pɐǝɹɥʇ lɐᴉɔᴉɟɟoun ǝɥʇ - ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀

Have the heat and floods affected agricultural crop production? Have losses been sustained? Is Australia self-sufficient in agriculture, or are grains imported?
Up north where the flooding is ,its sugar cane,bananas, mangoes and tomatoes not sure whats been affected

I'm reading that Australia is having epic flooding right now that is bringing crocodiles and snakes right to peoples' homes. That's some straight-up sharknado stuff.

"Sure floods are deadly, but what if we added deadly animals to them?" - Australia
Good thing it's not a salty :nervous:.

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/02/04...ather-news-crocodiles-spotted-in-flood-waters

http___prod.static9.net.jpg

I'm currently in Singapore and read a story in The Straits Times regarding hundreds of thousands of dead fish turning up in the underoxygenated Darling River.

Last edited:
When and how did these cattle die? Were they in the food chain? Were they destined for export, or domestic consumption?
Farms up in north qld they all would of drowned, probably for local and international exports, i dare say more news will be out soon

As someone out this way in NW Queensland, these floods, whilst given us the much needed rain we were waiting for, it's caused more pain and destruction than the drought did. The photos going around of all the dead cattle after the flood waters have lowered is a very common sight at the moment around the stations in the region. There's also the train of lead and zinc that's tipped over near Nelia and may have spilt lead and zinc into the floodwaters that are now heading to sea. For those who don't know Nelia is a pretty safe place from flooding, which makes this video all the more crazy.

Hopefully all the affected farmers get the support from the government they deserve. The tough times have definitely become tougher due to the very thing the needed most.

The photos that I have seen it looks like there is an inland sea, a few trees stick out but water going as far as the eye can see, no way cattle can survive it.

Now I know the heat's something else in areas down there too; is there any kind of overlap between the record high temps and flooding? Apologies...I really have no clue where either are taking place.

Now I know the heat's something else in areas down there too; is there any kind of overlap between the record high temps and flooding? Apologies...I really have no clue where either are taking place.
Rain tends to drop temperatures for the trade off in high humidity, but the Areas flooded are closer to the equator the hottest areas are about 1000kms South of that, but it's dry heat.

2e29fd26a5a4402b24c15729db4123e6ece531c3.jpeg

Rain tends to drop temperatures for the trade off in high humidity, but the Areas flooded are closer to the equator the hottest areas are about 1000kms South of that, but it's dry heat.

2e29fd26a5a4402b24c15729db4123e6ece531c3-jpeg.798300
Sure it does, but stranger things have happened; thanks for the info.

And while I enjoy the heat...that is one angry looking map.

In my area at least, we do tend to notice when it gets around 45°C for long stretches of time, we do tend to get a fair bit of rain not too soon after. I think it was Cloncurry that had 40+ days of 40°C and above consecutively, which is a record for Queensland, got drenched in these floods. Not as bad as other remote towns and stations, but there could definitely be a correlation between record breaking temps, then record breaking floods not too soon after.

We've been in a weather pattern called El Nino for a couple years now (drought, high temps) and I am hoping these floods were the end of that cycle and the beginning of a La Nina (wet season, lower temps). Hopefully for the sake of our farmers and cattle, not as intense as this monsoon trough was, or anywhere close to.

When and how did these cattle die? Were they in the food chain? Were they destined for export, or domestic consumption?
"At least those 300,000 cows won't be farting their deadly gasses and spreading that darned global warming" - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

In my area at least, we do tend to notice when it gets around 45°C for long stretches of time, we do tend to get a fair bit of rain not too soon after. I think it was Cloncurry that had 40+ days of 40°C and above consecutively, which is a record for Queensland, got drenched in these floods. Not as bad as other remote towns and stations, but there could definitely be a correlation between record breaking temps, then record breaking floods not too soon after.

We've been in a weather pattern called El Nino for a couple years now (drought, high temps) and I am hoping these floods were the end of that cycle and the beginning of a La Nina (wet season, lower temps). Hopefully for the sake of our farmers and cattle, not as intense as this monsoon trough was, or anywhere close to.
45 ? Anything over 33 is **** and uncomfortable had 1 day experienced at 46 and that was horrible, saying that this summer around Sydney has been **** with humidity and made days very uncomfortable ive never wished a summer away so fast

Mmm.

Sorry.

Thanks for the response and contribution.
I done a water pump out there about 15 years ago it was hot and dusty and i was stuck there for 2 days

Last edited by a moderator:
I am told that Australia used to be a net exporter of wheat. And this year Australia will import wheat.

I am told that Australia used to be a net exporter of wheat. And this year Australia will import wheat.

Maybe the east coast will be importing it from the west coast. Over here in the west we have had typical mild summer, and bumper crops!!
Not even a cyclone this year, which is pretty unusual.

I'm glad I live on the west coast where weather is much more predictable.....lol

Maybe the east coast will be importing it from the west coast. Over here in the west we have had typical mild summer, and bumper crops!!
Not even a cyclone this year, which is pretty unusual.

I'm glad I live on the west coast where weather is much more predictable.....lol

Was working over perth last year w.a. best state hands down loved it

This is causing a big debate about whether anyone defending their home should be in trouble for using force against an offender, and what is "reasonable force" in the heat of the moment.
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/10824552

In America this would probably be a non story.

He wont get charged as the addicts are unpredictable i applaud him , having young children in your house i would risk nothing if i found someone where they shouldn't be id probably get into a bit of trouble also because instead of trying to revive him id keep booting his corpse to make sure he is dead

Morrison Government loves to give big government contracts to his buddies, especially on flawed programs that have proven not to work.
https://bit.ly/2lcLQjC

The Company responsible for the welfare card is run by a former Nationals MP, yeah that's not curruption.
Implementation of the Indue card is apparently costing $11,000 for a $14,000 welfare payment. We have to remember the LNP are economic masterminds though. The Indue company is not only owned by the ex National party chairman, but are also major donors to the LNP. They're trying to privatise the welfare system, like they've been doing with prisons. Profiting from human suffering is morally bankrupt.

Implementation of the Indue card is apparently costing $11,000 for a $14,000 welfare payment. We have to remember the LNP are economic masterminds though. The Indue company is not only owned by the ex National party chairman, but are also major donors to the LNP. They're trying to privatise the welfare system, like they've been doing with prisons. Profiting from human suffering is morally bankrupt.
Parklea Prison which is not far from my house is now statistically the most dangerous prison in Australia, since it's been privitised and it's not even a Supermax.

Our Governments have been getting away with Murder and our media say nothing.

They should add Neo infront of Liberal and it would actually be accurate then.

How anyone supports the Neo Liberal Party is beyond me: https://bit.ly/2nn54nA

Dutton the guy that likes to send the AFP on Journos he doesn't like, is now saying ACT legalising Marijuana is 'Dangerious'.

I bet Dick Cheney is probably on a Picture frame in Dutton's office.

It's been like this for awhile now, and with no rain for the foreseeable future, this smoke isn't going away soon.

It's been like this for awhile now, and with no rain for the foreseeable future, this smoke isn't going away soon.
Yeah mate she is ****ed a few weeks ago I was flying back from Japan got an Arial veiw then can't believe it's been going on this long central coast this morning was horrible, worked in Balmain last Friday ash was falling

Back