[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Which version of the F-35 is it? A, B, or C?

The A version.

Image7.jpg

Image6.jpg

Got my hands on Prepar3d. Tried out the F-35. The digital cockpit is so weird, I miss al the gauges! Felt like a toy for the first few moments :P

Best part is that the world is the map. Too bad the stock airports are not so pretty. Those downloadable upgrades aren't cheap either (holy crap :scared:). But it's nice to go in the air from my local airports now and then.

Of course, I wouldn't be doing this if DCS had brought out 2.0 and new maps.....

I did not know that was a thing. Man... if I had a little more time I'd jump ship until 2.0 arrives next year :P

488791ImageProxy1.jpg

DCS World 1.2.15 and MiG-15bis!

Both DCS World 1.2.15 and DCS: MiG-15bis are now available.

You can download DCS World 1.2.15 using the automatic updater or download the installer files here.

DCS: MiG-15bis can be purchased from DCS E-shop.

DCS: MiG-15bis product page.

We also have a series of videos to help you get started with the MiG-15bis here.

514432ImageProxy2.jpg

DCS World 2

We are nearing a point where DCS World 2 will be available for a public, alpha release. The primary work remains with sorting out some issues with the unified .exe (no longer will the front end and simulation end operate as two separate exe). We have also been using this time to give mission builders better control of AI weapon jettison, afterburner use, and restrictions of when they can attack air and ground targets. Now that the 1.2.15 update is released, the team will be focused on final testing and preparing DCS World 2 (and the NTTR map) for its debut.

671838ImageProxy3.jpg

DCS: Nevada Test and Training Map

The actual art construction (elevation mesh and textures) of this map is more-or-less done with the remaining work being performance optimization and getting the AI units to operate within the map correctly (such as airfield taxi operations). As with DCS World 2, once 1.2.15 is released, this map will be the focus of testing to get it ready for its alpha, public release.

In parallel with the new map, Red Flag campaigns for the F-15C and A-10C are in active development.

231533ImageProxy4.jpg

DCS: L-39 Albatros

The next aircraft to be released by Eagle Dynamics will be the L-39C and the L-39ZA. Both aircraft are in a later stage of development with most of the work now focused on the various cockpit systems and flight dynamics. This will be a fully-realized module with mouse-interactive cockpit and professional flight model. Although it will not be available at launch, two-players in the same aircraft is planned for the L-39. We see this as an important feature, not just for the L-39, but other current and future DCS modules.

176409ImageProxy5.jpg

DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt

The next World War II aircraft for DCS World will be the Thunderbolt. As you can see by the images in this newsletter, the cockpit is quite far along and overall project status is moving along nicely. Once the Bf 109 K-4 is out of beta (good progress as you can see in the 1.2.15 preliminary change log), progress on this module will further accelerate.

293564ImageProxy6.jpg

DCS: Spitfire IX

Following the Thunderbolt, the next of our World War II aircraft will be the glorious Spitfire IX. While not as far along as the Thunderbolt, aspects of it are underway as evidenced by the early cockpit renders seen in this newsletter

456308ImageProxy7.jpg

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

No, it’s not a myth. Work on the Hornet continues with great progress on the air-to-surface radar. The real beam mapping mode is just about done, and once complete, the team will start work on the various sub-modes. This has been a critical new technology that had to be developed from scratch for this project.

Included in this newsletter is the current status of the 6 DOF cockpit. It is still very much a work-in-progress but project development is now accelerating.

517583ImageProxy8.jpg

Hawk for DCS World

We are working closely with VEAO Simulations on preparing the Hawk for sale on the DCS e-shop. There have been a few remaining bugs that need to be resolved, but once complete, the module will be available from the DCS e-shop. In the meantime, you can download the VEAO installer here.

Ok I played a bit of 1.2.15 and what I've spotted is that the MiG 21 wallpapers are all gone (theme) and the MiG 21 icon is replaced with a green box sort of thing. In game for some reason you can see your HUD all the time which is weird (Su-25T).

Edit:
Stay thirsty my friends:

Last edited:
So still no date for 2.0 or NTTR, eh? Meanwhile, they're working releasing another dozen videos filmed in 2.0 at NTTR just to 🤬 tease us.... *sigh*. I guess they're no longer giving us dates so they can delay it without telling us :P

He also has this one :lol: not sure which is worse.

Sometime today Leatherneck will make an announcement about their next plane. This is on their landing page. F-14 is all but confirmed, I guess.

f14aweuwahduiedh.jpg

p3DNK4s.gif

Tomcat confirmed!!1!

SWINOUJSCIE, POLAND - March 3rd 2015 - F-14A/B (A+) Tomcat coming to DCS World

Leatherneck Simulations, in association with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics are immensely proud to announce the development of the F-14 Tomcat for DCS World!

The F-14 Tomcat is a fourth-generation, twin tail, supersonic naval interceptor aircraft, developed for the United States' Navy VFX programme. After it's debut flight in 1970, and subsequent fleet introduction in 1974, the F-14 became the primary fleet defense and air superiority fighter for the U.S. Navy. The legend of the F-14 only grew after the hollywood smash-hit "Top Gun" - in which it was heavily featured.

Key Features of DCS: F-14A & B include:
  • Highly Accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) Cockpit
  • Highly Accurate avionics and weapons system modelling - including the vaunted AWG-9 Radar system and AIM-54 Phoenix missiles.
  • AIM-54 Phoenix Simulation with a CFD based AFM
  • 'JESTER AI' - A Proprietary AI System for fully voiced, dependable and smart RIO/WSO
  • Highly Accurate Flight Model - Based on Real Performance Data
  • Both -A and -B Model F-14's
  • Animated Crew Members - Closely Integrated with JESTER AI
  • Highly Detailed External Model, Animations and Textures
  • Highly Accurate Aircraft System and Subsystem Modelling
  • One Free Theatre bundled with the Aircraft
  • ...and much, much more!
At Leatherneck Simulations we strongly believe in raising the bar. We have never been comfortable with adhering to the status quo.

For the Development Team, the F-14 will represent the culmination of years of experience and dedication. Our passion is only rivaled by our ambition, and we are pushing ourselves to be better than ever before. So strap in and enjoy the ride, and get ready to experience definitive F-14 experience.

Sincerely,
Leatherneck Simulations

edit: So now that we know how to modify the G-breathing audio file, we need to replace it with "Danger Zone" by the time the F14 comes out :lol:

Last edited:
Good news 👍

http://theaviationist.com/2015/03/01/iriaf-f-14s-overhauled/
"Iran still operates some Tomcats that are being modernized to F-14AM (“Modernized”) standard to extend their operative life until 2030. Domestic upgrades include avionics (radar and RWR) and weapons: R-73E, AIM-54A, AIM-7E and AIM-9J are among the air-to-air missiles adapted to the aircraft’s fire control system. The Iranian Tomcats can also carry the AIM-54A+ “Fakour-90” missile: a domestically upgraded, partially reverse engineered version of the famous AIM-54 Phoenix long range missile of the U.S. Navy F-14s. The IRIAF F-14s are also being given a three-tone Asian Minor II camouflage pattern loosely resembling the “splintered” one adopted by Russian 4th and 5th generation fighter planes and U.S. Aggressors."

http://theaviationist.com/2013/02/11/shah-tomcat/ Good read

And some eye candy
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

f_14a_tomcat_iriaf__persian_cat__by_0viking0-d5xttqc.jpg

Last edited:
I really enjoyed reading this
http://globalaviationresource.com/reports/2011/landingandstopping.php

"As I joined up in 1977, the days of the “old” Ark Royal were numbered, and the Royal Navy announced it was going “VSTOL” (Vertical and Short Take Off and Landing). That boyhood dream of catching a wire on a carrier deck was set aside for the time being, while I concentrated on competing for one of the few slots available on the new Sea Harrier. Well, more by luck and determination than anything else, I got there. So after several years of stopping and then landing on my ship, when the chance to go and learn to land first, and then stop, was offered, I was not going to turn it down!"

Was flying in the 104th Phoenix server. It's red vs blue, but all planes are mixed and you can't see others on the map... How do you know if he is red or blue? I was going after a Su-27, he was flying like he wanted to get away from me and deployed flares and chaff so I went for the kill. It was a team kill.. Then I got chases by a Su-27, he shot at me but missed, then I got behind him and went for the kill. Another team kill :mad: After I got flamed on I left.. :scared:

16528244140_83afdce359_o.jpg

16529542269_d7bfcb9b55_o.jpg

Edit: oh yeah the triangle and the square dohh

Last edited:
Changelog of 1.2.16
VEAO DCS: Hawk T.1 module beta release

DCS World
  • Fixed missing image Bf-109K4 in ME if module not installed.
  • Fixed error in radio speech scripts AI planes for some countries.
  • Su-24: Corrected 3D model and LOD’s
  • Su-24: fixed ground objects lighting
  • Execution of.exe files in mission is disabled
  • FAB-50 and FAB-100 bomb textures updated
  • Numerous scripting functions for Cargo Static Objects fixed (partially)
  • Fixed broken update for MiG-21Bis

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3
  • Su-27: fixed ground objects lighting
  • Su-27: ‘Fortress Mozdok’ campaign: mission #9 (EN locale) fixed

DCS: F-86F Sabre
  • Corrected rate of fire for guns
  • Some joystick commands for Arcade mode fixed

DCS: MiG-15Bis
  • Added pilot’s 3D model
  • Updated 3D external model.
  • Updated 3D model of cockpit.
  • Added rack damage with high force (only for 600L fuel tanks).
  • AGK-47B cage handle now automatically return to off position, when released.
  • Corrected tooltips for AGK-47B cage handle.
  • Deleted unused option in “Special” tab.
  • Corrected input (deleted duplicated combos, command for landing gear lever neutral position added, etc.).
  • The adjustment of gunsight brightness is inverted.
  • DGMK-3 Desired heading and current heading are inverted.
  • Corrected autostart procedure.
  • Cockpit air valve now closing during repair.
  • Timer’s minute needle now moving counterclockwise.
  • FAB-50 and FAB-100: bomb parameters corrected
  • Gear damage and moment limit adjusted

Back