OWS - Now Saturday morning and Wednesday evening. Casual and beginner racers wanted!Open 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 564 comments
Well, I tried to join Papa and Mori but kept getting time outs....oh well....maybe next time if I see ya's in the lobby.
Too bad about that. I had left the lobby to buy some tuning parts & when I tried to rejoin, it took a while to get in. Seems like there are still lobby issues.

Sweet just friend requested Benny and Papa! Is there an updated discord link? The one posted here a few pages back seems to have expired.
Will check out your FR next time I'm online. Don't know about Discord, am unable to join it.

Last edited:
Speaking of discord.....why can't we make a party chat and talk that way?
I've tried to load discord a couple times but got messed up along the way......very hard to understand plus for some odd reason, I don't trust it.

Speaking of discord.....why can't we make a party chat and talk that way?
I've tried to load discord a couple times but got messed up along the way......very hard to understand plus for some odd reason, I don't trust it.
We use head-sets when (not all the time) we use a chat room & @Benny is the 1 that opens it.

Hey @PapaGnr any interesting findings from new update? Not going to be able to log in for awhile but I know you checked up on our potential superlight Alphard (honestly, thank god there is no stage 4/5, it’s too good already).

Last edited:
Hey @PapaGnr any interesting findings from new update? Not going to be able to log in for awhile but I know you checked up on our potential superlight Alphard (honestly, thank god there is no stage 4/5, it’s too good already).
I've not found anything new that's not in the patch notes but just checking the engine swap thread & there's 5 new swaps available so far. Kinda disappointed that the Alphard can't shed a few more pounds (to reach 3000) & no swap yet. 5 new races available, new TT at Streets of Willow reverse with the GReddy Fugu Z. Swaps are costly, 100,000 per plus cost of engine. People already complaining. LOL.

Last edited:
I've not found anything new that's not in the patch notes but just checking the engine swap thread & there's 5 new swaps available so far. Kinda disappointed that the Alphard can't shed a few more pounds & no swap yet. 5 new races available, new TT at Streets of Willow reverse with the GReddy Fugu Z. Swaps are costly, 100,000 per plus cost of engine. People already complaining. LOL.
the best thing i ever did was stop playing this game last august... when i came back i stopped thinking about all the ways it could be better and the economy could be fair lmao. thank you for the update, i'm looking forward to being totally overwhelmed by the options on some cars i had basically set.

aside: digging through soundtracks from '87 for livery ideas for the 959, it appears a minor record called "Appetite For Destruction" was released that year. i meant to say in chat the other day, i have heard 'paradise city' played at sporting events in 3 different countries and approximately 15 states. had a chuckle and a shiver up my spine hearing it in barcelona last summer before a match (and once when atletico madrid played a 45 minute power-rock mix before a major match). and the bad news is... if i run an '89, i fear i may need to create a "Like A Prayer" livery.

Last edited:
the best thing i ever did was stop playing this game last august... when i came back i stopped thinking about all the ways it could be better and the economy could be fair lmao. thank you for the update, i'm looking forward to being totally overwhelmed by the options on some cars i had basically set.

aside: digging through soundtracks from '87 for livery ideas for the 959, it appears a minor record called "Appetite For Destruction" was released that year. i meant to say in chat the other day, i have heard 'paradise city' played at sporting events in 3 different countries and approximately 15 states. had a chuckle and a shiver up my spine hearing it in barcelona last summer before a match (and once when atletico madrid played a 45 minute power-rock mix before a major match). and the bad news is... if i run an '89, i fear i may need to create a "Like A Prayer" livery.
Go for it. Hope to see it this Sunday.

As for the new swaps & parts, I think it brings people back to the game, at least for a short while. We're still lacking so much extra content. GT4 set a milestone that GT7 will probably never reach. Here's hoping, but not holding my breath.

Sorry guys, for some reason it keeps NOT notifying me of new comments on here. @PapaGnr I have no idea for the warm ups. Do you or anyone have ideas? I mean, I could always just do a certain PP and leave it at that

Sorry guys, for some reason it keeps NOT notifying me of new comments on here. @PapaGnr I have no idea for the warm ups. Do you or anyone have ideas? I mean, I could always just do a certain PP and leave it at that
If last weeks were hectic, maybe slow car sprints again. Maybe a +3500lb race too

I was wondering if there’s a way to do a big car small car race evenly. Probably too convoluted for the warm up but I’ll try and think how it would work.

We could always do a redo of last week. That'll give @permaculture a chance to see who's King of the OWS. ;)

Edit; just kidding @permaculture. :gtpflag:You are usually faster than me. :bowdown:

Last edited:
If last weeks were hectic, maybe slow car sprints again. Maybe a +3500lb race too

I was wondering if there’s a way to do a big car small car race evenly. Probably too convoluted for the warm up but I’ll try and think how it would work.
When I was with the Geezer Club, we ran a 3 class championship in GT6. The organizer made us start the race & then form up into the proper group with about 10 to 15 seconds between groups & the race officially started after lap 1. Replays determined where everyone finished & each class had their own standings. It took a long time to organize because there was a pool of cars to choose from in each class & everyone had to change cars for the next race. I don't think BOP was in GT6.

Anyway, that's about the only way you can implement a Big vs Little race.

Edit; we did do a race at Daytona oval where teams tried to push their team-mate around the track using low power cars like the Fiat with say a Nascar car. It was crazy. PS, stretching the gearing was crucial, obviously.

Last edited:
What about big cars on small tracks?
Could try variations each week
Low powered
High powered
Rain
Slicks in the rain
Night
Night and raining
Night and raining and slicks
Blindfolded

That last one was a joke.😂

Or was it???🤔

...........Night..............
Once in GT5, one of the friends got to pick a race. It was at night...wait for it....at the Green Hell......with Nascar cars. Everyone groaned, she giggled & I turned on driving line. It was very spooky, with the others cursing out the originator of this race. Needless to say, she was told NEVER to do that again. :lol:

Most of the tracks don't have rain. But most seem to have day and night cycles. Some of that may work @Mooseldorf .

So, I have an idea for next week's races. If you're on discord, don't repeat this on there. I'm gonna wait because I'm a bit evil. But I'm going to randomizer the fuel and tire wear 10 minutes before the race. I'll tell them this ahead of time, but not yet. It'll make preparing much more difficult and add to the 'easy to drop in' type of race I want.

But maybe this week for warm-ups we could do that, or a variation of it. Randomize PP and tracks

Most of the tracks don't have rain. But most seem to have day and night cycles. Some of that may work @Mooseldorf .

So, I have an idea for next week's races. If you're on discord, don't repeat this on there. I'm gonna wait because I'm a bit evil. But I'm going to randomizer the fuel and tire wear 10 minutes before the race. I'll tell them this ahead of time, but not yet. It'll make preparing much more difficult and add to the 'easy to drop in' type of race I want.

But maybe this week for warm-ups we could do that, or a variation of it. Randomize PP and tracks
brilliant, i am fascinated to see if this gets picked up on. its been interesting to see how much others are planning for lap times in various tires / fuel map settings... i've only ever considered which car will make tires last the longest and going from there! one odd bump or blue flag situation and any serious plan is out the window (i would think)

and more than that its fair. it wont alter anyones setup and can easily be explained by an error with the tire / fuel manufacturer ;)

Last edited:

You are evil.....but I like the idea.
Maybe randomize the HP and weight and even the track at the last minute in future weeks, not all at the same time though, my brain can't handle too many surprises
I look forward to it😎👍

the good thing about accidentally falling to sleep at 5:30pm yesterday is that I have some time to make the new Alfa fit one of the low specs.

hoping for some fun races today! I’ve moved the ps5 to a quiet room - though it is now on a 2008 era tv, so I’ll have to wait til later to upload pictures at top graphics.

Last edited:
Back