[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Speaking of vaporware :P Did I miss any kind of announcement on the 2.0/NTTR release? I could have sworn they were talking about Q1 2015 after they last delayed it... and they're running out of time.

Glorious Leader training his future fighter pilots with DCS :lol:

potd-kim-jong-flig_3225888k.jpg

Hey look it's another DCS sale. :rolleyes:

Spring is here and it’s time to reward yourself with some new DCS modules at great savings! Take advantage of this sale that runs from Thursday April 9th at 12:00 Moscow time to Monday April 13th at 12:00 Moscow time.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/
  • DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: A-10C Warthog: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: Black Shark 2: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $8.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: Combined Arms: $19.99 to $5.99 (70% off)
  • F-15C for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
  • Su-27 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
  • Su-27 The Ultimate Argument Campaign: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
  • A-10A for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
  • Su-25 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: MiG-15bis: $49.99 to $29.99 (40% off)
  • DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight: 49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: C-101 Aviojet: $59.99 to $17.99 (70% off)
  • DCS: MiG-21bis: $49.99 to $24.99 (50% off)
  • Hawk T.1A for DCS World: $39.99 to $19.99 (50% off)

The last update they had was from February basically saying the next DCS update would be 2.0 as they've shifted all their focus to it and NTTR. Since then, not a thing from what I can tell. I haven't played this in months and won't until this stuff is released, me thinks.

The last update they had was from February basically saying the next DCS update would be 2.0 as they've shifted all their focus to it and NTTR. Since then, not a thing from what I can tell. I haven't played this in months and won't until this stuff is released, me thinks.
I haven't touched DCS in a long time to be honest.

Those prices for DCS: A-10C and the A-10A are killing me. I wish I had a PC that I could use to play games and sims. :mad:

I've been playing about once a week. The virtual aerobatics server is fun most of the time.. Or I'll create my own scenario with crazy winds just to see if I can land it :P

I'm now reading Viper Pilot so that's giving me just enough motivation to keep going..

And it's weird but I really wish there was some flyable big planes in DCS. Like the tankers..

And it's weird but I really wish there was some flyable big planes in DCS. Like the tankers..

Imagine being able to do missions in an AC-130 gunship. :drool:

You would need some friends to help you out, though, but it would be exciting to coordinate an attack with it and an A-10 or two.

Imagine being able to do missions in an AC-130 gunship. :drool:

You would need some friends to help you out, though, but it would be exciting to coordinate an attack with it and an A-10 or two.

Exactly! If only a few things were added to DCS like that and missions are so much more exciting.

If only there was as much interest in military sim flying as is in civil sim flying... So many things made for FSX and only a handful for DCS. I wouldn't mind doing some cargo flights or doing ammo drops or whatever.

So I got Arma 3 and was thinking.. I think the best game ever would be Arma 3 infantry/map/graphics + the flight simulation of DCS + say the driving physics of DiRT or something similar may be the best thing ever.

So I got Arma 3 and was thinking.. I think the best game ever would be Arma 3 infantry/map/graphics + the flight simulation of DCS + say the driving physics of DiRT or something similar may be the best thing ever.

But ArmA has the worst physics engine ever.

But ArmA has the worst physics engine ever.
But the infantry combat is soo good.

Hey guys, I'm just thinking. When (if?) 2.0 comes out should I start saving up for a new graphics card? My GTX 560ti Hawk is already starting to give with the new plane models in 1.0. My concern is that the DCS might need a lot of processing power and not so much GPU power.. I'm scared my i5 3570K might not be enough either. Opinions? (I'm looking at a GTX 970 if I do upgrade).

Last edited:
But the infantry combat is soo good.

Hey guys, I'm just thinking. When (if?) 2.0 comes out should I start saving up for a new graphics card? My GTX 560ti Hawk is already starting to give with the new plane models in 1.0. My concern is that the DCS might need a lot of processing power and not so much GPU power.. I'm scared my i5 3570K might not be enough either. Opinions? (I'm looking at a GTX 970 if I do upgrade).

Well I'm sure you could run it, just not sure about how nice it's going to look. A new graphics card would probably help out a lot. I feel like someone gave some advice on that a while back but I don't even know if they've revealed requirements for 2.0 yet. On the bright side, if you do have to upgrade you'll have plenty of time to save up :P

Latest Posts

Back