[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Got some mods working :D Need to try out more but it is working great so far :)
21862939786_2b2dc5f24e_o.jpg

21266797944_ea4d19f5ce_o.jpg

Terrain mod working made me really happy because the stock ground textures suck :grumpy:

21269352623_700e02b993_o.jpg

21702606628_d068a29731_o.jpg
Can you tell me which terrain mod or mods you use? It looks much better than original.

I just tried going on multiplayer from the open beta client for the first time. I don't recommend it. :(

Took me 2 tries to get into the server I wanted to join (game locking up in the loading screen) and once I got in the air the game locked while I was doing aerobatics over the field... game didn't respond until I already made myself into a nice new crater somewhere near Kutasi.

I haven't flown much lately to be honest, but it didn't crash once. The only thing I noticed is that when joining a server, I'm looking at a random thing for some small time before I can do anything. Last few times was a helipad..

We tested jet A2A engagement, even cannon. Formation takeoff, flying and landing. I think we were busy for around two hours and didn't come into any problems. It actually runs very smooth... :embarrassed:

Last edited:
I was on a free flight server last night and I couldn't take off for a while. People doing aerobatics over the field with smoke pods meant I was seeing a single new frame every 3-5 seconds. Even when I was out on my own I couldn't look around at all without it locking up for a second but it was better overall.

I was able to fly some formation with a random dude for a few minutes (and kind of sucked... I cannot keep a plane level with my stick apparently) and there were no issues there though. For the most part, multiplayer is unusable for me. Some guys were saying there's a memory leak which explains it.

I was on a free flight server last night and I couldn't take off for a while. People doing aerobatics over the field with smoke pods meant I was seeing a single new frame every 3-5 seconds. Even when I was out on my own I couldn't look around at all without it locking up for a second but it was better overall.

I was able to fly some formation with a random dude for a few minutes (and kind of sucked... I cannot keep a plane level with my stick apparently) and there were no issues there though. For the most part, multiplayer is unusable for me. Some guys were saying there's a memory leak which explains it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/3o7x80/psa_if_youre_flying_on_mp_with_15_change_your/

I hope this is what brings you the problems.

Hey guys, I bought a new car (:D) and have been so busy with it that lately I have no time for DCS. Excuse me if I don't update the thread lol. Also, I noticed some frame dips in the latest update when moving the camera around :scared: .

Hey guys, I bought a new car (:D) and have been so busy with it that lately I have no time for DCS. Excuse me if I don't update the thread lol. Also, I noticed some frame dips in the latest update when moving the camera around :scared: .

You got a car from Wags for reaching 1000 posts in this thread? :D Congrats drive safe 👍

Nice! Congrats. I only get noticeable fps drops when I look at trees... I have clutter and vegetation preload radius all the way down. Meh.

Thanks. I'l try this out next time I'm on 👍

I know it's only beta... but

FOR THE LOVE OF WAGS WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?!??!1?

Guys after the latest update my key bindings with modifiers don't work. I'm freaking out. Anyone have this problem? Like on the Su25A when I press RAlt+Home for the engines to start up for example nothing happens. But when I mash the button the light on the cockpit flickers/lights up for a split second. Really need help on this one.

Guys after the latest update my key bindings with modifiers don't work. I'm freaking out. Anyone have this problem? Like on the Su25A when I press RAlt+Home for the engines to start up for example nothing happens. But when I mash the button the light on the cockpit flickers/lights up for a split second. Really need help on this one.

I had the something like this but then with the cheat start up (Windows key + Home). I had to unbind the "Home" key, only then RWin+home worked..

Thanks @Carlos that helped with most of the latency. I only drop frames when I'm being buzzed by low flying supersonic smoke machines 👍

But as I was testing this fix I crashed twice. Once while typing a message in the chat and once... just completely randomly within 2 minutes of taking off. Much stability. Very polished. Wow.

edit: aaaand the latency is back to being crap again. I can't move my camera in the F15 and I can't even get the F86 to the runway... Changing my config settings again and maybe it'll work for more than a minute this time.

edit 2: Lag was reduced by quite a bit in the Su27 at least... right up until the plane put itself in S mode and put the gear down then crashed my game when someone flew past me. I'm just gonna wait for another update before I touch that steaming pile of crap again.

Last edited:
Thanks @Carlos that helped with most of the latency. I only drop frames when I'm being buzzed by low flying supersonic smoke machines 👍

But as I was testing this fix I crashed twice. Once while typing a message in the chat and once... just completely randomly within 2 minutes of taking off. Much stability. Very polished. Wow.

edit: aaaand the latency is back to being crap again. I can't move my camera in the F15 and I can't even get the F86 to the runway... Changing my config settings again and maybe it'll work for more than a minute this time.

edit 2: Lag was reduced by quite a bit in the Su27 at least... right up until the plane put itself in S mode and put the gear down then crashed my game when someone flew past me. I'm just gonna wait for another update before I touch that steaming pile of crap again.

I'm really surprised that you have so many problems.. It runs quite smooth over here even online, I only disable cockpit mirror for the frame rate. I almost think it has something to do with those 7 separated files you had to download where I just ran the old updater...

Did you have any mods installed at the time you were installing the beta? I've read that the beta uses files from the normal DCS install, so if you have mods running there it could brick the beta.

Last edited:
I'm really surprised that you have so many problems.. It runs quite smooth over here even online, I only disable cockpit mirror for the frame rate. I almost think it has something to do with those 7 separated files you had to download where I just ran the old updater...

Did you have any mods installed at the time you were installing the beta? I've read that the beta uses files from the normal DCS install, so if you have mods running there it could brick the beta.

I wonder if it is too... the only reason I did that was because it said updates to 1.5 through the regular updater were suspended until 2 days prior to me trying it :lol: I don't have any mods at all for DCS. It's okay when I fly totally on my own, just a bit of lag when I look around the cockpit. As soon as someone gets near me though my screen locks up constantly. And in certain planes I see a new frame every 5 seconds or so no matter what I'm doing. Several other people in the server were complaining about it too even after they did the config file fix.

I just played the very latest update of the beta and I'm pretty blown away. Not only is traffic fixed but there is some new infrastructure. And holy 🤬 are the new afterburners/heat blur cool. (Notice the Mig 29 has a ton of the 3D model overhauled).

143onrd.jpg

ayrg53.jpg

Here's a great preview of the NTTR map and the Red Flag campaigns launching with it. I can relate to this guy in that I'd feel totally overwhelmed in a full-fledged campaign like that but in too much awe to stop. If anything, click through for gorgeous screen shots.

http://www.mudspike.com/dcs-world-2-red-flag/

View attachment 478495

:bowdown:

That video they included has an insane amount of jets flying around. I'm guessing that was just a tech demo to see how many planes can be processed at once. Two things caught my eye: The B-52 and the fact that they're over Groom Lake. Will the B-52 be player-controlled, or just AI? With Groom Lake, will players be allowed to land at Area 51?

That video they included has an insane amount of jets flying around. I'm guessing that was just a tech demo to see how many planes can be processed at once. Two things caught my eye: The B-52 and the fact that they're over Groom Lake. Will the B-52 be player-controlled, or just AI? With Groom Lake, will players be allowed to land at Area 51?

The latest update fixes a lot of issues with lag or processing of things. When playing a saved track, I usually could not speed up too much because DCS could not keep up. Now I can speed up the time x10 and it still plays smoothly, which gives me the idea we now can really fly with so many planes at once.

It looks incredible! I can't wait for the consumer release of 2.0.

And the damn F-18.

Back