OWS - Now Saturday morning and Wednesday evening. Casual and beginner racers wanted!Open 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 565 comments
I've checked my inventory & found a few candidates for 250 PP. The Willys Jeep, VW Bug & Bus & the Fiat 500 F. There's probably more but you have to handicap them too much to get down to 250 PP. Should be interesting tho.
i found 8 or so that technically meet the standard, though only 2 or 3 registered for the 'high speed' G count lol. i'll have to test those somewhere other than watkins

The Fiat 500 F (92 pp, $16,700) and the Sambabus (124 pp, $62,200) are both in the used car shop right now. The Abarth 1500 Biposto is in the legends dealer for 1 million. It has 268 pp, but I believe the tires it comes with may be CM or CS, which might get it down to 250

Edit - I was trying a few courses, and I think 15ish laps around Autodrome Lago Maggiore Circuit, East End course. It's 1.25 miles, takes a bit over a minute per lap at 250pp (I did 1:15 in 2 the two laps I tried).

I think I have a car, but it's tucked away in my garage under a cover 😉

Last edited:
I bought another Mini (available in used car mart) & got it down to 250 PP, but not sure how competitive it will be. Might be fun tho. Looking at a few more candidates I've got my eye on. Will report my findings.

Last edited:
Found 1 more, the Abarth 595 SS. That gives me 6 usable cars at 250 PP. All the others I looked at won't cut the mustard. See yas on Sunday.

I bought another Mini (available in used car mart) & got it down to 250 PP, but not sure how competitive it will be. Might be fun tho. Looking at a few more candidates I've got my eye on. Will report my findings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 6
First time in this forum so not too sure of the etiquette, also, I am fairly new to GT7... but is this league still going and if so, is it possible to join?
it seems like less of a league, more of a gathering place for people who want to race slow cars early Sunday morning (in north america anyway)!

i don't think there are any location restrictions, but @Benny44 will chime in im sure. I’ve thought about hosting lobbies when I’m doing my lap tests for these cars - I’ve got to do them all over again starting tomorrow!

Last edited:
First time in this forum so not too sure of the etiquette, also, I am fairly new to GT7... but is this league still going and if so, is it possible to join?
Yes for sure, join us! Send me a FR if you like, I'm Bic44. I have been opening the lobbies to the public, but once we have enough people racing (and we may already be there) I'd like to restrict the lobby to friends only so we get just GTplanet people in there and not randoms just dropping in and possibly wrecking the experience for others.

If everyone wants some Willow Springs, then Horse Thief Mile will be one of the races! I'll admit, Willow is my least favorite track on GT, but at a lower PP it might not be as bad.

With the difficulty of getting more cars to 250 PP, maybe we should stay between 300 & 400 PP. The shorter track at Nurburgring looks promising for slower cars. What does everybody think?
I’ll host a test lobby at some point today (have to watch Picard and do some work first) and use that as the setting! Anyone reading this, feel free to add me on PSN.

I think the update is really good for this class, I actually didn’t see any of my 400pp cars change … and comfort tires all feel better

edit: ran one for a little while, will probably do so later! @PapaGnr it is a good track for this class, it has the things I like about horse thief mile without the threat of sand. And my cars have the same PP but they are all different - it’s almost worth just resetting the suspension settings. The merak went from fastest to “can’t turn because the front scoop is dragging the pavement”

Last edited:
I’ll host a test lobby at some point today (have to watch Picard and do some work first) and use that as the setting! Anyone reading this, feel free to add me on PSN.

I think the update is really good for this class, I actually didn’t see any of my 400pp cars change … and comfort tires all feel better

edit: ran one for a little while, will probably do so later! @PapaGnr it is a good track for this class, it has the things I like about horse thief mile without the threat of sand. And my cars have the same PP but they are all different - it’s almost worth just resetting the suspension settings. The merak went from fastest to “can’t turn because the front scoop is dragging the pavement”
The track is good but whatever PD did with grip is brutal. Way too much wheel spin & slippin n slidin. Oh well, we gotta live with it.

The track is good but whatever PD did with grip is brutal. Way too much wheel spin & slippin n slidin. Oh well, we gotta live with it.
I was pretty good at fixing up most cars but they really threw a loop on handling turns. It used to be a really smooth arc in and out of turns but everything feels like it’s skidding a bit. I will try some comfort softs tomorrow, they make the VW bus feel much better than anything I drove today on hards!

Sports hards seem better than before, though. And being able to drive some of the 0 downforce cars easier is neat. It’ll take some time adjust

Last edited:
I was pretty good at fixing up most cars but they really threw a loop on handling turns. It used to be a really smooth arc in and out of turns but everything feels like it’s skidding a bit. I will try some comfort softs tomorrow, they make the VW bus feel much better than anything I drove today on hards!

Sports hards seem better than before, though. And being able to drive some of the 0 downforce cars easier is neat. It’ll take some time adjust
The only problem with going to softer compounds is that it so drastically changes PP values. I am not a fan of this system, although they've made huge adjustments to the wacko settings that were used to get some really high PP cars down to crazy low numbers. PD works in mysterious ways.

I would still like to do at least 1 250pp race, but we can make it one of the shorter ones. Maybe we can do 350pp for a final if you guys want
The 250's are fine, just not that many. I like to use all my cars & not just squirrel them away, collecting dust.

The 250's are fine, just not that many. I like to use all my cars & not just squirrel them away, collecting dust.

you and me both! when asked what I’m doing lately, I say I’m playing with my hotwheels.

when I get on today I’ll tinker more. I know @Benny44 wants to keep it slow, but we were almost slower at 400pp yesterday than our 350pp races ….. I’m gonna see if comfort mediums or softs remove that skidding experience, I’ll make the car work and worry about the PP when it’s time for the exam

Update edit: CM adds 35pp, CS adds 70. I can keep a couple of the 400s, but I might push a few to 420 or 450 until they feel normal. I’m not even sure a 25 hp would feel right driving on these wooden clogs! the same cars i tested yesterday, the only change i made was the tires, and i could instantly drive them all without TCS again. some of them would not even go 0.2 miles without a spinout on TCS 2! everyone will have to see what they think but i wouldn't mind if thats the new standard.

Last edited:
you and me both! when asked what I’m doing lately, I say I’m playing with my hotwheels.

when I get on today I’ll tinker more. I know @Benny44 wants to keep it slow, but we were almost slower at 400pp yesterday than our 350pp races ….. I’m gonna see if comfort mediums or softs remove that skidding experience, I’ll make the car work and worry about the PP when it’s time for the exam

Update edit: CM adds 35pp, CS adds 70. I can keep a couple of the 400s, but I might push a few to 420 or 450 until they feel normal. I’m not even sure a 25 hp would feel right driving on these wooden clogs! the same cars i tested yesterday, the only change i made was the tires, and i could instantly drive them all without TCS again. some of them would not even go 0.2 miles without a spinout on TCS 2! everyone will have to see what they think but i wouldn't mind if thats the new standard.
Which car are you using for your test? Not sure if each car's PP changes exactly the same as what you found. I'll check later when I get in the game.

Which car are you using for your test? Not sure if each car's PP changes exactly the same as what you found. I'll check later when I get in the game.

I checked a few, it seemed to be about 30-45 points per tire upgrade. You’re right though it could differ greatly depending on the car. Regardless… I’m not sure how much fun comfort hards are going to be from now on, though I’d be happy to be wrong. Comfort mediums feel amazing though, the ghia and stingray concept both felt super smooth - no small feat

02829451c71b89802d7b1bc1c481bee8_photo.jpg

Last edited:
I checked a few, it seemed to be about 30-45 points per tire upgrade. You’re right though it could differ greatly depending on the car. Regardless… I’m not sure how much fun comfort hards are going to be from now on, though I’d be happy to be wrong. Comfort mediums feel amazing though, the ghia and stingray concept both felt super smooth - no small feat

02829451c71b89802d7b1bc1c481bee8_photo.jpg
Yeah you're right. The ones I checked were within 30 to 35 different. One thing that totally baffled me was the VW Bug. I was checking the PP & because it was low, I made small adjustments to power & weight & just 1 click of the slider would alter PP 20 units. Must be a "bug" with the Bug.

Everyone should check their settings coz the last update really changed a lot.

I did a custom race with the Copen on CH at the Nurburgring short track & the grip seemed not too bad. Wondering if room settings affect grip?

I did a custom race with the Copen on CH at the Nurburgring short track & the grip seemed not too bad. Wondering if room settings affect grip?
Possible ! Guess I should’ve done that before setting them all up on CM lmao. Having little experience hosting lobbies, I was shocked that there wasn’t a specific description of conditions. I’ll run a few offline and confirm

Edit: yeah CH felt fine at Lago East just now offline … maybe we had some water on the track?? either way I’ve figured (and saved) correct Lobby settings for the ring gp

Last edited:
@Benny44 Do you have an idea what the planning for tomorrow would look like? :)
So, the consensus seems to be NOT 250pp for the last race. But maybe we'll start there with a smaller race. Let's do Horse Thief Mile with 250pp to kick things off. 5 laps

Then we can go to Grand valley South and do 5 laps in a 350pp car

We'll stick with 350pp for the next two races- 4 laps at Laguna Seca and then 6 laps around Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.

CH tires for all races, except the last, which is 20 laps around Lago Maggiore - 400pp. Any comfort tires - hard, medium or soft. The tire wear will be set to 50x and the fuel will be 25x.

Just for reference, the grip reduction off track is set on real, boost is set to none, and slipstream strength is real.

Let's run CH this week and if some are having issues we can look to change it. Personally I find the CH have good grip at this PP

So, the consensus seems to be NOT 250pp for the last race. But maybe we'll start there with a smaller race. Let's do Horse Thief Mile with 250pp to kick things off. 5 laps

Then we can go to Grand valley South and do 5 laps in a 350pp car

We'll stick with 350pp for the next two races- 4 laps at Laguna Seca and then 6 laps around Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.

CH tires for all races, except the last, which is 20 laps around Lago Maggiore - 400pp. Any comfort tires - hard, medium or soft. The tire wear will be set to 50x and the fuel will be 25x.

Just for reference, the grip reduction off track is set on real, boost is set to none, and slipstream strength is real.

Let's run CH this week and if some are having issues we can look to change it. Personally I find the CH have good grip at this PP
Sounds good & I'm OK with whatever we run.

Back