PC + GT2 + wheel???

• Thread starter silverpuyo
  • 13 comments
Did anyone able to make their wheels work with GT2 on pc with any emulator?

mine sort of works with epsx but nothing happens until 65% turn and after that its very sensetive.

any ideas?

thanx.

I have the exact same problem, well had anyway. The gear down trigger broke and in an attempt to fix it I ended up disconnecting a wire an now I don´t know where it was. It wasn´t even my wheel it was borrowed. Damn why did I had to try and fix it GRRR.

Uhh back on topic WHEN it was functioning I faced that dilema, no way to set it properly in the game´s menu either. Anoying to say the least. Maybe try and search for some pad drivers?

Yep I played with mine in epsxe. Gotta tell you even with the dead zone unproperly set playing gt2 with a wheel is amazing.

Hi bla, how did you setup the wheel to work with epsxe and what type of steering wheel are you using. I was planning to buy the steering wheel that was offered specially for GT.

I didn´t, I just conected it and it was ready. The wheel I was using was a thrusmaster something I think and it is there where I believe you´re confusing things: you don´t use a psx wheel you use a pc one. The emu has the ability to recognize it, it even has option on the controller setup (analog / analog-digital) - well at least epsxe has. Thing is I wasn´t able to set the dead zone properly but maybe there is a a way.

Now if you really want to use a psx wheel I think there are some devices that allow you to use psx pads and wheels on your pc but I´m not sure; anyway there are lots of great pc wheels out there so...

Thanks bla but I am new to these wheels. So what do you mean by the dead zone of the steering wheel. I am guessing this is when there is no response in the game when the steering wheel reaches that dead zone.

Oh yea, what I mean by using the ps2 steering wheel is that it can be used for pc since it has a usb connection. This steering wheel will be great for pc and ps2/3. As you may call it, killing two birds with one stone.

I didn´t know the ps2 wheel was pc compatible, that´s reat.
Dead zone is the part of the wheel that doesnt´t respond to turning input for a given while; example: only when you turn 25% of the wheel will it start to actually turn, so the dead zone is 25%.

Also, I was able to us the Wheel with the epsxe emulator, but the dead zone thing sucks. I cancalibrate my wheel in windows a bit to make up for the dead zone, but then I only have a small arc to play with which makes the wheel very sensitive. I wish there was a way for it to feel better.

I have a logitech momo wheel and I've tried just about everything to get it to work right with gt2. Finally with the padGnneco plug-in I got it to work. It creates a file called "pgnneco.ini" in the psxeven directory. I manually edited the "nejiri R" and "nejiri L" max/min settings so that they overlap. Here is my current set-up, but I still have to tweek it:

[nejiri R]
max=65535
min=28768
[nejiri L]
max=0
min=36767

I just realized that with the PadGnneco_plug-in the analog settings work in the game!! So I guess the best way to get it to work is not to edit the .ini file, but to set the analog settings from the game =) Back to tweaking...

I know this thread is old, but it really hasn't been answered yet. Is there a way to adjust the dead zone of your pc wheel to work with epsxe?

I'm using the Driving Force Pro wheel with the epsxe emulator. The problem as everyone else stated is that there is no response until you have turned the wheel 20-25 % of the way and then the rest is very sensitive. Any solutions yet?

Back