Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

• Thread starter ststav01
  • 1,978 comments
Fantastic news. I'm loving Sport Mode, but it's heavily focused on Gr3/Gr4. This will get here back into collecting cars for the various GT League events. So happy to see endurance return. It was sorely missed in GT6.

Wasn’t completed maybe?

I'd guess that it was to highlight the fact that they are focusing on the online/FiA stuff from launch. If there's no GT League at launch, people will be drawn to the online races, which is what PD want. Releasing the offline stuff shortly after, when the initial dust settles, not only pleases early buyers who felt it was missing, but may also entice those who didn't buy at launch for that very reason.

38490687686_da0007b886_z.jpg

26771161429_767940bddf_z.jpg

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Just like GT4

38490687836_8a277bcafb_b.jpg

38490687496_8b4a9a2794_b.jpg

38490687586_e6f248076a_z.jpg

26771161179_4708fd4514_z.jpg

SOURCE: https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...tes-add-new-cars-offline-play-gt-league-more/

I'd guess that it was to highlight the fact that they are focusing on the online/FiA stuff from launch. If there's no GT League at launch, people will be drawn to the online races, which is what PD want. Releasing the offline stuff shortly after, when the initial dust settles, not only pleases early buyers who felt it was missing, but may also entice those who didn't buy at launch for that very reason.
interestingly enough I probably would have not given sport mode a chance given more of a choice. Now I'm in love with it despite the quirks, annoyances, and shortcomings.

Rather odd that they use the Huracan for the MR event icon. (Probably a place holder?)

Definitely glad to see more content being added without cost, though I can only hope that these cars will be added to Brand Central and not the Mileage Store. (Didn't seem to see anything about that) I do hope they add more photo scapes with these updates.

This game sold well and and has a very respectable user base which doesn’t need saving.

At all.

Selling well doesn't mean jack when it was obvious that the game was rushed to meet an October release date. And besides, we know it's going to sell well. But it doesn't address the elephant in the room that the game came out with a lack of content and Polyphony expected to mask that with focusing on online.

And besides, said content fails to take into account that this is the exact same career mode that would have been in the game and we would have enevitably complained about because of stupid AI that follows the racing line. AKA, what needed to be changed, instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

GT has lagged behind other competition on consoles for years now and show no signs of budging on rebuilding on what needs to be done, instead chasing cheap tricks and trying to recenter what the series means into a console clone of iRacing with official FIA designations that do jack ****. But of course, when you have a head strong leader at the helm like Kaz, where everything is hunky dory and everybody is chasing him. Newsflash, they aren't chasing him in anything but graphics. In fact, it's the opposite. And even the one trump card that Polyphony has, graphics, certainly pails in comparison to practical graphics like weather effects like Project CARS 2 and even DRIVECLUB have done.

Selling well doesn't mean jack when it was obvious that the game was rushed to meet an October release date. And besides, we know it's going to sell well. But it doesn't address the elephant in the room that the game came out with a lack of content and Polyphony expected to mask that with focusing on online.

And besides, said content fails to take into account that this is the exact same career mode that would have been in the game and we would have enevitably complained about because of stupid AI that follows the racing line. AKA, what needed to be changed, instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

GT has lagged behind other competition on consoles for years now and show no signs of budging on rebuilding on what needs to be done, instead chasing cheap tricks and trying to recenter what the series means into a console clone of iRacing with official FIA designations that do jack ****. But of course, when you have a head strong leader at the helm like Kaz, where everything is hunky dory and everybody is chasing him. Newsflash, they aren't chasing him in anything but graphics. In fact, it's the opposite. And even the one trump card that Polyphony has, graphics, certainly pails in comparison to practical graphics like weather effects like Project CARS 2 and even DRIVECLUB have done.

Are we here to talk about the new update or moan about the game? Because there are many other threads for that.

Are we here to talk about the new update or moan about the game? Because there are many other threads for that.
Some people even complain about good news.

Im happy to be playing the game 1+ month knowing updates will come as opposed to waiting longer for addition of the same content to be "complete".

Criticism and addressing the problems that GT Sport launched with, and continue to suffer from, plus the continued arrogance of Polyphony = moaning apparently

Can't stop the circlejerk I guess.
I will agree that I'm fed up with Kaz' s eccentricity. But at the end if the day I'm enjoying the game "most of the time".

Last edited by a moderator:
I will agree that I'm fed up with Kaz' s eccentricity. But at the end if the day I'm enjoying the game "most of the time".

And more power to you. But this is obviously a PR move, and one that only masks the many problems that face this game in the month after release. And it completely ignores the underlying issues that are present within the GT series as a whole, and within Polyphony's way of thinking and development. And considering what T10, SMS and Kunos have been doing, it is increasingly becoming a relic of a past age in the sim racing space. One that Polyphony is continuing to hold onto because they are coddled by Sony for being one of the few Japanese first party studios they have in their stable.

It's ok to have criticism towards the game but THERE ARE OTHER THREADS MORE APPROPRIATE TO DO THAT.

I had to write in caps because you missed that in my previous post.

Until a mod comes in and says otherwise, I'm fairly certain I have the right to criticize this update.

Back