[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

you'll have plenty of time to save up :P

:lol: Ouch!

So I got Arma 3 and was thinking.. I think the best game ever would be Arma 3 infantry/map/graphics + the flight simulation of DCS + say the driving physics of DiRT or something similar may be the best thing ever.

Is it nice? Do you have TrackIR? Every time I look at Arma3 I'm not sure if it's really that nice. I love Battlefield, but I play that on PS4.

And I have exactly the same question. I'm running a GTX650 Ti, it barely handles 1.0 on high quality. When I have cockpit lights on and mirrors, FPS is very low. Also when I enable grass or more trees. And I'm already on an i7 3770k, Z77 Sabertooth mobo and 24gb memory. :ouch:

If anyone is interested, I've been to Leeuwarden AFB to see Frisian Flag. Some sort of Red Flag exercise but then for Europe.. My post.

:lol: Ouch!

Is it nice? Do you have TrackIR? Every time I look at Arma3 I'm not sure if it's really that nice. I love Battlefield, but I play that on PS4.

It's a fantastic game. Physics engine is total garbo though. I don't have TrackIR. I personally like it better than BF3, but they are pretty different games in general.

It's a fantastic game. Physics engine is total garbo though. I don't have TrackIR. I personally like it better than BF3, but they are pretty different games in general.

I'll keep watching it and hope for a sale. 60 Euros for garbo physics is too much :embarrassed:

16547921963_6f9b74d687_c.jpg

16981923889_6583556f80_c.jpg

17166460842_5d18a705cf_c.jpg

Last edited:
Are you looking to get another one or get dedicated rudder pedals? I'm looking to get rid of my DFGT soon to replace it with a G27.
Just pedals. I don't drive. I need a dirt cheap alternative right now since I'm pretty sure flight pedals are $100+.

I'm going to do this:
PEDAL3.jpg

Anybody know some places to find cheap joysticks?

Last edited:
Just pedals. I don't drive. I need a dirt cheap alternative right now since I'm pretty sure flight pedals are $100+.

I'm going to do this:
PEDAL3.jpg

That sucks. You don't have a stick that has rudder? Can't you buy the same pedals again?

You could use just about any analogue controller for that, or maybe use a linear slide potentiometer instead of a stick?

Or, if you like the DFGT pedals, you could easily wire those up to the LT/RT on a 360 controller or similar, you don't need the DFGT. Failing that, you could get an Arduino Micro clone (the Pololu A-Star is pretty cheap and absolutely tiny) and follow these instructions to turn it into a HID joystick. Or buy a Leo Bodnar standalone pedal cable.

My joystick doesn't have rudder motion, but really like it and I'm used to it. I still have the dfgt pedals but the dfgt seems to have died because when I plug it in (pc and ps3) the gt logo flashes in a strange way. If there was some way to just plug the pedals directly into the pc without the wheel, that would be an idea workaround.

That modeling looks absolutely stunning.

Unlikely unless they change which one is modeled. The F-14 will provide something fairly comparable with ground attack when it's released.

Yeah can't wait for it.. F-14 Bombcat :cool: Same with the F-18. DCS future looks great but the patience is killing me!

Went on the VA server and got in quite the formation..
17226010659_8df3918815_o.jpg

There is another F-15C on my left and a crazy Su-33 pilot who came by inches away from me full AB and flares :crazy:

With Fraps running in the background you can see my pc had a pretty rough evening handling all those planes.. It usually was around 20 so it was just okay... Barely..

How I read your post

:(

Exactly..

Going to an AFB in Belgium tomorrow. Spotters day.. Belgium (A109BA, NH90TTH, NH90NFH), France (Gazelle, EC120, Puma), Czech (MI17, MI24), UK (Puma Mk2), The Netherlands (Al III) and Germany (UH1 D). Also a demo of NH90TTH with hoisting, underslung loads en fast roping techniques.

Probably when I'm riding back I'm craving for 2.0.

Exactly..

Going to an AFB in Belgium tomorrow. Spotters day.. Belgium (A109BA, NH90TTH, NH90NFH), France (Gazelle, EC120, Puma), Czech (MI17, MI24), UK (Puma Mk2), The Netherlands (Al III) and Germany (UH1 D). Also a demo of NH90TTH with hoisting, underslung loads en fast roping techniques.

Probably when I'm riding back I'm craving for 2.0.
Let's hope we get some 2.0 news by the time you're back.

Back