Penalty loophole...

• Thread starter Sven
  • 4 comments
I was racing Citta the other day on pro mode, with opponents turned on (gives me five laps at once, so I can do hot laps better. Also stiffens the penalties.), and the penalty system kept getting me for small taps I usually get away with. This is a good thing though, because that sensitivity really makes you keep it clean. But then I found a loophole in the penalties. If you tap the handbrake to put the car in neutral, the penalty is basically ignored. It'll decelerate slower, or you can even accelarate above 50 if you're going downhill...

Anyone else notice this?

If you tap the handbrake and do somthing else the car stays in neutral, I could do it in GT3 but I can't remeber, next time I swithch it one I'll let you know.

You just tap the handbrake and let it coast. It's not so much neutral as it is having the clutch in. Basically the same thing though. It works on both AT and MT.

Originally posted by Sven
I was racing Citta the other day on pro mode, with opponents turned on (gives me five laps at once, so I can do hot laps better. Also stiffens the penalties.), and the penalty system kept getting me for small taps I usually get away with. This is a good thing though, because that sensitivity really makes you keep it clean. But then I found a loophole in the penalties. If you tap the handbrake to put the car in neutral, the penalty is basically ignored. It'll decelerate slower, or you can even accelarate above 50 if you're going downhill...

Anyone else notice this?
tell me about it :lol: Every time I accidentally bang the car into something I quickly tap the handbrake or reverse button so I won't lose speed too much

Back