PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP = Finished

• Thread starter Mr Grumpy
  • 523 comments
Nonetheless, I still have no idea how you did that time - I'm only a couple of tenths off you in TT (darn you taking back the record :lol:) but I couldn't get anywhere near that pace in the race. Like @Mr Grumpy said - smashed it!

It was a combination of a slightly lucky first lap and having the AI fast enough that I wasn't running them over in the middle sector. Then I ran a clean enough race to hit a couple of :15s and no :17s. I probably tried a few too many times, but every time I thought I hit the limit I would see a way to go faster in another corner, and every good race seemed to have one or two really bad laps. So I kept wanting more. :)

I think I have the replay saved but it's not exactly very interesting after the first 2 corners of slicing through the pack.

It's all gone a bit quite. So instead of being last I'll be first. Well first at posting up my Ruapuna Park race results anyway. The next race in the series I'm running just happens to be at Ruapuna so since I was over in New Zealand I thought I might as well have a go in the 240Z.
Tbh I've been enjoying the car everywhere but Ruapuna Park, Nordschleife at night with no headlights with only the taillights of the car in front to follow to name a few things :lol: I'll get on it asap boss 👍

Ah, yeah. Spent some time with the combo in TT while we were waiting on the last few results for Sakitto, then did nothing. You'd think with being back in lockdown here I'd have had a run by now...

Will take a shot at it over the weekend...

AI are crap here, just had a quick blast & my best lap was a second quicker at 120/100.

Car is fun though, it's another smoother is quicker scenario, problem is I just love locking up & sliding into the corner then giving it the beans out again, should make a good replay video though :)

@IfAndOr I'm not that much quicker tbh, definitely room for improvement if I can manage 7 boring laps instead of having fun with it.

Last edited:
Man, I've got nothing here at the start. Got better as I went but still 2 seconds off the bots in my practice session, they donate the lead to me right off the line and I can hold them off to win but only because they're stuck behind me. I swear I remember taking some of these corners better but maybe in different cars. Apparently I haven't driven any but the club track(including racing these cars in an Invitational) since retiring PC1, or at least haven't recorded anything else. Got some work to do.

Is ot ok that default season is winter?

A bit unusual, but the tires seem to handle it fine. They take a couple extra laps to get fully up to temperature in practice, but stay warm and have no problem in the race for me. If you do a TT run it's actually in 50-degree winter weather too.

After another spot of practice(and switching to Loose suspension settings) I seem to have settled in. Have what feels like a pretty good run but not perfect yet. :)

Last edited:
A bit unusual, but the tires seem to handle it fine. They take a couple extra laps to get fully up to temperature in practice, but stay warm and have no problem in the race for me. If you do a TT run it's actually in 50-degree winter weather too.

After another spot of practice(and switching to Loose suspension settings) I seem to have settled in. Have what feels like a pretty good run but not perfect yet. :)

Yeah, I simply forgot that winter and snow are separate options, that's why started to worry.

So far the best car in this championship, that I never driven, but felt comfort right from the start. First setting that took one try to complete.
Now got to not forget to copy results today.

I guess I can accept this.
I hope I didn't break the one-make rule since I used a Datsun. :mischievous:
It's too bad this car is hopeless in its class so you can really only use it for races like this. It's quite fun once I found the balance and rhythym I needed. This track also rewards fairly precise driving, although you can use a couple of different lines in a few corners as long as you keep it within reason.

Not sure about driving the 240 at the Ring with no headlights on purpose though... I've done enough of that unintentionally as it is! It's fine as long as there's a car in front of or behind you.

A time from Chikane:

yoIilUa.png

and a message

Happy thanksgiving to everyone and happy holidays.

For myself, I didn't manage a run I was happy with yet...

Results post updated - this one was lots of fun :). The Caterham at Willow is still my favourite so far, but this is a close second. I'd have been quicker using the loose setup I think, but couldn't get a consistent race run with it so stuck with stable. Really nice combo this (but take the Datsun out on Bathurst for giggles, too!).

Interesting, I was the opposite. I just couldn't run more than 2-3 laps on stable without the car just plain refusing to turn in somewhere and losing a ton. Even on loose I had to turn the brakes down a bit to stop getting stranded in the first corner now and then because of the bumps. But I suppose it did try to turn around on me a few times too, I was just generally able to hold on and recover. Not enough to beat Mr Grumpy though... my hopes of a miraculous championship comeback are probably dashed.

I used to always swear by stable setups but it seems like anymore I prefer the loose settings 3/4 of the time. Not sure what's changed.

Interesting, I was the opposite. I just couldn't run more than 2-3 laps on stable without the car just plain refusing to turn in somewhere and losing a ton. Even on loose I had to turn the brakes down a bit to stop getting stranded in the first corner now and then because of the bumps. But I suppose it did try to turn around on me a few times too, I was just generally able to hold on and recover. Not enough to beat Mr Grumpy though... my hopes of a miraculous championship comeback are probably dashed.

I used to always swear by stable setups but it seems like anymore I prefer the loose settings 3/4 of the time. Not sure what's changed.

That is interesting, as I normally prefer loose but the last couple of races I've been better off with stable! Mind you, on this one you're a second or so a lap ahead of me overall so we're probably dealing with different issues. For me, on the pad, I couldn't get through the turn 1 braking zone for more than 2 laps without spinning on loose. If I got through I was quicker, but it really was on a knife edge.

I suppose it depends on the car. A loose car on loose will be loose, er...

I generally tend to use stable when racing and loose when not. Seems to make sense that you want a more planted car when close to others and slightly more wayward version when having fun hot lapping. Mr G's championship confuses me because I'm doing both at the same time. :P

This isn't my best run (me getting to the front by turn 3 then staying there doesn't make for much of a replay...), but a few mistakes made this one a race that kept me on my toes...

The yellow car is me :)

You can really appreciate the suspension & tyre flex model with this car in the replay.

Such a shame SMS didn't keep at it & support it in the long term like Reiza are doing with AMS2.

So close :(

Last edited:
At the starts on Ruapuna the AI do seem to pause to take in the distant scenery. "Ooh look, there's snow on the mountains".

:lol: The AI here are really slow - that race was with them at 120, and it wasn't exactly a tough one even though I was making mistakes on a fairly regular basis.

The yellow car is me :)

You can really appreciate the suspension & tyre flex model with this car in the replay.

Such a shame SMS didn't keep at it & support it in the long term like Reiza are doing with AMS2.

So close :(

You can't be in the yellow car, it's behind me :lol:

Yeah, for some reason this particular replay really highlights the suspension and tyre movement - when I watched it back after the race I was "woah, cool!" several times. AMS2 is really starting to show just how strong the Madness engine can be (though the pad handling seems to have taken a few steps backwards with the latest update, at least on the GT4 cars :().

:lol: The AI here are really slow - that race was with them at 120, and it wasn't exactly a tough one even though I was making mistakes on a fairly regular basis.

You can't be in the yellow car, it's behind me :lol:

Yeah, for some reason this particular replay really highlights the suspension and tyre movement - when I watched it back after the race I was "woah, cool!" several times. AMS2 is really starting to show just how strong the Madness engine can be (though the pad handling seems to have taken a few steps backwards with the latest update, at least on the GT4 cars :().
Blue flags :lol:

Back