Own little WRS?

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 19 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
I've been thinking...What if our small Forza forum had its own little Weekly Race Series, or something close?

If someone is willing to try and figure this out (I haven't clue what to start on) with me, please let me know. All I can think of is doing the same thing as the WRS events.

Car:
Track:
Any mods of such:

But figure I'd run this by you.
Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

would this be through xbox live or would it be an offline comp? i hope offline because i dont have live

how would it be verifyed? screenshot or something?

GT_Fan2005
would this be through xbox live or would it be an offline comp? i hope offline because i dont have live

how would it be verifyed? screenshot or something?
I am thinking offline as is the WRS. I think it could be run the sameway.

Just go through a course with a car meeting the requirements, and if you're challenged, just take a picture of your time.

I don't know about Divisions yet, but my idea is that the winner of the event would then be able to pick the next race.

Each run would allow the participants 7-9 days to submit times.
If you're interested or have any ideas, please, feel free to let me know.

It sounds good to me 👍 , I'd have a try at it. You could just keep it to Arcade mode if you don't want modifications.
IMHO I don't honestly think that there would be enough people to have separate divisions but if loads of people are interested then it could be easily arranged.

Looking forward to the Forza WRS :)

i think it should be run in time trial or free run seeing as arcade mode is actual racing,
and the fact theres no quick tune would mean the car would have to be bought so i would say it should be kept to stock cars that are available in each class....

and im with you revhead on the division thing, but i guess it depends on how many sign up...

just a few suggestions...

GT_Fan2005
i think it should be run in time trial or free run seeing as arcade mode is actual racing,
and the fact theres no quick tune would mean the car would have to be bought so i would say it should be kept to stock cars that are available in each class....

and im with you revhead on the division thing, but i guess it depends on how many sign up...

just a few suggestions...
Yeah, time trial, and free run most likely.

I'm not sure on cars you have to buy yet. But it definately start with cars availble from the start or ones you have unlocked through arcade.

I'll experiment some with the game unless someone else would like to as well.

il experiment with it as well a little bit later, i have actually been going through arcade past few days, on around 80-85% in that area.

another thing, you could allow people if they wish to buy the car in career mode, and paint it however they want so it adds a personal touch too the laps....just as long as it is only paint...because unlike GT4 you can use your cars outside of career mode

GT_Fan2005
i think it should be run in time trial or free run seeing as arcade mode is actual racing

Argh, that's what I meant to say. I'm used to playing GT4 where you have to through Arcade to play time trial or free run.

McLaren F1GTR
Yeah, time trial, and free run most likely.

I'm not sure on cars you have to buy yet. But it definately start with cars availble from the start or ones you have unlocked through arcade.

I'll experiment some with the game unless someone else would like to as well.

I can probably help with the experimenting, what do you want me to do?

Also think about the fact that people have started in different regions and might be at different levels is something to be considered too, since that has an effect on what cars are even available to buy.

Edit:
GT_Fan2005
il experiment with it as well a little bit later, i have actually been going through arcade past few days, on around 80-85% in that area.

I completed arcade mode a few days ago when I couldnt be bothered starting a championship. It's all fairly easy up until the last race, that took a few trys. Try using the Dodge Viper GTS ACR, it's a great car for the track.

Revheadnz
Also think about the fact that people have started in different regions and might be at different levels is something to be considered too, since that has an effect on what cars are even available to buy.

thats true, but im not sure if it affects the cars available in free run time trial and arcade does it?

not sure...

Revheadnz
Argh, that's what I meant to say. I'm used to playing GT4 where you have to through Arcade to play time trial or free run.

I can probably help with the experimenting, what do you want me to do?

I'm not sure. I'll experiment by myself and try to organize a simple event.

Week 1 winner would pick the next car as long as everyone can get it, or I have thought of something like the WRS. Usually, not everyone can compete every week. Like the Bentley one.

Anyways, if I can get this up, I'll definately ask that the first few weeks be cars available to the start.

GT_Fan2005

another thing, you could allow people if they wish to buy the car in career mode, and paint it however they want so it adds a personal touch too the laps....just as long as it is only paint...because unlike GT4 you can use your cars outside of career mode
That's a good idea. Everyone is free to buy the car if they wish and paint the way they want.

sweet, im gonna go and get down to some driving, il try and find out if the cars unlocked at the start are the same region to region

GT_Fan2005
sweet, im gonna go and get down to some driving, il try and find out if the cars unlocked at the start are the same region to region
If any if you would like to go ahead and experiment with anything you wish, like your personal garage and such in trial or free run mode, by all means, go ahead.
Unfornately, I am keeping a small notebook of ideas since my Xbox is in Texas.

But I will continue to jot down ideas in the book.

GT_Fan2005

I'm pretty sure they are. The reason I brought that up was if we need to buy cars for a certain race.

i been experimenting with time trial, and what it is it you choose the track and it already has a preset car for the track, maple valley has the 911 rs, rio has the toyota GT-one etc..

it would be very good to use time trial as wrs races

GT_Fan2005
i been experimenting with time trial, and what it is it you choose the track and it already has a preset car for the track, maple valley has the 911 rs, rio has the toyota GT-one etc..

it would be very good to use time trial as wrs races
Yeah, I think it would be as well. 👍

Back