PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP = Finished

• Thread starter Mr Grumpy
  • 523 comments
Take that, @104Bots!
I totally squeezed the guy that pulled alongside me exiting Clark on lap 2. Not interested in playing that "Imma kill you in Paddock Hill" game with them if I can avoid it. When I spun 2nd later in Druids it was a case of him deciding last second to look at an impossible move on 1st who he was well behind -- couple that with how slow they are on entry there and I just couldn't quite miss him. I might have tried harder to keep him straight in a normal race but this is PCCP, I've got places to be. I'm still not sure after the replay if there was any contact or not when I started going around my teammate in the last corner but it doesn't seem to have affected much, he got back by anyway because I wasn't gonna play the Paddock Hill game with him and I retook him at Druids.

Honestly about the most fun race of the way too many attempts I took at this. The car is still a bit too unpredictable to me... I want to like it but I still just never know what the back end is going to do which makes it hard to push like this. Probably a setup thing and maybe the bumps. If I back off a bit it is a lot more enjoyable to drive.

I got very hacked off with the AI on this one, ended up just turning them down to get them and their divebombs out of the way....

Results post updated.

In clear air I really enjoy this car, but it's horrible when you get close to another one - I guess this is why I'm not a fan of aero-based cars. Give me something slower but predictable :lol:

I still haven't had a chance to have another go at it so to save everyone waiting for me I might as well post up my first test race from a week or so back - HERE. I'm afraid it's not very good, I even finished in last place. :P

I quite like the Radical so I might have another go sometime just to see how much I could have improved on it.

I still haven't had a chance to have another go at it so to save everyone waiting for me I might as well post up my first test race from a week or so back - HERE. I'm afraid it's not very good, I even finished in last place. :P

I quite like the Radical so I might have another go sometime just to see how much I could have improved on it.
Jesus @IfAndOr what setting did you have the AI on for them to get 10:04s total time? That's 9 seconds quicker than my time, practically 1.2 seconds a lap faster. I was running 100/100 & defending my ass off once I got into 1st on the 4th lap.

Last edited:
Jesus @IfAndOr what setting did you have the AI on for them to get 10:04s total time?
It was on 175/150 using the elite AI patch. :D

Actually I can't remember since it was a little while back. Since it was my 1st AI trial/test race it was probably on 111/33 which is my go to figure now for PCCP. Lower aggression = faster AI. For further runs I think I would have dropped it down. Although they didn't get in my way - I didn't see much of them!

I've sent Chikane a message
His he on a permanent ban then? :guilty:
We were hoping it was more a slapped wrist come back in a little while type of absence.

What is the reason? Too much love for P1? He posted nudes of this car in illegal age? Scientists proved that P1 made from LSD? P1 in all other languages insults authority and posses racial intolerance? P1 blows minds now considered as terrorism?

So back to the new challenge... Just had a go in time trial, to get a feel for the car and especially the track. For the next few minutes at least, I have a WR :lol:

This isn't a great lap by any measure but at least it's an idea of where the track goes :) Also a chance to try out my shiny new Quest 2 headset.

Last edited:
So back to the new challenge... Just had a go in time trial, to get a feel for the car and especially the track. For the next few minutes at least, I have a WR :lol:

This isn't a great lap by any measure but at least it's an idea of where the track goes :) Also a chance to try out my shiny new Quest 2 headset.

That's right, I had forgotten that there were barely any times on this combo. I suppose I was shooting for something out of deep left field. The big question is how will the bots go lol. I probably won't get a chance at it until Thursday.

Uploaded. I didn't mean to be the last one up again, but I was NOT looking forward to driving the Radical, and it did not defy my expectation. :banghead:

I am so out of my element when a car is out of its depth in oversteer.

That's right, I had forgotten that there were barely any times on this combo. I suppose I was shooting for something out of deep left field. The big question is how will the bots go lol. I probably won't get a chance at it until Thursday.

It's certainly a change from the Radical - the first TT lap I ran ended in the wall at turn 1. Braking distances are a tiny bit longer in this big ol' wagon :lol:

A time from @Chikane_GTR already - and he says he normally reads here daily, so I guess no need to let him know when the next rounds are starting.

ibNkfmA.png

Race results & championship standings have been updated on page 1.

Congratulations to me again however @Morgoth_666 was a very close 2nd so congratulations to him as well.

We also have some bad news...
Unfortunately @Corsa can no longer participate due to management promotions related to rFactor 2 leagues :( We are sad to lose another racer but wish him all the best :)

Anyways crack on with race 7...

Must admit I had a quick go & I can see myself losing a few points here, don't like this combo but I'll give it my best.

Last edited:
Race results & championship standings have been updated.
Oh, that's surprised me! I was sort of mid-pack in the Radical with my quick blast. I suppose that comes from being used to it. I could have been a contender. :D

Very close to @Bloodytears! If I'd have only pressed that throttle just a little harder on the last lap. :P

don't like this combo but I'll give it my best.
I certainly know the track, I use it a lot in my races, but I don't think I've tried the Mustang at all. So it could be interesting.

Shame to loose @Corsa but I now know first hand that running a series takes up time. Yes, all the best to you.

(Chikane) he says he normally reads here daily,
Now about that P1... :)

Apparently there's a Dartboard with your face on it over on the official forum
That's OK, if he's using McLaren designed darts he'll never hit it. ;)

I'm also heard Monza sucks,
Oh yeah now don't start me on classic Monza, worst track ever. And the P1 around there!!! :crazy:

Anyway I like my GTRs with a more oriental flavour. :sly:

We'd better stop now or he'll be making another account and getting himself banned for even longer. Stay cool Chikane, you know we're only jesting. 👍

That's OK, if he's using McLaren designed darts he'll never hit it. ;)

Oh yeah now don't start me on classic Monza, worst track ever. And the P1 around there!!! :crazy:

Anyway I like my GTRs with a more oriental flavour. :sly:

We'd better stop now or he'll be making another account and getting himself banned for even longer. Stay cool Chikane, you know we're only jesting. 👍

A little bird tells me that there might be a message for you hidden away here...

Good news everyone!!
Despite being a road car, the Mustang GT has 3 options for the Final drive ratio. I'm not sure if it makes you any faster, but you don't have to drive half the track in third gear! :D

Did a bit of late-night practice and a first race benchmark at 100%. AI were smoking me for a few laps until I finally got my tires up to temp and pressure, then I ended up 2 seconds faster than them in the practice. They were a second or so faster in race form, I was still steadily a bit quicker but they are VERY tough to pass here and quite good through 180R. Looks like they could be fun to fight but you'll either want to blow past them on lap 1 or make them as fast as you to get good times because it takes some craft to squeeze by.

Also... team :gtpflag: FTW :lol:
AatYpRM.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... I see @gregc beat my TT time today. ;)

And I see you returned the favour, by a fairly significant margin :)

Note to self - this isn't a TT competition :lol:

Ran the race for the first time tonight, it's a lot of fun for me at 100% although probably not that quick - as @Morgoth_666 mentioned overtaking is tricky around here. More than anything else though, wrangling this big old bus around brought back some bad memories from the GT days....

98e.jpg

And I see you returned the favour, by a fairly significant margin :)

Note to self - this isn't a TT competition :lol:

Ran the race for the first time tonight, it's a lot of fun for me at 100% although probably not that quick - as @Morgoth_666 mentioned overtaking is tricky around here. More than anything else though, wrangling this big old bus around brought back some bad memories from the GT days....

98e.jpg
Yeah it's a bit like racing a dump truck around Barber but I'm having fun with it. I've run a few more runs at the race now and I keep speeding the bots up and then finding more speed, but usually small bits at a time -- just keep finding ways to keep it balanced a bit better here and there. I knew I had improved so I wanted to try another TT lap. The one I hit was a good bit better than I expected though! I only beat that once with a good tow in the race and not by much.

Too bad nobody else can post to the PC leaderboard.

Last edited:
Big breakthroughs on my top secret project this week! :D I just wanted to assure you guys that I'm not ghosting the championship. I have a screenshot of a decent run in the Mustang already; I'm going to hang on to it for now because I think I could do better.

"Loose" is a bit too much of a handful with the DS4, but "Stable" works surprisingly well for a category that is generally more compromised. The circuit threw me a little off at first, because I always drive Sakitto International. :lol: I love the dynamics of the elevation change on the back side and the sequence of corners near the end of the lap.

I have raced on it yesterday in red pig, wasn't very familiar with both, but found myself at home in minutes. Hope Mustang doesn't disappoint me.

Last edited:
I'm done, updated on page 1.
10:28.169
Controller
Default stable
All aids off
AI 100/100

Probably could've gone a bit faster, even had to slow down for track limits at one point.

I just found this car a little boring, looks better in the replay than actually driving it. There's slower car's in the game that give me more excitement.

Last edited:
Back