**PC/Internet Problems**

• Thread starter alex_gt
  • 5 comments
I was wondering if anyone could help me out because my PC is being unbelievably crap when it comes to the Internet.

Here's the weird problem :weird:

I'll be surfing the Internet as you would on any PC :computer: But after about every few minutes the Internet Loading stops momentarily. Then about 2 minutes later it'll continue loading :clock:

For example say you were looking at a page on my PC, you may click on a link, instead of beginning to load up it'll just sit there and do bugger all for a minute or so then finally decide to move to the next page :banghead:

This is extremely frustrating :bomb:, it gets to the point were I find myself having enough time to go get a drink and a bite to eat :banana: before the page starts loading :mad:

I contacted my ISP. They said it wasn't a problem at their end and that it could be the phone line (Fair enough as we've had other ISP's and exactly the same happens). So that eliminates that possibility :rolleyes:

So maybe it's the phone line. Called BT up in :uk: they did a fault check on the line, again no problem :answer:

This leaves the Modem :call: and the PC, what could it possibly be? If it helps anyone crack the problem there is only really one additional program :floppy: that operates whist I surf online:

-Zonealarm, though when enabled or disabled the problem remains the same?

Thanks for your Time and Help :cheers:

That's happened to me before.

Try clicking the link again. Or the sites server might be down or something. What I used to do if that happenned was restart the PC. :lol:

Thanks Eddy but unfortunately it is permanent? :banghead:

And Mistax your absolutely right, I need Broadband.... but unfortunately unlike the :USA: our :uk: phone company like to do things real slow and then charge real High Prices :2cents:.

It's a high price I'm willing to pay if they manage to get a cable my way :teleport:

Could it be my modem? :call:

What isp are you using??
I have Telewest`s Blueyonder ISP, its odd the same thing happens to me on the family computer. But the computer in my room uses the same line and connection as the other computer. Although my personal PC doesnt do this. I find changing the modem cable works a treat, I had a really crappy one in my room and the connection would just stop all the time. Also how old is your modem?

Oh so it could be the Extension line running to the Modem? :answer:

It's an external modem so I assume the cable can be changed? :D

Modem is 56k and about mmm I guess around 1-2yrs :clock:

I would love a PC in my room :computer: but as the rest of the family use the Internet aswell I'd realistically need to get a second line :call: to make it worth while. Then of course there's the rental, installation and another ISP Anytime package :2cents:

I envy people who have parents, brothers and sisters that don't use the family PC...and get it all to themselves? Anyone grinning right now? :lol:

Thanks for those suggestions Y2 Tuscan, I'll go looking at wires and connections now...:thumbsup:

Back