parts of a shark port ?

Discussion in 'Hybriding' started by Der Alta, May 16, 2002.

1. Der Alta

Der Alta Staff Emeritus

I've tried to reasearch the sharkport on the web, and at gameshark.com, but nothing tells me what pieces come in the sharkport.

I've heard reference to a "Dongle" and a USB patch cord.

I download the sharkport software from Gameshark.com. My mainly revloves around the cord. Can I pick up a 2 meter USB to USB cable and use that? Laptop to PS2? Or do I need to blow $30 on the Sharkport?

Any help out there?

Thanks,
    AO

2. klandrader

klandrader

well der the dongle is the gameshark it kinda looks like a memory card and basically the sharkport comes with 2 disc one for pc the other for ps2 and the usb patch cable with 2 usb plugs at the ends as far as i know youll have to spend the 30 bones to get it :(

3. Der Alta

Der Alta Staff Emeritus

Picked it up this weekend.

I had downloaded software from the gameshark website, and was hoping to shell out cash for just a sub cord.

Decided to test ol' Circuit city and "their return policy", I bought the gameshark and ripped it open in the store.

No dongle, though. 2 discs, a manual, and a USB cord with a circuit borad in the middle. No idea what the board is for.

Now all my save games are backed up.

Till later,
    AO

4. klandrader

klandrader

you bought a sharkport the dongle is the actual gameshark now you can d/l saves from the net with various hybrids in them :) have fun and enjoy ! i was wondering what the board in the middle was for myself. anybody have any ideas?

5. Der Alta

Der Alta Staff Emeritus

I've wondered if that little circuit in the middle is a dummy. Thought of picking up a regular cable and seeing what happens. I've thought of downloading Hybrids and other saves. I'm now on my third trip through the game, so on the fourth trip I may try that out.

Having fun now seeing how close I can make the races. have managed to keep the margin of vistory under 3 seconds so far. Although I'm still in beginner level.

AO

6. klandrader

klandrader

thats all that matters, its all about having the fun :)