PC - Halo 5: Forge (Come play custom games) <--FOR FREE!!!

• Thread starter exXboxfan
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
ex_stream_tuna
Are you looking for a First-Person Shooter to play on the PC? Want something that can be casual or competetive, depending on your mood? Want dozens of mini-games and puzzle maps? Halo 5: Forge is for you.

It's out for the PC (has been since Sept. 2016). It's Halo 5, but named "Forge" because that's its intended use - To give forgers, aka "Cartographers" a tool on the PC to use in furtherance of their crafting of user-made content for the game, which already has a in-game forge.

Thankfully, 343 Industries built this as pretty much a port of the Xbox version of Forge, and thus uses the game's engine and game rules to give players the ability to build stuff. We can therefore use it to test maps we build. That means, PLAYING HALO MULTIPLAYER ON PC!!!!

What does that mean for people who don't have a desire to forge maps of their own? They gave us Custom Games, the longstanding method for creating a match with your friends and loading up whatever gametypes and maps you desire.

Custom Game's Browser: What's more? In the Monitor's Bounty update, released late last year, they gave PC and Xbox users the ability to search for custom games being run, which were set to "Open to anyone".

And best of all? It's completely free!

Many people are venturing back into Halo for the first time in many years because there is finally something to play on the PC! However, the player population is relatively low because this has not been widely publicized or promoted.

How do I get the game?

Microsoft Store Download page

What do I need?

On the above site, you'll see some system specs, but sufficing to say, if your using Windows 10, and have a relatively decent machine, you can run this.

My GTX 970 only runs at around 50% GPU usage when this game is at its most intense.

Controller: I highly recommend using a controller that has all of the necessary buttons for modern shooters. Triggers, bumpers, etc.

The Xbox 360 wired controller is about $50 and works perfectly. If you want, you can plug in a PS3 or PS4 controller and use a workaround to get it to think it is a 360 controller. (I have not tried this)

Mouse/Keyboard work okay, and a recent update made movement much smoother. Some players may actually prefer this method.

Some caveats
No built in voice chat - we'd need to use Team Speak or similar.
Occasionally crashes
No match-making (ranked sessions that pair you with similarly skilled players)
No FOV slider (yet) - there was a mod, that no longer works. Hoping it will be updated soon. If you intentionally sit a couple feet from your screen, it is not a huge deal. Playing mouse/kb usually means you sit close, so that will hurt your brain.

Why did you make this thread? Well, because I want to play with people I either know, or get to know, over the course of playing the game, rather than randoms who I do not have any interation with.

So, are you itching to get some first person shooter action going on a great game? Let me know if you are interested below, and we will explore the possibility of doing a game night, and if it goes well, it may continue!

For Forging tips, check out YouTube and www.Forgehub.com

Last edited:
My Gamertag, WindowsLive ID: ExTerrestr1al

To start this off: I'm going to run a lobby tonight, let's say, by 9pm EST

Anyone can join, and if there are complete noobies showing up, please rest assured I will take the time to walk you through the game's mechanics and we can make the room invite only/private if need be.

Generally speaking, as others are getting up to speed on the game, I will take it easy on you ;)

this has been getting more popular by the day, IMO (I don't have any actual numbers) It seems like the player base on PC is slowly growing as people realize they can find good matches and good people to shoot at. I rarely start up a room and have no one join with in a couple min, so tha tis a good sign!

What are you waiting for ? Join in on the fun and mayhem!

I forged this map, if you have this game either on PC(FREE) or on Xbox 1.

Check out and please like and spread this video!

Back