PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP = Finished

• Thread starter Mr Grumpy
  • 523 comments
@Mr Grumpy just got a message from our P1 GTR loving friend :)

"Thanks for letting me continue with this thread Mr Grumpy"

IeRa4kO.png

On another note I'm really liking this race 5 combo a bit more now, much better driving on & over the limit without losing to much power to turbo lag, (default loose, no aids) easing off the brakes earlier & keeping about 25% throttle keeps it in a nice window.

You know what, the physics of this game make much more sense without aids, even as a controller user on vehicles that are supposed to have aids, turning them all off just feels right, it's like the aids are an afterthought on top of the physics engine, I've been practicing without aids over the last 6 months slowly getting used to it, but it's made PC2 a new game to which I'm still thoroughly enjoying it more.

I'm also enjoying the 924 a lot more now, running default loose too but then just maxing the final drive to keep the engine nicely buzzing in the turbo-happy-place :)

I agree with you up to a point on no aids - I have the game set to authentic, and I'm not too proud to have a bit of ABS if the real car has it, but other than that (and auto clutch on H-Pattern cars like this one) I prefer everything off. As you say, even on a pad it just feels better.

Last edited:
@Mr Grumpy I'm officially requesting a bye week for Race 5. I do not have the Porsche 924 Carrera GTP, and am pretty far down on the points so won't harm me too much. I accept 0 points if you accept me missing one race.

@Mr Grumpy I'm officially requesting a bye week for Race 5. I do not have the Porsche 924 Carrera GTP, and am pretty far down on the points so won't harm me too much. I accept 0 points if you accept me missing one race.
I'm more than happy to wait & I'm sure everyone else is ok with it aswell, after all this championship is flexible around everyone's life commitments so don't worry about it. Also you should get all dlc, there's some great cars you're missing out on.

@gregc let @Chikane_GTR know it's not a problem at all.

You know what, the physics of this game make much more sense without aids, even as a controller user on vehicles that are supposed to have aids, turning them all off just feels right, it's like the aids are an afterthought on top of the physics engine, I've been practicing without aids over the last 6 months slowly getting used to it, but it's made PC2 a new game to which I'm still thoroughly enjoying it more.
I agree with you up to a point on no aids - I have the game set to authentic, and I'm not too proud to have a bit of ABS if the real car has it, but other than that (and auto clutch on H-Pattern cars like this one) I prefer everything off. As you say, even on a pad it just feels better.
I use only "Low" ABS. My whole life I've driven cars without any traction or stability control present. I had nine years of experience before I even really became acquainted with ABS.

I prefer no ABS because it allows me more control over the car, deliberately locking the wheels when desired, but each game is an individual case. With a wheel in a good sim -- ABS off, no question. With a controller, many games don't offer me enough feedback for the limited travel of an analog trigger, and PCARS2 is one. It might be different on Xbox, I guess. :)

I'm more than happy to wait & I'm sure everyone else is ok with it aswell, after all this championship is flexible around everyone's life commitments so don't worry about it. Also you should get all dlc, there's some great cars you're missing out on.

@gregc let @Chikane_GTR know it's not a problem at all.

Money is wicked tight after coming off a 3 week motorcycle tour so no dlc for me, my apologies to all I'll have to miss race 5. I got a little too carried away in my travels it would seem but damn we had fun!

I use only "Low" ABS. My whole life I've driven cars without any traction or stability control present. I had nine years of experience before I even really became acquainted with ABS.

I prefer no ABS because it allows me more control over the car, deliberately locking the wheels when desired, but each game is an individual case. With a wheel in a good sim -- ABS off, no question. With a controller, many games don't offer me enough feedback for the limited travel of an analog trigger, and PCARS2 is one. It might be different on Xbox, I guess. :)
Yeh we got the rumble triggers so when the wheels start to slip at least we get a little indication.

@gregc I did wonder why, 14 minutes!!! What was he doing, driving in reverse :lol:

@Corsa That is all my fault, I just though that everyone by now have all DLC, but to be honest myself didn't bothered to buy Japanese cars pack.

May be I get 0 points and Corsa would take my points, they're probably not be a first place, but still better than 0.

@Corsa That is all my fault, I just though that everyone by now have all DLC, but to be honest myself didn't bothered to buy Japanese cars pack.

May be I get 0 points and Corsa would take my points, they're probably not be a first place, but still better than 0.

It’s my fault for not studying the car requirements prior to entering the championship.

We’ll be okay!

It’s my fault for not studying the car requirements prior to entering the championship.

We’ll be okay!

@Corsa just read this post from you on page 2
Do not have the Motorsport pack, purchased dlc individually. Looks like the only way to get the Opel on steam is through the season pass. Is there a same class car I can run for Race 2? Do not mind if it's a bit slower.
I thought you had the Le-Mans pack? Just not the motorsports pack.

This is the only PC2 invoice I'm finding in my purchase history. Apparently I've bought no PC2 dlc on PC and must of confused it with the hundreds of individual buys I've made between rF2, AC, RRE, and Automobilista. I had purchased some I believe it has to of been back when I was still on playstation.

Screenshot (3).png

This is the only PC2 invoice I'm finding in my purchase history. Apparently I've bought no PC2 dlc on PC and must of confused it with the hundreds of individual buys I've made between rF2, AC, RRE, and Automobilista. I had purchased some I believe it has to of been back when I was still on playstation.

View attachment 957883
Oh ok, not a problem :)
Damn I need a PC, so many more sims...

Seems I have broke the game, when I load onto track with with the car and go to tunning, game stuck there with infinity loading. Is there any way to restore default or delete set ups outside this menu?

Sorry I've been a bit tardy on this one, finding time has gotten tricky lately. I'm not sure how many we're still waiting for. I have a run but it was only my second attempt... I'd like to try to beat it but 2 decent attempts turned stupid at the end. Tires are still over pressure might be why? Not sure if I'll get a chance late tomorrow night or not or if I'll have to wait for Thursday. I can just post it if you don't want to wait, just say the word.

You've got time @Morgoth_666, I think @Chikane_GTR is the only posted time at the moment.

Oh okay. :)
I thought more people had finished since there has been some talking about it and I've been dragging my feet. I don't look at anybody's time until I've posted my own so I'm never quite sure. The next two weekends might be a bit complicated for racing but no reason I can't get this one done by the end of the week.

Oh okay. :)
I thought more people had finished since there has been some talking about it and I've been dragging my feet. I don't look at anybody's time until I've posted my own so I'm never quite sure. The next two weekends might be a bit complicated for racing but no reason I can't get this one done by the end of the week.

I have a (not posted) time, but I'm not happy with it so I'm not done with this one yet - plus, as always I'd like to get a VR run or two in over the weekend.

I did the thing. Funny how the AI can set faster times than you and yet park in your way so many time per lap. :lol:

I really do find this car quite pleasant and forgiving to drive. Nice for a change to not be on the razor's edge of losing control the whole time, or wringing it's neck to get it to co-operate like the rallycross car.

It did take several adjustments to get enough air out of the front tires to stop them puffing up too much by the end which would cause me to start locking up in the heavy brake zones.

Upshifts were touchy, the revs drop so fast that it's tempting to let the clutch out too early and cause what passes for a mis-shift in PC2... but you can really abuse the thing on the downshifts more than most cars. I know I kept downshifting too early but I almost always got away with it.

It's lovely on the full Ring when you aren't constantly clattering off the rev limiter and can relax a little bit.

I did an initial run earlier last weekend to get the feel for it but haven't had a chance to do anything further. But today might be the day!

Funny how the AI can set faster times than you and yet park in your way so many time per lap.
I've noticed they start slowish, then go fast, then go at a "normal" pace, then go fast again. It's catching them at the right/wrong time that's the problem. :boggled:

I did an initial run earlier last weekend to get the feel for it but haven't had a chance to do anything further. But today might be the day!

I've noticed they start slowish, then go fast, then go at a "normal" pace, then go fast again. It's catching them at the right/wrong time that's the problem. :boggled:
That's the norm for the AI, I've noticed this pattern many times in a lot of categories.

Slow, fast, normal, fast.

Saying that I had an odd 1 the other day, don't know if it's because I restarted the race quickly (through anger :)) but they shot of the line like a greyhound chasing a plastic rabbit, I only made up a couple of positions on the first lap.

but they shot of the line like a greyhound chasing a plastic rabbit,
There have been a few occasions when I've thought they've had more than 2 Weetabix. :)

My usual race strategy. "I'll take these first few laps a little cautiously, keep out of trouble. Now that everyone has spread out a bit let's really push it. But wait, should my tyres be glowing that colour, I'll ease off for a while. Hang on the rest of the field are pulling away from me, better floor it again."

So
Slow, fast, normal, fast.
is quite realistic. :D

That pattern gets even more pronounced in practice and qualifying. After the first 5 minutes or so they just all seem to start watching movies on the in-car entertainment system, dropping several seconds off the pace... then with 6 or 7 minutes to go they suddenly remember they need to set a decent time and give it one last shot. One of several factors that makes figuring out the right difficulty to use virtually impossible. :)

Then there's the whole suddenly becoming the boldest of the bold once you get around them - even if you pull away by a second or two. Diving into every corner at the last moment, taking shots at gaps an inch wide(or just plain off the track), holding on to every last bit of grip and running seconds faster than when on their own. Where's that behavior against each other? Not even at 100%, they just take a peek now and then and give up.

And I'm not sure, maybe everyone has seen the "magic rabbit?" The guy who is 15th in practice, 13th in qualifying, then 5 seconds a lap faster in the race and blows everyone's doors off. KTMs in career mode GT4 were great for that but I've seen it a few places.

Variety is the spice of racing.... or something. This game might have just a bit too much at times. :lol:

Edit, moved:

Sorry, It's because I was doing endurance races with the same car/track combination with changeable weather.

Last edited:
Did you know there's a trick regarding not losing your pit box to the AI when it occupied :)

As long as you have manual pit stops on (pit box can still be highlighted) when you're ready to pit for any reason (tyres, fuel, damage..... you know the stuff that's not in PC3 :)).
Just enter the pits (do not request a pit stop from the ICM) & you'll overlap whoever is in your pit box & they'll start working on your car :)
The game will still tell you that the pit box is occupied, but just stop in your highlighted box anyway.

If you "stack" and wait for them they will never be given permission to leave because you are still coming up behind them. But if you pull in to the pit stall on top of them they will go as soon as you stop(if they're waiting, otherwise when they are ready). A bit awkward, but one of many improvements from how the pits in PC1 worked where there was nothing you could do.

I think we're getting into stuff that belongs in the general thread now... What's my next race to work on that I meant to get to two hours ago? :)

That's me done with this one, results post updated.

This was much more fun than I expected it to be in the end - once I realised the way to get the best out of this thing was to rev the absolute grandmothers out of it, and totally abuse it on downshifts, the turbo lag disappeared and the car came alive. Great fun :)

My race (AI at 110 for this one)

Back