• Thread starter amar212
  • 25 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
Tokyo, 10th January 2006.

Polyphony Digital has announced that GT Mobile for PSP is scheduled for Japanese release during spring 2006.

Tisi is the first news of GTM in last 8 months and we can expect more informations in weeks to come.

This is good news. Hope it doesn't take too long to get released in Europe...

I bet GTM will have nearly all the same cars as GT5, and same modes of course.

Hooray! Finally a real reason for me to buy a PSP :)

TVR&Ferrari_Fan

Erm, yes, i er, expect so...

Nope, not all cars, just skylines and civics...and only 1 race...the one you hate the most will be programmed in as soon as you start up the game.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
WTH?

GT5 will have at least 500 cars (uneducated guess), so I honestly doubt that. GTM will be like any other port. A bit worse graphics, less tracks, way less cars, and limited features. GT5 will be on a 52GB Blu-ray disc, GTM will be on a 1.8 GB UMD.

WTH?

GT5 will have at least 500 cars (uneducated guess), so I honestly doubt that. GTM will be like any other port. A bit worse graphics, less tracks, way less cars, and limited features. GT5 will be on a 52GB Blu-ray disc, GTM will be on a 1.8 GB UMD.

Ahh yes, but UMDs are just MAGIC!

:P

WTH?

I don't necessarily agree with that... I think there will be an online mode in GTM.... so that will be an extra feature..... Makes it worth while for me...

It'll ease the wait until 2007.

Man, this is just the thread that wouldn't die. I love how people quote Wal-Mart, Amazon, EB Games, etc. as if each of those places had a secret link with Sony that no one else had.

Hey, and maybe Sony will try a brand new marketing strategy by saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about a huge system-selling title until just a month before it's realeased. Genius!

FIrst of all, I have huge respect for Amar, because he's given us some real gems about GT4 before it arrived. So, no offense to him :)

Allow me to lay out the GT4:mobile (as the PSP version has been nicknamed but not officially named) timeline for everyone here:

May 12, 2004: Sony shows not-yet-finalized versions of the PSP hardware, box art for GT4 Mobile, and a GT4 replay running on a PSP, which IGN said "we can confirm that both the PSP and the Nintendo DS were at least partially fed by cables inside the kiosk walls leading to stowed-away dev kit servers." In other words it was a recorded video being fed to a PSP and NOT an actual build of GT4 for the PSP.​

August 6, 2004: Kazunori Yamauchi is quoted as saying "There are still some things that can't be spoken about." He continues (perhaps without a smile), "Currently, we're at a test point where we're seeing what we can do with the PSP, and what is best added or removed to achieve GT4 on the PSP. Because of this, I cannot yet speak concretely."​

September 2004: GT4 Mobile is a no-show at the Tokyo Game Show​

October 27, 2004: SCE updates release: "GT4 Mobile is scheduled to hit Japan in Spring of 2005."​

May 2005: GT4 Mobile is a no-show at E3

September 2005: GT4 Mobile is a no-show at the Tokyo Game Show​

Ocotber 24, 2005: SCE updates realease on the Japanese website to "TBA 2006"​

And that's it! There is NO reference at all to Gran Turismo for the PSP anywhere on Sony's U.S. sites. They haven't even shown the box art since May 2004. If GT for the PSP is a no-show at E3 this year (in just 2 months), you can guarantee you won't see it in 2006.

Well, its already spring....I'ms till waiting for the existance of the game not just a notion of it. I think Toca Race Driver 2006 will be better, it's basically Toca 3 for the PSP, it'll have 21 cars on the track at the same time!! And don't forget about Toca's intelligent AI compared to the GT series robotic like AI.

TRD 2006 is very much NOT just TRD3. It is a special version of the psp version allready out in Europe since the end of 2005. It will have some more tracks and cars focussed on the US market. Luck them!

Nevertheless, I think the psp games from Codemasters are very good. Also CMR05 plus. Great rally game.

Eugh. This game was the whole reason I bought a PSP in the first place.....

Looks like TOCA 2006 for me as well. I'll be playing some of you on Infastructure mode :D

Latest Posts

Back