizon 2, 3 and 4 offer massive differences and certainly encourage you to buy the sequel on content alone.

People seem to be more excited for the Horizon series than the Motorsport series. That's funny, the spin-off has surpassed the main franchise. Should the Motorsport series go towards deeper simulation like pCARS and Assetto in order to stay relevant?

Forza Horizon is different than most other racing games. The release schedule of the original Forza series is IMHO to fast.

I hope that FH4 delivers something different

Less full releases,more DLC support is the way to go

The fh3 online community is still extremely active. Saw 90+ posts in the game hub lastnite.

Btw, got a new headset and I could hear the cars shifter going into gear. Never heard that in the game before.

At this point, Turn 10 and PG are like a competition of each other. One is always trying to out-do the other. For me, no franchise surpassed each other. It's just that people prefer arcade over sim (saw what I did there?) :sly:

Also, the Motorsport series should still focus on being fun. But at the same time, it should remain as a simulation of racing like before, rather than stupid fun like Horizon. However that doesn't mean it should become some serious sim or e-sport, because we have those already.

Like I said in another Thread that Shall not be Named, I’d like to see a combination of the open world and sim racing genre.

I don’t know necessarily how it would be done, but say perhaps the open world setting with the ability for people to drive to dealerships, track days, racing events, etc. I think there’s still a lot of untapped potential in the racing genre.

I’ve never actually played any of the FH games, but they’ve always been of interest to me. I don’t own an Xbox but if I were to ever buy one it’d be for Forza Horizon.

So 9 million copies sold? Gotcha.
:lol: I'm a day late and a dollar short :(

Just going to quote these two posts here so it doesn't get missed.

And more sales = better game than those that sold less. ;) You can try and say otherwise, I'll just keep singing "sales sales sales" until you agree with me. :lol::lol::lol:
It also means that because it has more players and sales than any other current gen games, that makes all the competition completely obsolete and absolutely terrible in every aspect.

Like I said in another Thread that Shall not be Named, I’d like to see a combination of the open world and sim racing genre.

I don’t know necessarily how it would be done, but say perhaps the open world setting with the ability for people to drive to dealerships, track days, racing events, etc. I think there’s still a lot of untapped potential in the racing genre.

I’ve never actually played any of the FH games, but they’ve always been of interest to me. I don’t own an Xbox but if I were to ever buy one it’d be for Forza Horizon.
That would be pretty badass though. Although with so many manufacturers, how will the dealerships be placed across the world? Unless it's by country of course.

Mind you I'm not disagreeing with your idea, as it sounds very exciting to include in a future FH. :)

Hmm... I would imagine that like this: Let's take Yas Marina for example, near the track, where you could have all sorts of racing events, there are lots of locations that could open for other events, such as the amusement park, the nearby international airport, the highway around it, the streets of Abu Dabi itself, and the other islands, beaches and desert areas. From the airport you could travel to other locations that have a real racing track and interesting surroundings to play with too.

That's exactly how Gran Turismo 2 worked,you go through city maps that are full of dealerships and used car dealerships

maxresdefault.jpg

It never should have stopped doing those things. Sure, it wasn't AC levels in terms of driving feel but one perfect example is the different tire compounds. Being able to choose sport compounds and then go through a list of manufacturer options, all with varying tire life, responsiveness and grip added some real depth.

839.png

;)

If anything, @dylpro's suggestion sounds like a combo of the Crew/TDU approach, just with an extra shot (or three) of realism.
I mean,the Crew and TDU has dealerships but its the videogame car dealership,that one that has Lambo,Porsches,Ferraris all in the same place.Gran Turismo's version uses each dealership for each manufaturer(which is a great idea for exploration in a open world game)

though I wouldn't use the name "Laguna Seca" for... whatever the track is in California in that game.

Yeah i don't know what the hell they were thinking with those tracks,it may be tricky to put a racetrack in a big open world game but it is worth the effort,a laser scanned Laguna Seca in The Crew would be awesome instead of that thing.

I mean,the Crew and TDU has dealerships but its the videogame car dealership,that one that has Lambo,Porsches,Ferraris all in the same place.Gran Turismo's version uses each dealership for each manufaturer(which is a great idea for exploration in a open world game)
Which still makes it no where near exactly the same, though.

Back