OWS - Now Saturday morning and Wednesday evening. Casual and beginner racers wanted!Open 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 565 comments
Hey guys! Finally decided to make a GTPlanet account. Was talking to @permaculture on Discord about rerunning these races after what we’ve learned and he pointed me here. Glad to see everyone is game!
Welcome, welcome. :) We're so glad you joined this group & from what I saw, you're plenty fast. :bowdown: @permaculture & I had our cars dialed in for race 2, but you had race 1 in the bag. :gtpflag:May all our races be just as enjoyable.

Welcome, welcome. :) We're so glad you joined this group & from what I saw, you're plenty fast. :bowdown: @permaculture & I had our cars dialed in for race 2, but you had race 1 in the bag. :gtpflag:May all our races be just as enjoyable.
Thank you! I’m happy to be here as well. Race 1 was actually my first online win and I’m glad it was with you guys!

Your race with @permaculture at Tsukuba was one for the ages! Here’s to many more close ones.

Thank you! I’m happy to be here as well. Race 1 was actually my first online win and I’m glad it was with you guys!

Your race with @permaculture at Tsukuba was one for the ages! Here’s to many more close ones.
Wow, your first online win was with us & we're glad it was. 👍:)

We try our darndest to race clean & vs @permaculture, I tried not to mess him up by blocking him. He said I didn't & we may have a rematch. :D

Waiting to see what next Wednesday brings. :scared::mischievous::nervous:

Edit; As far as tuning goes, we try to help each other. So feel free to ask if you're having any issues with your tune, although it looks like you're doing quite well.

Last edited:
So, for tomorrow - the randomizer app I have has 22 tracks I put in there. I didn't include a lot of the bigger ones. Also, the randomizer is going to be 0-35 for fuel consumption and 0-50 for tire wear. We need to make it around at least a couple laps per pit stop!

As for the smaller races, the first will be 8 laps around high speed ring. Comfort hard tires, 500 pp limit. And....the forecast calls for rain. A lot of rain.

The second warm up race will be Road Atlanta. 400pp and no other limits. race cars allowed for this race!

Great racing this week everyone! That was an absolute blast. I felt like I was always in a battle. @Vangeand I had quite a battle on that last race. I had to put my car to FM6 near the end, or it might ha e come down to the last corner. I think Vangeels had to slow down a bit too, if I'm not mistaken

So, for tomorrow - the randomizer app I have has 22 tracks I put in there. I didn't include a lot of the bigger ones. Also, the randomizer is going to be 0-35 for fuel consumption and 0-50 for tire wear. We need to make it around at least a couple laps per pit stop!

As for the smaller races, the first will be 8 laps around high speed ring. Comfort hard tires, 500 pp limit. And....the forecast calls for rain. A lot of rain.

The second warm up race will be Road Atlanta. 400pp and no other limits. race cars allowed for this race!
That was some fun racing today. Some nice battles.

Great racing this week everyone! That was an absolute blast. I felt like I was always in a battle. @Vangeand I had quite a battle on that last race. I had to put my car to FM6 near the end, or it might ha e come down to the last corner. I think Vangeels had to slow down a bit too, if I'm not mistaken
I did indeed slowed down, but in the end it was not needed. The last lap came one lap sooner. :-)

Last edited:
Great racing guys, I lost connection a couple of times so I came out of the voice chat in case that was something to do with it. That last race was brilliant, I binned it a couple of times and had to fuel save like crazy for the last 3 laps, also my force feedback wasn’t working for some reason (excuses excuses). Still it was great fun and I can’t wait for the next one. Thanks Benny for hosting.

Great fun as always. 👍Thanks for hosting. :cheers: That first race was unexpected to say the least. I had to go to option 3 & get out the 4X4. Race 2, you were catching up, thought you had me. Didn't see you much in the Enduro, will need to watch the replay. Nobody could touch @permaculture today. :bowdown:

Pictures will be forthcoming. :D

Great fun as always. 👍Thanks for hosting. :cheers: That first race was unexpected to say the least. I had to go to option 3 & get out the 4X4. Race 2, you were catching up, thought you had me. Didn't see you much in the Enduro, will need to watch the replay. Nobody could touch @permaculture today. :bowdown:

Pictures will be forthcoming. :D
great battle with @Vangeels and @Mr_Benn at the start! Any one of us could’ve binned it / slammed into each other but we just traded places! when I had a little gap, I figured I’d push it to FM1 and try to run some clean laps. Sounds like a few people were above the 1400lbs, I think that + you starting on mediums probably won the day!

The cool thing is, all three cars I ran today have no place in sport mode or the “main game”… but they were all pretty much ready to run today because of these events we’re doing. Never would’ve been touched otherwise!

great battle with @Vangeels and @Mr_Benn at the start! Any one of us could’ve binned it / slammed into each other but we just traded places! when I had a little gap, I figured I’d push it to FM1 and try to run some clean laps. Sounds like a few people were above the 1400lbs, I think that + you starting on mediums probably won the day!

The cool thing is, all three cars I ran today have no place in sport mode or the “main game”… but they were all pretty much ready to run today because of these events we’re doing. Never would’ve been touched otherwise!
I was watching that battle unfold! Not too far behind you guys. Then Vangeels and I had a pretty lengthy battle after that. Some very close racing!

So, next week - opinions. I'm going to set a dollar amount and some parameters. The amount will include any upgrades you want to do to your car. I have two questions - one, how much should the dollar amount be? I'm thinking 60k. And two - and the more important one - when do I tell people? I could do it the same day, but that might be hard that early in the morning. I could do it, like tonight as well. What do you think?

I was watching that battle unfold! Not too far behind you guys. Then Vangeels and I had a pretty lengthy battle after that. Some very close racing!

So, next week - opinions. I'm going to set a dollar amount and some parameters. The amount will include any upgrades you want to do to your car. I have two questions - one, how much should the dollar amount be? I'm thinking 60k. And two - and the more important one - when do I tell people? I could do it the same day, but that might be hard that early in the morning. I could do it, like tonight as well. What do you think?
I am a bad person to ask because I usually max upgrade any car before I start tuning it. I’m sure I could wipe (some?) upgrades off but I’m not sure to what level I can participate in that sort of thing!

Oh.....that 60k is for the car AND any upgrades! You don't own the car yet!
If you specified cars only available in UCD on the day of the race & limited upgrades to only what's available in the Speed shop, it would be more fair to everyone. No visiting the paint shop, no wheels & no spoilers. Buy the car, tires, suspension, etc, only. "Run what you brung", is the old adage. That's my opinion on that.

If you specified cars only available in UCD on the day of the race & limited upgrades to only what's available in the Speed shop, it would be more fair to everyone. No visiting the paint shop, no wheels & no spoilers. Buy the car, tires, suspension, etc, only. "Run what you brung", is the old adage. That's my opinion on that.
Run what you brung is exactly what I want! Maybe I can announce the details (other than race/event specifics) on Friday so everyone has a chance to at least pick, rather than only 5 minutes pre race. I mean, this is partially selfish because by the time I get set and set up a room, I have very little time. Unless I got up earlier....

Well, well. @Benny44 threw a real curve ball at us for race 1, rain & reverse at High Speed Ring. Lots o slippin n slidin. Here's some pics.

Btw, the replay is shared. The other 2 races to follow.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20230604092920.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604092920.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093203.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093203.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093149.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093149.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093141.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093141.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093130.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093130.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093121.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093121.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093107.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093107.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093058.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093058.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093047.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093047.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093028.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604093028.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604092956.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604092956.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230604092934.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230604092934.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 4
wonder if there’s a way to keep this while allowing for elements like “realizing Sebastian the crab is on someone’s rear window” during the race. I almost crashed from laughing

Last edited:
wonder if there’s a way to keep this while allowing for elements like “realizing Sebastian the crab is on someone’s rear window” during the race. I almost crashed from laughing
Hmm....what if we gave a budget to get a car, and specified the type of car whether that be "front engine, rear drive, under 300hp", or whatever (thats just an example). Let's say the budget is 40,000. Then, before the race, I give a specified budget for upgrades, and you cannot go over it. We could do that around North American bedtime Friday.

That way, we'd be able to paint our cars, but not tune then. Speaking of tuning, we could - again relying on the honor system - say no tuning. So if that budget for parts is 20000, you can buy that suspension, but can't touch it afterward

Back