Pagani

I need help with my Pagani C12 S. I have bot all the maximum upgrades, except for the ABS and Traction Control System upgrades. I just cannot get a set-up that works both power wise and handling wise. I need a perfect set-up. Can someone help. I am great at tuning cars it's just this one puzzles me.

Honestly, you can't turn the car can you?

It's long been rumored that Pagani used Rice Pudding for brake pads, but when in reality, they removed the steering wheel to save weight.

Humor aside, lose the HP and add the braking. Set TCS to 3, and ASM to 1. This car can perfrom amazing things, as long as you realize that you need twice as long a distance to stop it. THe acceleration in this car garners you a top speed that is arrived at and significantly quicker than it appears.

I can post up a different set-up, but try reducing the HP, adding the parts above, and adapting your driving style to what I mentioned. Come back after 20 laps and give an honest evaluation.

AO

ViperCLK-GTR
I need help with my Pagani C12 S. I have bot all the maximum upgrades, except for the ABS and Traction Control System upgrades. I just cannot get a set-up that works both power wise and handling wise. I need a perfect set-up. Can someone help. I am great at tuning cars it's just this one puzzles me.

"Power is nothing without control"

Use NA1 upgrade with 723 hp. After fitting the race fully adjustable suspension lower front spring rate to about 10 from 16 default value and set the front camber to 4 and rear camber to 2. Brake early and this car handles O.K. Also I think the rear downforce is adjustable so set it to max. It will win the Pro Italian Avante Guard if driven well. I guess this is what you are using the car for?
It also easily wins the Pro MR races without the NA1 upgrade, but with race exhaust, chip, port and balance work done.
If you cant win the Avante Guard with the C12S save your credits and buy the race version and use that (or you can win it from the Rome Enduro).

I assume you're trying to win the Professional League Italian Avant Garde. I think its a PD inside joke. I posted this last year as a comment to one of the C12S setups on GTVault:

Okay, does anybody else feel as I do that the game's developers were having a little fun with us when they threw in the Pro League "Italian Avant Garde" event? I mean, come on: You're up against five identical Zonda Race Cars, all number 24, and you're supposed to beat them with the C12S you won in the NA race? This pig has no frickin' brakes! Oh, please!

Well, there is a way. It's a punky, cheap, slimy way to do it, but I have a feeling the developers just wanted to see if we can figure it out.

The "secret" is: Ride the walls. Notice how this so-called event is run on a track that's lined with them? Notice how fast you can get around this track if you choose to ride them?

Pcman665's setup will work fine for this. Just buy all the engine upgrades and max out the HP, then add T3 hard race tires. Oh, boy, does this 1100-HP sucker leave those Race Cars behind when you just leave the throttle on and ride all the walls in the high-speed turns. You'll have to open the door and stick your foot out to slow down for the three tight turns, but otherwise, keep it punched and lay up against the Armco barriers.

You'll win by half a minute or so. That will get you the Zonda Race Car, and you can come back and run the event straight up, or as straight as this goofy event can be run, at least...

It's not like this is a "real" series or anything. It's pretty bizarre when you think about it.

I used a Zonda C12S with a moderate buildup, and I thought this was a very enjoyable series. It was fun racing for me.

AO has the key here: like the Speed 12, it's a matter of understanding just how stupidly fast you're going by the end of the straights. Approximately double the distance to your braking points and see if you still think the car can't turn.

Here's an excerpt from my entry and comments into a hot lap competition using this car on Rome Reverse a while ago (Duke and Alex may well remember this :D):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tuning I've got seems to work well enough if you get the all-important braking and turn-in points right (as has been said before, the Zonda is very sensitive to the timing of those manoevers).

Springs: 13.8/12.7
Ride: 55/58
Damper B: 6/5
Damper R: 10/9
Camber: 3.8/1.3
Toe: -0.5/+1.0
Stabs: 5/5
Brakes: 17/11
LSD I: 12
LSD A: 24
LSD D: 12
Gears: adjusted the Final to 3.779 (no other changes yet)
Downforce:0.29/0.50
ASM:0
TCS:0

The one key thing that I'm remembering is that the C12S respects commitment and punishes timidity e.g. if she's starting to run wide on a big corner then pour on the power and the nose'll tuck in whereas the much more instinctive lift-off will just cause more problems.

Give these a go and see if they help or hinder, ViperCLK-GTR.

If they're no good for you try these, which were a later refinement of the above:

Springs: 10.8/10.7
Ride: 55/70
Damper B: 4/5
Damper R: 10/9
Camber: 2.7/1.5
Toe: -0.5/+1.0
Stabs: 5/5
Brakes: 17/19
LSD I: 15
LSD A: 30
LSD D: 15
Gears: adjusted the Final to 3.779 (no other changes yet)
Downforce:0.29/0.50
ASM:0
TCS:0

Zonda's are a fab car .... a fab car that can win you loads in this game.

The key thing is that i've always checked the course im racing on and the tire choice too. If theres turns in every direction then your gunna burn out your tires.

Use these up-grades

👍 Full Customised Suspension
👍 Sports Brakes
👍 Brake Balance Controller
👍 Racing Mufler & Air Cleaner
👍 Intake Port Polish
👍 NA TuneUp Kit Stages 2 & 3
👍 Engine Racing Chip
👍 Triple Plate Clutch
👍 Racing Wheel
👍 Sports Transmission
👍 T4 Meduim Slick Tires & T7 Soft Racing Tires