[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

I've been spending time with the A-10C the last few days. Starting to learn the systems slowly but surely. It's a lot of fun I must say. :)

Didn't see it the first time I watched it 👍 Thought you were referring to the newest Albatros video.

I've been spending time with the A-10C the last few days. Starting to learn the systems slowly but surely. It's a lot of fun I must say. :)

Yeah it is very addictive. Now I kinda now how to use all the weapon systems, those Mavs are a lot of fun :)

FLASH SALE!
The summer heat is here and so are the DCS savings! Take advantage of this mid-summer FLASH sale that runs from 15:00 (UTC time) Friday, July 31st to 05:00 (UTC time) Monday, August 3rd.
Fill out your DCS World library before the big move to DCS World 1.5 in September 2015.
This FLASH sale is for USD prices only and does not apply to former Soviet Union countries.
DCS E-Shop: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/
• DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
• DCS: A-10C Warthog: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
• DCS: Black Shark 2: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
• DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $8.99 (70% off)
• DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
• DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
• DCS: Combined Arms: $19.99 to $5.99 (70% off)
• F-15C for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
• Su-27 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
• Su-27 The Ultimate Argument Campaign: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
• A-10A for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
• Su-25 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
• DCS: MiG-15bis: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
• DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
• DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
• DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight: 49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
• DCS: C-101 Aviojet: $59.99 to $17.99 (70% off)
• DCS: MiG-21bis: $49.99 to 19.99 (60% off)

I see you already expect the Gazelle termi, good work :) Some screens..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not so new video but new to me. Looks cool!

And can't find anything about the NH90 anymore and reading through the DCS forums it looks like some 3rd party developers are pulling out of DCS.. :ouch:

Flew some hours today in the Huey and finally almost sort off got the hang of it :P Managed a couple of good landings instead of suddenly dropping out of the sky.

Rotor wash!
20721076171_4f03b68596_b.jpg

20091658584_baecbeb88f_b.jpg

20721071781_9d3d383170_b.jpg

The Fighter Collection with Eagle Dynamics are happy to announce that DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map is available for pre-purchase from the DCS e-shop
DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map will sell for $49.99 in November 2015. Pre-purchase now for $39.99 and save 20%!

I assume 1.5 will be released with it.......

Flying the Huey more regularly and joined the 229th. The virtual one :P
21325370042_23a0bc096a_o.jpg

so... I'm thinking of trying this out. I'm not sure if my computer will run it though, but if it does I'll try to be good at it.

From a well experienced player and one that has gone through hassles of installation and other technical things, is there anything I should do before downloading?

Also, how does the aircraft acquisition in this game work? Do I buy each and every aircraft or are there some freewares that come with it already. Speaking of freeware, is there any third party freeware out there?

Also what version do I need to get to be with you guys? Is that free as well?

so... I'm thinking of trying this out. I'm not sure if my computer will run it though, but if it does I'll try to be good at it.

From a well experienced player and one that has gone through hassles of installation and other technical things, is there anything I should do before downloading?

Also, how does the aircraft acquisition in this game work? Do I buy each and every aircraft or are there some freewares that come with it already. Speaking of freeware, is there any third party freeware out there?

You want to join the DC2 2.0 waiting game with us? ;) Welcome, it's pretty easy to get going with this. Nothing too crazy other than using the planes themselves... tutorials will be your friend.

So you can get DCS World from either Steam or the developer directly and that's sort of the heart of the game. It comes with two free planes: Su25T and a trainer (no guns) version of the P51. It includes the base Caucasus map which is huuuuuge.

DCS World with its 2 planes and base map is totally free.

Once you get that installed and get the hang of the controls, you then buy add on planes individually or sometimes as a bundle (ex Flaming Cliffs series). You get those from either Steam or the dev website. There are a bunch of 3rd party planes either released or still on their way but I don't know of any that are free.

Publisher's site: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/world/

The only thing you should know before getting into any of the expansions is that if you get the game on Steam you can only buy expansions for the Steam version of the game. Most of their sales (of which there are a ton) only apply to the expansions they sell on their site directly and you can't use those purchases from their site on Steam. Most of us get DCS World directly from the publisher so we get more discounts. Steam and direct versions can still play online together since there really isn't anything different about them.

I think that's most of it... hope that helps!

Last edited:

DCS World is free. It includes the entire game (single and multiplayer) and two flyable aircraft, the Su-25T and TF-51. Don't bother with system requirements, just download it and see if it runs. However if you issues, note that the game is getting a massive update later this month that will change performance.

At the moment the game has ~5 install files. Download them all to the same folder and run the .exe to install.

To get aircraft outside the two mentioned above, you need to buy them. There are no free add on aircraft excluding simple mods.

The only thing you should know before getting into any of the expansions is that if you get the game on Steam you can only buy expansions for the Steam version of the game. Most of their sales (of which there are a ton) only apply to the expansions they sell on their site directly and you can't use those purchases from their site on Steam. Most of us get DCS World directly from the publisher so we get more discounts. Steam and direct versions can still play online together since there really isn't anything different about them.
Thanks for all the above info. THIS, is what I was looking for... The little things that all game/addon devs don't really say unless you go looking for it. I tried to download initially from their website and after it finished, it was a .bin file. Not sure how to open it or what not, and I probably should've tried other installers...

DCS World is free. It includes the entire game (single and multiplayer) and two flyable aircraft, the Su-25T and TF-51. Don't bother with system requirements, just download it and see if it runs. However if you issues, note that the game is getting a massive update later this month that will change performance.

At the moment the game has ~5 install files. Download them all to the same folder and run the .exe to install.

To get aircraft outside the two mentioned above, you need to buy them. There are no free add on aircraft excluding simple mods.
So on their website, I download all of them? Will one of them be the installer package because I was having an issue even trying to install the first one as it was a .bin file...

Thanks for all the above info. THIS, is what I was looking for... The little things that all game/addon devs don't really say unless you go looking for it. I tried to download initially from their website and after it finished, it was a .bin file. Not sure how to open it or what not, and I probably should've tried other installers...

So on their website, I download all of them? Will one of them be the installer package because I was having an issue even trying to install the first one as it was a .bin file...

Put all the .bin files in a folder with the .exe and run the .exe. The .exe uses those .bin files.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/release/

The one on the bottom left is the .exe. Throw them all in one folder and run the .exe.

edit;
And if you want, I'm flying frequently so maybe we can meet up.

Had a mission today with some other Dutch guys. I could barely get of the ground with this heavy payload :lol:
21419257185_cbbe78887a_o.jpg

Oh and got some texture mods running, looking a lot nicer now :cool:
20796563924_49ffdeff8f_o.jpg

Last edited:
Finished the download/install and watched one of the horrible 240p tutorial....

Got bored about 1/8 the way through so I went back and assigned a few things to my joystick (a few, as in just the axis. I found the brakes (W) Canopy (C) and dome lights (L), along with G for gear, the flaps, and the drogue chutes) and give it a flight.

Frames are okay, probably 20-35 but really smooth. I need to disable some of the trees though... Don't really care for them. Tomorrow (well as of 12:13am I guess today) I'll try it again and actually read a few things and watch stuff on YouTube as far as how to blow stuff up.

I did two landings, one at the airport, the other on a field.... Lets just say concrete is a better landing surface.

ALSO.... how do I change the inverted axis for the mouse view in the F2 view (outside) for vertical change??? Really annoying..

Finished the download/install and watched one of the horrible 240p tutorial....

Got bored about 1/8 the way through so I went back and assigned a few things to my joystick (a few, as in just the axis. I found the brakes (W) Canopy (C) and dome lights (L), along with G for gear, the flaps, and the drogue chutes) and give it a flight.

Frames are okay, probably 20-35 but really smooth. I need to disable some of the trees though... Don't really care for them. Tomorrow (well as of 12:13am I guess today) I'll try it again and actually read a few things and watch stuff on YouTube as far as how to blow stuff up.

I did two landings, one at the airport, the other on a field.... Lets just say concrete is a better landing surface.

ALSO.... how do I change the inverted axis for the mouse view in the F2 view (outside) for vertical change??? Really annoying..

What helped me a lot was disable grass. You really don't need grass.. I think I have the trees bar at like 25 to 33% from the left.

No idea how to invert that, you'll get used to it :P

Back