PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP = Finished

• Thread starter Mr Grumpy
  • 523 comments
That's me done with this one, results post updated.

This was much more fun than I expected it to be in the end - once I realised the way to get the best out of this thing was to rev the absolute grandmothers out of it, and totally abuse it on downshifts, the turbo lag disappeared and the car came alive. Great fun :)

My race (AI at 110 for this one)

Had mine at 111 this time. Probably held me up a bit, but probaly helped me a bit too. They were quite fun to fight with tho, while still being a foregone conclusion that I could get past whenever I needed to.

Had mine at 111 this time. Probably held me up a bit, but probaly helped me a bit too. They were quite fun to fight with tho, while still being a foregone conclusion that I could get past whenever I needed to.

Yeah, same here. I didn't go any more fine grained than 10 either side, but 100 &120 were both a bit annoying - 110 was the sweet spot for me.

111 / 33 Seemed to do the trick for me. I tried one race at my more usual 99 / 33 but I was way ahead of them at the finish, but at 111 I used the AI in first position as a pace setter and only, just, passed it on the last lap. I suppose I could have tweaked it a little higher but I'd had enough by then. :)

I'm quite looking forward to the Radical SR3-RS up next. Nice "little" machine. Very light FFB though, I'll have to bump that up I expect.

Hope you give me little more time, currently occupied with Le Mans, have to train today for league opening race and race next day in VGTA. I got a car fairly ready, next week I'll manage.

I started looking ahead... the leaderboard for the Race 6 combo is quite humbling. I drove the car for a while one day, felt very good and fun, got fairly comfortable. Tried the race today and it was spin city. Doesn't help that the computer cars are monsters on the entry to a couple of the corners. I switched to Stable and things got a bit better but I've still got some work to do.

So I decided to finish that race today, quickly get bored with bots, but couldn't resist of wanting more of this car. So spend nice lovely time in a random gr.4 lobby on different tracks, that fortunately happen to exist today. And what do you know, Porsche came up with 9.24.2020 twit lately and really, today is the day! Love to Porsche is somewhere deep inside and universal:). Plus somehow this race goes right on the eve of Nürburgring 24, how everything had perfectly lined up!

Updated the post.

I like this combo a lot (like others too). Sit in the rig and didn’t notice two hours gone :). Sadly I don”t have more time for it and for sinracing in heneral :(.

my time
652911ED-516B-49D3-8F25-31C380EC87EC.jpeg

Sadly I don”t have more time for it and for sinracing in heneral :(.

Tell me about it.
I'm a government employee pushing 60 hour weeks, teenage son in 10 different activities, newly promoted to league manager for our rF2 league, another upcoming motorcycle trip on the books that needs planning there's just no time these days! It's 9pm and just got home ugh

Tell me about it.
I'm a government employee pushing 60 hour weeks, teenage son in 10 different activities, newly promoted to league manager for our rF2 league, another upcoming motorcycle trip on the books that needs planning there's just no time these days! It's 9pm and just got home ugh
Oh dear, I have huge free time compared to you :)

I found some free time today and thought I'd have a little study across the sims replicating Race 6.
All races were setup using the championship rules here, the only difference is AMS 2 does not have the Radical. It does however have it disguised as the MCR S2000, which has 5hp more than the SR3. The results were interesting if nothing else with Project Cars 3 the only one coming in under 10 minutes as you can pretty much "cheat" by keep the throttle pinned 80% round the track.

Raceroom discontinued the SR3, and does not have Brands Hatch GP.
Iracing is terrible and I refuse to pay for it.

Anyway, the meaningless results...

Project Cars 2

Project Cars 2 (3).png

Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa.png

Automobilista

Automobilista.png

Automobilista 2

Automobilista 2.png

rFactor 2

rFactor 2.png

Project Cars 3

Project Cars 3.png

Feel free to crack on with race 6 in your own time (post it up if you want to), I've got everything copied & ready to post regarding race 5 results/championship standings but can't update anything until I hear from @Wolfe

Also can someone let @Chikane_GTR on the other forum know about race 6 please.

Feel free to crack on with race 6 in your own time (post it up if you want to), I've got everything copied & ready to post regarding race 5 results/championship standings but can't update anything until I hear from @Wolfe

Also can someone let @Chikane_GTR on the other forum know about race 6 please.

I'll drop him a PM.

I've been doing my usual thing of having a practice with the next combo in TT. I'm miles off the pace there, so my expectations for the next race are not high... I love driving Brands GP, I just appear to be terrible at it :lol:

Mine is ready, just always forget to copy it on USB.

Quite easy one, dunno, didn't put much time, made it quicker than all races here so far. Easy to go car.

Last edited:
Mine is ready, just always forget to copy it on USB.

Quite easy one, dunno, didn't put much time, made it quicker than all races here so far. Easy to go car.
Why do you need to copy it onto a usb? Just take a screenshot after the race with your phone & upload it to GTPlanet like I do.

Will get mine in this weekend - based on the couple of runs I've had it's a definite love/hate relationship with this car. "I'm going to understeer. Actually, hang on a sec, nope, oversteer. Changed my mind again, back to understeer...". That's how this one has gone for me so far.

When it's good it's bloody briliiant to drive, but when it's not - well, hello Armco.

Last edited:
The Radical doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. To be fair, neither does the similar SR8 or the Caterham SP/300. They're all fun until they just refuse to turn... or until they just spin. I've managed to improve a bit but it's still a bit of a puzzle. 🤬 the bots on this combo though.

I may take another crack at it or I may not. Either way I'll post my time in a day or two.

Last edited:
You gotta believe that it'll stick, it's got a lot downforce & grip when on throttle, it's just the curbs & bumps that throw it off.

Default stable, turn all aids off, point & shoot.

Sorry @Mr Grumpy I've been a bit slack on this one. I do have a time from my very 1st run around a week ago. I was going to have a few more tries because it probably could be improved upon but I've had life stuff going on this week which has prevented it. I'll see how the weekend goes, If not I'll post that time up.

Back