PD Cup- The Write Up

• Thread starter RVDNuT374
  • 19 comments
United States
Manning, SC
Here i am once again to provide flag to flag coverage of the Polyphony Digital Cup sponsored by Sony.:D After reading several other threads about this cup, it seems like my biggest comp will be the 350Z *if he decides to show up.:P * So i've decided to bring my black R33 Skyline GT-R V-spec along for the ride and see how it does.;) With Mustang-man saying it provides good competition, i'll trust him.:P I just hope that the AI doesn't get the usual series boost or i'll get 0wned towards the end because you can't add HP on to your car. The R33 currently sits at 325 HP on T3 tires.

Trial Mountain Reverse- 20 laps

Starting Lineup after 2 laps

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 1:37.114
2. Nissan 350Z- 1:37.171
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R
4. Lancer Evolution VI RS
5. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)
6. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.

This looks to be a good race w/ the Skyline edging the Concept by 0.057 in qualifying.;) Expect another great race bought to you by RVD TV & Polyphony Digital.:D Let's go racing!:

Race Report

The R33 Skyline driven by RVD jumps out to a 1 sec advantage on the start due to the AI fighting for position. It's a door to door battle between the 350Z and the Skyline coming into the rock section of the track. At the end of lap 1, the 350Z has pulled out to a 2 sec advantage over the Skyline. RVD just said this to crew chief George Bush, "The car's handling great." This is a bad sign for the AI drivers.:P As the 350Z pulls away from the rest of the pack, there's still a battle going on for 4th spot. RVD just turned on the Skyline's radio. As we all know, he drives faster w/ it on.;)
The 350Z's crew is saying that their car should be pitting this time by for new rubber. The Skyline should also be in the pits within 3-4 laps. As scheduled, the 350Z pits for 4 fresh tires at the end of lap 6, handing the lead over to RVD's Skyline. The Mustang also pits at the end of lap 6 for its new tires. Also the AI R33 pits for new rubber. RVD should be pitting this time by for his new tires. The 350Z has knocked 2 sec off the Skyline's lead since he came out of the pits. As scheduled, RVD pits for fresh tires, handing the lead back to the 350Z. While the R33's tires are warming up, the 350Z pulls away a little bit. At the halfway point, the 350Z's lead is 9.170 sec. The Skyline is knocking down the interval as the 350Z prepares for another pitstop at the end of lap 12. As scheduled, the 350Z and Mustang pit for tires again. Lap 13's completion brings the AI R33 down pit road for tires. The 350Z is knocking down the interval once again due to having new tires.;) The Skyline's lead at the end of lap 15 is 8.860 sec. He should be in for his final pitstop this time by. Another radio transmission has been heard from the R33's crew, "You're hauling ass, keep it up!:lol:" RVD pits his Skyline as scheduled by the crew. This has allowed the 350Z to open up a 9.335 sec lead at sector 1. The lead at sector 2 in lap 18 is 9.999 sec. The 350Z has 1 more pitstop scheduled, so i should win.;) As expected, he pits on lap 18, giving the lead back to RVD in his R33.:D Now all he has to do is drive smooth for the next 2 laps.;) White flag, one more lap to go for RVD and his team! The 350Z has closed in slightly, but won't catch RVD unless his car explodes.

Pit Stops

(me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 8, 16
Nissan 350Z- 6, 12, 18
Mustang SVT Cobra R- 6, 12, 18
Lancer Evolution VI RS- 4, 8, 12, 17
(AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 6, 13
Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 5, 10, 15

Race Results

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 33:35.531
2. Nissan 350Z- 33:45.173 (+ 9.642 sec)
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 34:20.677 (+ 45.146 sec)
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 34:29.150 (+ 53.619 sec)
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 34:59.965 (+ 1:24.434)
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 35:00.114 (+ 1:24.583)

Fastest Lap- 1:37.114

wd :)
nice to see ppl using slower cars for this race..

as no mods are able to be used, i dont think the AI can get any "boost".

Originally posted by ving
as no mods are able to be used, i dont think the AI can get any "boost".

The AI use that handicap algorithm to boost themselves when too far behind. As for the series boost, it might still happen, but let's hope not for my sake.:P

It won't really happen, with one exception - R11 Reverse. The 350Z will demolish everybody there, including the other AI. But the rest of the races should be cake.

If I may suggest, start pitting on a 7-lap interval rather than 8. That gives you more laps with optimal tires, and doesn't waste so much of the last set. I used T3s and pitted on 7 and 14.

Midfield Raceway Reverse- 15 laps

After an exciting season opener, let's see how the field does at Midfield II. Here's how they'll lineup for today's race:

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 1:23.302
2. Nissan 350Z
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)
5. Lancer Evolution VI RS

After grabbing the pole by about 2 sec, it seems like RVD's Skyline is running strong.:D Once again expect another good race bought to you by RVD TV and Polyphony Digital.;) Let's go racing!

Race Report

On the inital start, the 350Z loses a spot to the Mustang coming into turn 1. Then 2 turns later and the 350Z is back in 2nd spot. Coming into turn 6, 3 of the AI drivers run into the gravel trap and spin out. *stupid AI:lol: :P* Then the corner after, RVD runs his Skyline wide into the gravel trap dropping him to 3rd spot. Coming into turn 2, the 350Z decides to use me to help him turn. It's now a very tight 3 car race for the lead. Now the AI R33 spins out in the gravel trap outside turn 6.:lol: RVD is opening up a slight advantage over the 350Z at the start of lap 3. Apparently RVD likes the feel of his Skyline as the lead continues to grow.;) The Skyline has stretched the lead out to 3.918 sec at sector 2 on lap 5. Some of the AI in the back of the pack should be pitting this time by. As expected, the 2 Lancers pit for new rubber. The lead has continued to grow between RVD and the 350Z. RVD's crew has picked up a radio transmission from the 350Z saying to their driver to pit this time by for fresh tires. And he does, further extending RVD's lead over 2nd place. That lead has grown to 23 sec after 7 laps. Here come the Mustang SVT Cobra R and AI R33 down pit road for new tires. The Skyline is very easy on tires as RVD still hasn't pitted yet. After 10 laps, RVD finally pits for new tires. Due to the pitstop, the lead has shrunken from 26 sec down to 7 sec. On the completion of lap 12, the 350Z pits for new tires, opening up the lead to about 30 sec. Then 2 laps later, the Mustang and Skyline pit for new tires. As the 2 Lancers come out of the pits, i put them 1 lap down. The lead has now grown to
30.614 sec after 17 laps. The 350Z has 1 more pitstop scheduled, so that margin should increase even more. As expected at the end of lap 18, he pits. White flag is in the air, 1 more lap to go for RVD and his Skyline!:D

Pit Stops

(me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 10
Nissan 350Z- 6, 12, 18
Mustang SVT Cobra R- 7, 14
(AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 7, 14
Lancer Evolution VI RS- 5, 10, 15

Race Results

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 28:36.979
2. Nissan 350Z- 29:28.161 (+ 51.182 sec)
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 29:51.822 (+ 1:14.843)
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 29:56.484 (+ 1:19.505)
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 28:50.565 (+ 1 lap)
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 28:52.226 (+ 1 lap)

Fastest Lap- 1:23.302

Rome Circuit II- 20 laps

Let's hope that the AI don't suck as much as they did last race.;) Anyway, the Skyline is up to 330 HP after Midfield. Here's how they'll line up for the race:

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 1:38.237
2. Nissan 350Z
3. Lancer Evolution VI RS
4. Mustang SVT Cobra R
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.
6. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)

After beating the 350Z by close to 2 sec, it appears that the AI can't drive a car.:lol: The Evolution VI RS surprised everyone by qualifying 3rd. Here's another race bought to you by RVD TV and Polyphony Digital.:D Let's go racing!

Race Report

The field gets off to a clean start w/ RVD jumping out to a slight lead coming through the first sector. Just as the field comes off the backstretch, the 350Z muscles by RVD's Skyline to take the lead. One corner later, the 350Z and every other AI smash the wall.:P This hands the lead back to the R33. The lead over the 350Z has grown to 2.159 sec at sector 1. Now the lead has grown to 4.519 sec at the end of lap 2. *wonders if AI took their retarded pills today:lol: ;)* Coming into turn 5, RVD runs wide and slams the outside wall. The car seems to be alright. Once again the Evo VI RS leads the AI as he is the first to pit on lap 5. The 350Z's crew is calling their driver in this time by for new tires as well. On lap 7 he finally pits for tires. 1 lap later RVD brings his Skyline down pit road for fresh tires. Then on the same lap the AI Skyline pits for new tires. I can only imagine how much more boring this race will get.:rolleyes: I should be in for new tires at the completion of lap 16.;) As scheduled, RVD pits his Skyline on lap 16 for the final time. White flag has come out, one more lap to go!;) On the 10th turn, RVD laps the T.M.E. Lancer.

Pit Stops

(me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 8, 16
Nissan 350Z- 7, 14
Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 6, 12, 18
(AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 8, 16

Race Results

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 33:43.937
2. Nissan 350Z- 34:15.726 (+ 31.789 sec)
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 35:04.178 (+ 1:20.241)
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 35:09.940 (+ 1:26.003)
5. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 35:13.227 (+ 1:29.290)
6. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 33:45.305 (+ 1 lap)

Fastest Lap- 1:38.067

SSR5 II- 20 laps

This was supposed to be posted last night, but i accidently deleted the whole thing.:banghead: I got so pissed off that i just decided to rerun the race instead of providing incomplete coverage of the PD cup.;) Due to bad oil, my R33 sits at 317 HP, whcih means the oil light should be on soon. Enough of my complaining, let's see how they'll line up for the race:

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 1:33.199
2. Nissan 350Z
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R

After a very smooth qualifying run, RVD is very happy with his Skyline. This race is once again bought to you by RVD TV and Polyphony Digital.:D Let's go racing!

Race Report

Lap 1: On the start, RVD jumps out to a slight lead over everyone. The Mustang and Skyline hook up in an attempt to pass the 350Z. Coming through the first chicane, the car jumps sideways but stays off the wall. Then as we travel through the uphill esses, i slam the end of a barrier but retain the lead. The Mustang is still holding on to 2nd spot. But in the tunnel turn the 350Z muscles by to reclaim 2nd.

Lap 2: The lead over the 350Z @ sector 1 is 2.549 sec. Coming off turn 5, the car runs wide and hits a barrier again.:P Now the car is running very smoothly for RVD and the Nissan crew. The field is spread out enough so that there's no demo derby style driving. I'm running faster than last night because of me being awake.;) The lead has grown to 4.890 sec.

Lap 3: RVD said this to George Bush, "This car is handling perfectly.:cool:" More bad news for the AI drivers.:lol: The race is now a matter of turning in consistent lap times and staying off the wall. My tires are still in good shape and I shouldn't have to pit for another 5 laps.;)

Lap 4: RVD just turned in a very good 1st sector time @ 29.488 sec. Most of the other drivers are running high 29's to low 30's. Now the lead has grown to 8.898 sec @ the 1st sector. That Skyline is running strong.:D Apparently the AI are struggling to keep up at this point in the race.

Lap 5: The crowd in the Toyota chicane just went wild as their driver went speeding through.:D Now the lead has grown to 11.498 sec as the 350Z crosses sector 1. The rest of the lap went w/out incident for RVD or any of the AI drivers. The 2 Lancers decide to pit for new tires.

Lap 6: 14.215 sec into the lap, my oil light popped on coming into turn 1. Now that my power is declining, this series should start getting more competitive. *if the AI can actually speed up:P* Now the 350Z has fallen back 14.954 sec. I should be in for tires within the next 2 laps.

Lap 7: The car has picked up a push due to worn front tires. That lead countinues to increase as the 350Z is now 18.630 sec in back of me. Radio traffic picked up by the Nissan crew is saying that the 350Z and Mustang should be pitting this time by. I'm also pitting because my tires are worn out. As expected, the 350Z, Mustang, and Skyline pit. Also the AI R33 pits for tires.

Lap 8: Now that i'm back on the track w/ 4 fresh tires, let's see what laptimes i can pull off. The 2 Lancers pass the AI R33 as he comes off of pit road. This puts him in 6th spot. Another uneventful lap passes by as i'm over 23 sec in the lead at this point.

Lap 9: It's time to turn the Skyline's radio on to avoid insanity.:lol: ;) Now that the tires are warmed up, the car should be stronger than ever. The lead just keeps growing bigger and bigger as this race unfolds.

Lap 10: The lead has grown to 28.621 sec as the 350Z crosses sector 1. What an exciting race this has become.:rolleyes: The 2 Lancers should be in the pits again for tires.

Lap 11: The lead has now grown to 31.115 sec. This is now a race of brains and machinery rather than racing on the edge.;) I've now settled into the car and track. Coming off turn 11, i do a rally style powerslide to keep me awake.:lol:

Lap 12: As the 350Z crosses sector 1, he's 34.428 sec in back of me. There's no way in hell he's going to catch me unless my car suddenly explodes.

Lap 13: I'm only a few seconds from lapping the 2 Lancers. Now i've caught the T.M.E. Lancer to put him 1 lap down. After a brief battle, he goes 1 lap down to me. The lead has grown to a heart-stopping 39.188 sec. The 350Z pits 1 lap earlier than expected.

Lap 14: I'm about to lap the 5th place Evo RS. After a brief battle, I lap him coming into turn 6. My tires are starting to wear so i should be in the pits soon for fresh tires. As expected, i pit the Skyline at the end of lap 14 for new tires. So do the Mustang and AI R33.

Lap 15: Coming into turn 5, i hit the outside wall due to cold tires; the car's still running normally. The 2 Lancers are back on the lead lap, but they still have 1 more pitstop to make. Coming into turn 11 i brake too late and do a powerslide which results in a spin.:lol:

Lap 16: Colin Powell reports to his driver that the car looks fine. The lead has grown to almost 39 sec. As the 2 Lancers pit, i lap them once again.

Lap 17: I'm only a few seconds from lapping the AI R33 Skyline. As we enter turn 11, i finally lap the AI R33 Skyline. The lead has grown to 42.413 sec. This is an utterly pathetic showing for the AI.

Lap 18: Now that lead has grown to 43.971 sec. This maybe the single most boring race in GT3 history.:P It's confirmed that RVD is starting to lose his insanity as reported by George Bush and the Nissan crew.:lol: :P

Lap 19: Nothing interesting is happening at this point.:rolleyes: The lead has grown to 45.408 sec over the 350Z as he crosses sector 1. In a shocking turn of events, the 350Z pits on lap 19. *dumbass:P*

Lap 20: White flag is out, one more lap to go for RVD and his crew!:D The interval is now 46.084 sec. With the Mustang coming into my sights, he may be the next car to go one lap down. Coming into the final tunnel turn, he runs wide and goes one lap down to my car. AS RVD crosses the line, he wins his 4th straight race of the season!:D

Pit Stops

(me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 7, 14
Nissan 350Z- 7, 13, 19

Race Results

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 32:29.725
2. Nissan 350Z- 33:40.789 (+ 1:11.064)
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 32:29.891 (+ 1 lap)
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 32:46.947 (+ 1 lap)
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 33:04.669 (+ 1 lap)
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 33:06.604 (+ 1 lap)

Fastest Lap- 1:33.109

All, right, that tears it. I have to go back and re-run that race when I'm awake. Nobody, me or the AI could touch the 350Z in that race. Admittedly, I started from 6th rather than the pole, but still...

Seattle Circuit II- 20 laps

Here we are at Der Alta's favorite track. *j/k;) * Anyway, the AI sucked a lot of ass last race. Let's hope for some actual competition this race.;) Here's how they'll line up for the start:

1. Nissan 350Z- 1:46.675
2. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 1:46.816
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R
4. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.
6. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)

With the 350Z edging me in qualifying by 0.141 sec, this should be a very competitive race. *finally:P* Let's go racing!

Race Report

Lap 1: The race gets off to a bumper car start as i blow the first chicane and cause a pileup. This pushed me back to 4th spot. Now i bounce off the 2 walls after the hairpin, costing me even more time. Then as we come off turn 14, i pass the T.M.E. Lancer to reclaim 3rd spot.

Lap 2: I'm all over the Mustang's back bumper exiting turn 3. Now he's pulled a slight advantage over me. The 350Z is pulling away from the rest of the pack at this stage. He's 4.821 sec ahead of me @ sector 2.

Lap 3: RVD is still trying to pass the Mustang for 2nd spot. My car is magnetically attracted to walls as i hit it once again coming into turn 11.:P It's now a drag race between the Skyline and Mustang coming off the final corner. Of course he won due to the 302 small block engine.

Lap 4: Once again i get to the Mustang's back bumper coming through turn 3. Coming through turn 8, he gets sideways and slams me into the inside wall. This moved me up to 2nd. Then as we came through turn 9, he rides my back bumper and sends me wide. *revenge is in store:lol:* I try to make a pass on him coming off the final hairpin but got sideways.

Lap 5: The Mustang bounces off the first chicane walls and hands me 2nd place. I once again hit walls coming into the bus stop chicane. Coming off turn 13, he gets a little loose and i slam into him getting 2nd spot.

Lap 6: I've finally opened up a small lead over the Mustang. It was a very uneventful lap. No wall slamming for me. *for once:P*
The 2 Lancers pit for fresh tires

Lap 7: If i hit the wall one more time, i'm going to murder 30,000 people in VC.:D :lol: Anyway, the 350Z is 9 sec ahead of me after 7 laps. He's decided to pit for 4 fresh tires which will hand the lead over to RVD.

Lap 8: Due the the 350Z's pitstop, he drops back to third spot. At the last 2nd, the R33 dives onto pit road for new tires. The Mustang should also be pitting for tires this time by.

Lap 9: The 350Z has resumed the lead due to the Skyline and Mustang pitting. The lead is only a little over 4 sec at this point. This race is now a matter of consistency and not killing yourself or any other drivers.;) The AI Skyline finally pits on lap 9.

Lap 10: RVD is starting to close the gap on the 350Z entering sector 1. Maybe RVD should turn on the radio to make the race seem quicker.;) The interval is 3.890 sec.

Lap 11: At this point, RVD is just trying to catch the 350Z. The lead has grown slightly because Seattle II deserves to be blown up.:lol: Seriously, i suck through the city section.

Lap 12: Nothing remotely interesting has happened this lap.:rolleyes: I'm still trying to catch the 350Z.

Lap 13: The 350Z is running extremely well and has been hard to catch throughout the race. *AI boost?* Let's hope not for my sake.;)

Lap 14: I'm about ready to blow up the city section of Seattle II as i bounce off the walls through there again.:mad:

Lap 15: I finally regain the lead as the 350Z makes his last pitstop. I'm deciding to pit this lap so i have more laps to catch the 350Z. I'm starting to think that the 350Z is boosted.

Lap 16: The 350Z comes out right in front of me as i come off pitroad. It's bump and run time!:lol: Must kill 350Z before race ends. I'm trying everything possible to close in on him. The interval is a mere 1.427 sec.

Lap 17: I just pulled the bump and run move on the 350Z coming into turn 3. It's now a matter of keeping the 350Z in back of me.;) He just tried to spin me out coming into turn 9. Now it's a game of revenge. Just rammed him twice in the final series of turns to regain the lead.:lol:

Lap 18: He's on my ass again coming down the backstretch. I'll let him go and do what he did to me last lap. Maybe not.....;) I went slowly around the inside so he didn't have room to spin me. This has been the best racing of the PD Cup so far. I've started to open up a small lead over him. That lead is only 2.019 sec.

Lap 19: I braked too late coming into the first chicane and brushed the outside wall. This allows the 350Z to get closer to me. *not a good thing* It looks a lot like lap 17's incident all over again as we're in the same positions as last time. Once again i hug the inside curb to defend my line and position.;) The lead @ sector 2 is a mere 0.501 sec. I've appeared to open that up a little coming through the final double apex corner.

Lap 20: White flag is out for RVD and the Skyline crew. It's bumper to bumper through the bustop chicane as i make a mistake and block the 350Z's attempt to make a pass. This will be the closest finish of the PD Cup so far if RVD can retain his position on the track. As RVD rounds the final corner, the 100,000 people that are here have gone wild.:cool: RVD crosses the line to win his 5th straight PD Cup race!:D :cool:

Pit Stops

Nissan 350Z- 7, 14
(me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 8, 15
Mustang SVT Cobra R- 8, 16
Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 6, 12, 18
Lancer Evolution VI RS- 6, 12, 18
(AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 9, 18

Race Results

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 36:36.968
2. Nissan 350Z- 36:38.438 (+ 1.470 sec)
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 37:05.200 (+ 28.232 sec)
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 37:56.955 (+ 1:19.987)
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 37:58.627 (+ 1:21.659)
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 38:13.081 (+ 1:36.113)

Fastest Lap- 1:46.627

I'm just wondering about your pit stratagie. Why do you pit lap 8,15 instead of evening it out over the 20 laps. Like maybe 7,14 which evens it out abit more.

Originally posted by neon_duke
All, right, that tears it. I have to go back and re-run that race when I'm awake. Nobody, me or the AI could touch the 350Z in that race. Admittedly, I started from 6th rather than the pole, but still...

Just pull out a grenade launcher.:lol: That'll fix him real good.:P

Apricot Hill II- 20 laps

After a very exciting race at Seattle, let's hope that the competition stays as good.:cool: Here's how they'll lineup for tonight's race:

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 1:33.886
2. Nissan 350Z
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R

After a very good qualifying run for RVD and his Skyline, the car is ready to race. Off we go to the Apricot Hill 77 km race, bought to you by RVD TV and Polyphony Digital.:D Let's go racing!

Race Report

Lap 1: Coming through turn 1, the AI is running 3 wide w/ the 350Z, Mustang, and AI R33. The AI R33 took over 2nd place after all the chaos was over. Then coming into turn 6, the AI R33 spins his teammate out. *revenge is coming;)* I've dropped 5.393 sec due to that spin. For the remainder of lap RVD is trying to pass the T.M.E. Lancer.

Lap 2: Coming into turn one RVD passes the Lancer under braking for 5th spot. The 350Z has claimed the top spot from the AI R33. Coming off turn 6, RVD passes the other Lancer to take over 4th spot. Then coming off turn 7, the Mustang cuts me off as if i'm not there. 3 turns later, he runs wide and slams the guardrail handing 3rd spot to me.

Lap 3: In an attempt to get revenge on the AI R33, i brake way too late and slide into the turn 1 guardrail.:P I finally get my revenge coming into turn 6 as i slam into the back of his car causing him to slide into the gravel trap.:lol: Now i have to chase down the 350Z.

Lap 4: The 350 is now 2.495 sec ahead of me @ sector 2. I should be closing in soon to take over the lead. Now that lead has been chopped down to 2.045 sec @ the start/finish line.

Lap 5: The lead is now a mere 1.908 sec @ sector 1. I'm now on the 350Z's ass coming through the final turns. The 350Z decides to pit for fresh tires at the end of this lap. The Mustang also pits. But the AI Skyline stays out moving him up into 2nd spot.

Lap 6: I pit the car for new tires and a driver change. The AI Skyline should also be in this time by. It doesn't help that i'm tired as hell while trying to race. Will I last 14 more laps?:P

Lap 7: The 350Z is trying to challenge me but is unsuccesful. The lead has grown to 3.266 sec over him coming through sector 2. This race has become a test of not falling asleep and tire management.

Lap 8: The lead coming through sector 1 is only 1.588 sec. I've been partially awaken by the powers of Mountain Dew.:lol: ;) I'm now retaining the lead over the 350Z coming down the backstretch. I've turned my fastest lap of the day so far @ 1:33.857.

Lap 9: The lead @ sector 1 is currently 2.961 sec over the 350Z. That lead has increased slightly to 3.649 sec @ sector 2. Coming off the final hairpin, i run the car wide and kick up some dust.

Lap 10: Radio transmissions picked up by my crew are saying that the 350Z and Mustang are going to pit this time by. As expected, they pit and give up more track position.

Lap 11: Due to the 350Z's pitstop, the lead has increased to 25.862 sec @ sector 1. I'm just going to aim for consistent laptimes at this stage in the race. The lead has now grown to 26.660 sec as he crosses sector 2.

Lap 12: This race has become a pure test of mental concentration as i struggle to stay awake at this point. I'll be pitting for tires again. The AI R33 also pits for fresh tires. The lead is down to only 10.938 sec at the end of the lap.

Lap 13: I just did a rally style slide through turn 4 to put on a show on for the fans and to warm the tires up faster. The lead is actually 3.970 sec. Coming off the final turn, i put the car in the kitty litter and nearly spin, but keep going straight.;)

Lap 14: Due to me going off in the kitty litter, the 350Z is only 1.092 sec back. During the course of the lap, i pull the lead out to 3.282 sec @ sector 3. If it wasn't for the radio in the R33, i'd be asleep by now.:P ;)

Lap 15: RVD gets a very nice run through turn 6 extending the lead. The lead has expanded to 4.518 sec @ sector 2. The 350Z pits for the final time at the end of this lap.

Lap 16: Now that the 350Z has pitted, all i have to do is make 1 more pitstop and turn in good lap times and i'll be home free.:D The lead has grown to 27.018 sec as he crosses sector 1. As he crosses sector 2, that has grown to 27.856 sec.

Lap 17: I nearly fell asleep in my chair but quickly got back up.:lol: *lucky i had paused the game;) * The 2 Lancers pit at the end of lap 16 for their final pitstop of the night. They go 1 lap as i fly by the pit lane.

Lap 18: For the first time all season, the AI R33 is running ahead of the Mustang. The lead as the 350Z crosses sector 1 is 27.509 sec. I should be pitting for the final time this lap.;) Both Skylines pit this lap but should retain their positions.

Lap 19: Due to my pitstop, the 2 Lancers are back on the lead lap. The lead has shrunken to 4.671 sec @ sector 1. Now it's up to 5.047 sec @ sector 2.

Lap 20: The lead grew slightly over the last lap as i lapped the Evo RS. Coming off the final turn, RVD wins his 6th straight race of the PD Cup!:D

Pit Stops

(me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 6, 12, 18
Nissan 350Z- 5, 10, 15
Mustang SVT Cobra R- 5, 10, 15
(AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 6, 12, 18
Lancer Evolution VI RS- 4, 8, 12, 16
Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 4, 8, 12, 16

Race Results

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 32:53.690
2. Nissan 350Z- 33:01.495 (+ 7.805 sec)
3. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 33:42.229 (+ 48.539 sec)
4. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 33:52.534 (+ 58.844 sec)
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 34:29.945 (+ 1:36.255)
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 32:54.862 (+1 lap)

Fastest Lap- 1:33.280 (last lap)

Point Standings after 6 races

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 60 pts
2. Nissan 350Z- 36 pts
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 23 pts
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 19 pts
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 11 pts
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 7 pts

Way to go, man. I also had a late-race surprise from the 350Z in Seattle, though it all happened in the last lap and a half, or so. I've found that deliberately ramming usually backfires on me, so I tend to play "immovable object" instead, and plant myself in the sweet spot and wait for them to turn into me.

Good racing. I made the mistake of running R11-R at 2:00 in the morning, so I was doing what you did at AH, except on my worst track.

Originally posted by neon_duke
Good racing. I made the mistake of running R11-R at 2:00 in the morning, so I was doing what you did at AH, except on my worst track.

Thanks.:D I don't really have a worst track, but i'm not really fond of Seattle II or Cote D' Azur.:P

Deep Forest II- 20 laps

After nearly falling asleep during Apricot Hill, i'm now awake and ready to race.;) Here's the starting lineup:

1. Nissan 350Z- 1:26.106
2. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 1:26.640
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R
4. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS

The 350Z beat me in qualifying by 0.534 sec, which furthers my suspicion of a mid series boost. Anyway, here's another race bought to you by RVD TV and Polyphony Digital.:D Let's go racing!

Race Report

Lap 1: Once again i get bumped by my teammate coming into turn 6. The 350Z has pulled out to a slight lead. It was a game of bumper cars as the Evo RS uses me for a brake coming into turn 8. All the AI have gotten more agressive for some reason. *damn boost*

Lap 2: I use the grass inside turn 1 to reclaim 2nd position. Now it's time to run down the 350Z.;) His lead is 4.025 sec @ sector 2. The AI are acting like it's their last race on earth as now the Mustang bumps me out of the way.:P Now the lead has grown to 5.040 sec after 2 laps.

Lap 3: I'm still trying to hold off 4 other cars coming through sector 1. The 350Z has a 5.219 sec lead at this point. The Mustang and Evo RS ram me once again coming into turn 6. 2 corners later i bump the Evo out of the way.:D The Mustang's next.;) I bump the Mustang in the final hairpin sending him wide.:P The 350Z continues to 0wn everyone as his lead has now grown to 6.074 sec.

Lap 4: I've finally opened up a small gap over that 4 car pack. I chopped the lead down by 0.009 sec @ sector 1. Due to running by myself, i've closed the gap to 5.273 sec @ sector 2. That lead has come down further to 5.181 sec as RVD crosses the finish line.

Lap 5: Coming into turn 6 i run the car wide and brush the outside wall. This increases the lead to 5.854 sec as i cross sector 2. That lead is now up to 6.284 sec as i cross the finish line to start lap 6.

Lap 6: I can't seem to get turn 6 nailed as once again i run wide and brush the wall. Now the 350Z has a 6.757 sec lead @ sector 2. George Bush has picked up radio traffic that is saying the 350Z should be pitting soon. As expected, he pits while the Mustang and AI R33 stay out on the track.

Lap 7: Due to the 350Z pitting, the Mustang has taken over 2nd and is only 3.849 sec back. RVD called into his pits and told them to get ready for a pitstop this time by. The Mustang and AI R33 should also be in. As expected, all 3 cars pit together.

Lap 8: Due to the pitstops, the 350Z has gotten the lead back.:rolleyes: The lead is 7.574 sec as i cross sector 2. Now i have 1 objective: kill the 350Z at all costs.:P

Lap 9: I smash the outside wall coming into turn 1. The 350Z continues to dominate this race as he's now 8.677 sec in the lead at the start/finish line.

Lap 10: I've gotten the lead down to 7.958 sec @ sector 2 even though the car has a terrible case of understeer.

Lap 11: Now the lead is down to 7.755 sec as i cross sector 1. The 350Z should be pitting w/ in the next 2 laps for fresh tires. RVD has closed the gap even further to 7.067 sec @ sector 2. Right after sector 2, i run the car wide and slam the outside wall, dropping me back even further.:P

Lap 12: It was another lap of "catch the 350Z then kill him." He pits handing me back the lead.:cool:

Lap 13: The Mustang is back up to 2nd because of the 350Z's pitstop. Each car has one more pitstop scheduled, so this race will be won on pit strategy. *like all the other races;) * I've got a 8.054 sec lead at the end of the lap.

Lap 14: The Mustang, AI R33, and RVD should be pitting their cars for the final time this lap. I've got a 9.842 sec lead over the Mustang as he comes through sector 2. As expected, the 3 of us pit on the same lap, once again giving the lead to the 350Z.

Lap 15: RVD is now 8.250 sec behind the 350Z @ sector 1. I've closed that gap to 8.192 sec @ the second sector. *mmm..... closing in:P*

Lap 16: Coming through the first 2 turns, i hit the wall twice, further extending the 350Z's lead. He's now over 10 sec ahead of me at the end of the lap.

Lap 17: I've cut the 350Z's lead down to 8.644 sec @ sector 2. He has to pit one more time, so hopefully i'll win the race.;) My fastest lap so far was turned @ 1:24.769.:cool:

Lap 18: The lead has shrunken even further as the 350Z's tires are wearing out; it's now 7.684 sec @ sector 1. RVD keeps closing in as he's now 7.295 sec back @ sector 2.;) As expected, the 350Z pits at the end of this lap. Hopefully the Mustang will get 2nd place back.

Lap 19: As usual the 350Z is in 2nd.:rolleyes: It's just a matter of time before i win my 7th straight race of the PD Cup.:D

Lap 20: The 350Z is 13.283 sec back as he crosses the 1st sector. He's closed that interval slightly to 12.929 sec @ the 2nd sector. As RVD rounds the final corner, every person in the grandstands was screaming and taking pictures.:D :cool: As RVD crosses the line, he wins his 7th straight race of the PD Cup!:D :cool

Pit Stops

Nissan 350Z- 6, 12, 18
(me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 7, 14

Race Results

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 29:42.886
2. Nissan 350Z- 29:55.948 (+ 13.062 sec)
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 30:00.678 (+ 17.792 sec)
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 30:11.440 (+ 28.554 sec)
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 30:26.981 (+ 44.095 sec)
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 30:42.175 (+ 59.289 sec)

Fastest Lap- 1:24.769 (lap 17)

SSR11 II- 20 laps

Here we are at neon duke's favorite track, SSR11 II. *j/k;) * Will the R33 keep up this dominating performance at this long track?:D Anyway, here's the starting lineup:

1. Nissan 350Z- 2:11.746
2. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 2:12.215
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R
4. Lancer Evolution VI RS

The 350Z edged me in qualifying by 0.469 sec. With reports of the 350Z 0wning everyone at this track, i'll be trying to destroy his car every chance possible.:lol: Here's another race bought to you by RVD TV and Polyphony Digital.:D Let's go racing!

Race Report

Lap 1: So far the race is off to a clean start. Already the 350Z is 0.731 sec ahead of me coming through sector 1. He opens that up to 1.334 sec @ sector 2. The interval shrinks slightly to 1.309 sec @ sector 3. RVD has a slight lead over the 3rd place Mustang. As we cross the line the interval has remained the same.

Lap 2: That lead has now increased to 1.745 sec @ sector 1. *i'm not very good though the chicane:P* He's pulled out to 1.787 sec as the field crosses sector 2. I've closed that to 1.675 sec @ sector 3. RVD's car is handling well at this point but not well enough to take the lead. Now he's only 1.453 sec ahead of me as we cross the start/finish line.

Lap 3: Coming into the 1st chicane, i slam the inside wall and lose 1.6 sec to the 350Z. He's pulled out to a 5.120 sec lead @ sector 2. I've closed that lead back down to 4.015 sec @ the line.;)

Lap 4: It's time to put on the R33's radio!:lol: He's now 4.665 sec ahead of me @ sector 1. There are no significant battles on track right now. I'm now 4.807 in back of the 350Z @ sector 3. As we cross the finish line, i've fallen back another 0.167 sec.

Lap 5: The 350Z extends the lead even further on me through sector as he's now 5.5 sec up on me. That lead has now grown to 5.795 sec @ sector 2. This has been a dominating performance for the 350Z today as SSR11 II. RVD has now closed the lead to 5.354 sec @ sector 3. He slightly extends the lead to 5.374 sec @ the start/finish line. The Evos should be pitting this time by for tires.

Lap 6: Now the lead is 5.483 sec @ sector 2. The 350Z should be in for tires this time by. Due to the 350Z's worn tires, i've gotten the lead down to 4.567 sec @ sector 3. As expected, the 350Z pits. *what's this? RVD also pits.:P*

Lap 7: My car will be sliding around until the tires warm up. Due to cold tires, the 350Z is now 5.706 ahead of me @ sector 2. I've closed the gap slightly to 5.648 sec @ sector 3. The 350Z has opened that up to 6.062 sec @ the line. The AI R33 decides to pit.

Lap 8: That 350Z is on fire this race as he pulls over 1 sec away in just the first sector alone. He's now 8.273 ahead of me @ sector 2. I've fallen back to 8.629 sec @ sector 3. I've lost about 3 sec in 1 lap to the 350Z.

Lap 9: The lead is now up to 9.552 sec @ sector 1 for the 350Z. He's opened that up to 11.309 sec @ sector 2. I've closed it down to 10.728 sec @ sector 3. The gap remains the same as lap 10 starts.

Lap 10: He's opened up the gap to 11.079 sec through sector 1. RVD chops the interval down to 10.880 sec @ sector 2. He continues to close in as the interval is now 10.319 sec @ sector 3.;) Coming into the final turn, i hit the inside wall dropping me back even further from the 350Z.:rolleyes: Due to that impact, the 350Z is now 12.214 sec ahead.

Lap 11: Now the 350Z is 13.130 sec ahead @ sector 1. He pulls out even further to 13.565 sec @ sector 2. I've closed the gap to 13.031 sec @ sector 3. But once again he pulls out to 13.500 sec @ the line.

Lap 12: We expect the 350Z & RVD's Skyline to pit at the end of this lap. The 350Z pulls out to a 14.135 sec lead at sector 1. I close that gap slightly to 14.082 sec at sector 2. Due to the 350Z's worn tires, the interval is down to 12.894 sec as we cross sector 3. As expected, both the the 350Z & RVD pit on the same lap.

Lap 13: He's only 11 sec in front of me. If i'm going to have any shot at a victory, i'll have to start driving like a madman.:P The interval has grown to 13.605 sec @ the finish line.

Lap 14: I've told my crew that i'm kicking it up a notch to close the gap.;) He's pulled out to a 14.360 sec lead as i cross the line to start lap 15.

Lap 15: I'm losing about 6/10 sec a lap to the 350Z in the first chicane alone. However i've closed the gap back down to 14.007 sec @ the start/finish line.

Lap 16: I've now adjusted my line through the first chicane and i'm only losing 1/10 sec to the 350Z through the chicane.;) The lead through sector 2 is 13.432 sec. Now it's down to 12.791 sec @ sector 3.

Lap 17: There's no way in hell i can catch the 350Z at this point unless his car explodes or flies off the track.

Lap 18: In a last ditch effort to win the race, i'm deciding to stay out until the end on these tires.

Lap 19: I'm resorting to wallriding to win the race and keep the win streak alive.:D

Lap 20: The 350Z will never catch me at the rate i'm going. As RVD comes off the final turn, everyone of the 145,000 people here is on their feet.:D As RVD crosses the line, he wins his 8th straight race of the PD Cup!:D :cool:

Pit Stops

Nissan 350Z- 6, 12, 18
(me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 6, 12
Mustang SVT Cobra R- 6, 12, 18

Race Results

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 45:16.600
2. Nissan 350Z- 45:19.334 (+ 2.734 sec)
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 46:02.656 (+ 46.056 sec)
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 46:27.991 (+ 1:11.391)
5. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 46:47.506 (+ 1:30.906)
6. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 47:27.581 (+ 2:10.981)

Fastest Lap- 2:11.258

Grand Valley Speedway II- 20 laps

After SSR11, a massive fight broke out between the 350Z's crew and RVD's crew due to me cheating.:lol: :P Both teams were fined 15,000 credits and put on probation for the rest of the PD Cup. Here's the starting lineup:

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 2:09.124
2. Nissan 350Z
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS

A crazy coincidence as everyone qualified in their points positions. Anyway, here's another race bought to you by RVD TV & Polyphony Digital.:D Let's go racing!

Race Report

Lap 1: So far i've opened up a 0.846 sec lead through sector 1. The 350Z has knocked that down to 0.557 sec @ sector 2. I've already done some lawnmowing.:P Now that lead has opened up slightly to 0.772 sec @ sector 3. The 350Z got a good run through the final hairpin and is all over my back bumper. Now the 350Z is only 0.092 sec in back of me as i cross the line.

Lap 2: Coming into turn 1 the 350Z tries to pass me but i bump him off the road.:lol: Now i'm 0.759 sec ahead @ sector 1. The GT officials have just shown me the black flag for bumping the 350Z while on probation.:P He's only 1.056 sec behind at this stage. I've opened up the gap to 1.386 sec @ sector 3. But the 350Z closes that to 1.194 sec as we cross the start/finish line.

Lap 3: The 350Z is 1.179 sec back @ sector 1. That has now increased to 2.057 sec @ sector 2. Now he's fallen 3.021 sec back @ sector 3. At the line, the 350Z closes the gap to 2.900 sec.

Lap 4: He closes the gap to 2.729 sec at the first sector. RVD's car is handling well around this place.:cool: The 350Z lost nearly 1 sec in the 2nd sector as he's now 3.598 sec in back of me. Now he's fallen back to 4.402 sec at sector 3. At the line the 350Z is now 4.541 sec in back of me.

Lap 5: Coming through the 2nd sector, i'm 4.835 sec ahead of the 350Z. That's now been extended to 5.183 sec @ sector 3. I'll be pitting the car for new tires this time by. The 350Z also pits along w/ the Mustang.

Lap 6: Coming through turn 5, i slip by the AI R33 who's out on old tires. I've opened up a 3.707 sec lead through sector 3. He pits the car handing 2nd place back to the 350Z.

Lap 7: Through sector 2, the lead is 5.968 sec over the 350Z. As RVD crosses the line, his lead is only 3.498 sec.

Lap 8: The lead through sector 1 is 3.591 sec. *i'm destroying his car:lol:* Now he's 4.078 sec back @ sector 2. To save the track maintenance crews time, i mowed the lawn thorugh the final s-curves.:P It's radio time for my R33!:D

Lap 9: Officals are telling me to watch the 350Z for possible cheating on his team.;) I've now opened up a 6.074 sec lead over the 350Z. He's now 6.649 sec behind me @ sector 3.

Lap 10: Reports are coming in that the 350Z's driver is smoking which is why he's falling back.:lol: :P The Mustang's crew reported seeing puffs of smoke out the driver's side window. A fight has just broken out between the 350Z's crew and Mustang's crew for false reports. This will definitely disqualify the 350Z from the next race at Tokyo R246.;) I'll be pitting this time along w/ the 350Z & Mustang.

Lap 11: How the 350Z & Mustang managed to get their new tires w/ their crews beating the **** out of each other is amazing.;) The interval is 9.993 sec @ sector 3. The fight has finally been broken up by GT officals in the pits. He chops that down to 9.245 sec as RVD crosses the line.

Lap 12: RVD is just running his own race at this point.;) With a nearly 10 sec lead, he's just focused on running consistent laptimes and not ramming anyone off the road. *especially the 350Z:P*

Lap 13: The 350Z closes in to 9.830 sec @ sector 1. But he falls back to 10.440 sec @ sector 2. Several crew members were reported injured in the fight that broke out on lap 10 between the 350Z's and Mustang's crews.

Lap 14: It was another quiet lap for RVD as his lead increased to nearly 11 sec.

Lap 15: The 350Z is now 13.236 sec in back of RVD coming through sector 2. That's now increased to 14.228 sec through sector 3. The 350Z, RVD, and the Mustang should be in for their final time this lap.

Lap 16: Coming off the first chicane, RVD does a 360 spin but keeps going. The 350Z is only 6.335 sec back now. He closes that even further to 5.019 sec at the start/finish line.

Lap 17: Coming off turn 6, i run wide and hit the outside tire barrier. RVD just rammed the 350Z off the road coming into turn 9. And he rams the 350Z once more coming into the final hairpin.:lol: I wonder how in the hell the AI kept that car under control.

Lap 18: GT officals have just disqualified the R33 for overly agressive driving.:P Another fight has broken out between the 350Z & RVD's crew for the 2 ram jobs on lap 18. There's weapons everywhere. Will GT Officials be able to stop this mayhem before someone gets killed?

Lap 19: Off turn 1, RVD runs the car wide and hits the outside wall. The 350Z is pissed off and wants massive revenge on RVD for the ramming. This fight is now involving whatever the crews can get their hands on. My lead is 4.171 sec over the 350Z @ sector 3.

Lap 20: White flag is out; one more lap of destruction to go for RVD and his crew. *if any members are alive;)* RVD nearly spins the car coming through the first chicane but holds on to it. The lead is only 3.669 sec @ this point. AS RVD rounds the final corner, every person in the Mazda grandstands was up on their feet. He's just won his incredible 9th straight race of the PD Cup!:cool: :D

Pit Stops

(me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 5, 10, 15
Nissan 350Z- 5, 10, 15
Mustang SVT Cobra R- 5, 10, 15
(AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 6, 12, 18
Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 4, 8, 12, 16
Lancer Evolution VI RS- 4, 8, 12, 16

Race Results

1. (me) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 44:55.662
2. Nissan 350Z- 44:59.305 (+ 3.643 sec)
3. Mustang SVT Cobra R- 45:21.860 (+ 26.198 sec)
4. (AI) Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)- 45:55.470 (+ 59.808 sec)
5. Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.- 46:35.865 (+ 1:40.203)
6. Lancer Evolution VI RS- 46:43.699 (+ 1:48.037)

Fastest Lap- 2:08.496

Back