Penalty Zones Coming to GT Sport's FIA and Daily Races

Really like the sound of this. However "if another car strikes you from behind as a result of unghosting from serving the penalty, the game will deem the incidents to be your fault" sounds like it has potential to be abused. You'd have to be a petty racer to deliberately hit someone unghosting as you'd kill your own momentum, but there are petty drivers out there!

Still sounds like an overall improvement of the system. I'm look forward to seeing how this works out.

An idea if this is also happening in lobbies?
According to Polyphony Digital, the system will also appear in Daily Races, although it’s unclear when this will start. There’s no information yet on whether it will appear as an option for private lobbies.

The best part, for me, is the fact that if you unghost in someone's way it deems it as your fault - I've had so many problems where a driver has un-ghosted in front of me and it's caused me to get a penalty. I hope that this is in general rather than just for the penalty zones...

Really like the sound of this. However "if another car strikes you from behind as a result of unghosting from serving the penalty, the game will deem the incidents to be your fault" sounds like it has potential to be abused. You'd have to be a petty racer to deliberately hit someone unghosting as you'd kill your own momentum, but there are petty drivers out there!

Still sounds like an overall improvement of the system. I'm look forward to seeing how this works out.

Hopefully it will be too difficult to get the timing right for that. The petty driver would need to position themselves behind a penalty-serving car and then make sure to keep just enough speed to catch up at the moment of unghosting.

I feel like the penalty zone should be minimized to half of the track width and off of the racing line. I can already imagine having to dodge brake checking penalty servers.

Why even let players shave off their penalties? You don't see Max Verstappen slowing down on track to get rid of 5 seconds in F1, it's just added to the final time.

Having cars slow down will always introduce danger to other drivers and force the need for otherwise pointless systems like this that we now have to be aware of.

Honestly should be just like the missions in gran turismo 4 where your gas pedal was disabled for some time then you could get back on it. It's the only fair way for those that abuse the game.

Why even let players shave off their penalties? You don't see Max Verstappen slowing down on track to get rid of 5 seconds in F1, it's just added to the final time.

Having cars slow down will always introduce danger to other drivers and force the need for otherwise pointless systems like this that we now have to be aware of.

Actually serving the penalty soon after it is given will penalise the driver more.

If someone gets a 5s penalty on Lap 1, they will be forced to slow down and will likely lose a lot of positions, and then have to race. Rather than staying ahead, building a 5s gap and then winning without the penalty doing anything.

Regarding F1, there have been many times, even as recent at at the US GP, where a driver was given a time penalty (for the next pitstop), but by the time of the stop, that driver had built up a 5s gap and the penalty didn't penalise the driver essentially. [The penalty was for overtaking a driver by going off the track, and the penalty didn't drop that driver behind the opposing driver]

That would a really bad idea !

I feel like the penalty zone should be minimized to half of the track width and off of the racing line. I can already imagine having to dodge brake checking penalty servers.

Maybe you misunderstand the concept, but there won't be brake checking penalty servers with this in place... As soon as they enter the zone, they will ghost and their car will slow down to serve the penalty. No danger to anyone directly behind them, or anywhere near them for that matter...

I fail to see how this could cause the issues you describe, and how having it on half the track width would help either?

In other racing series they make you serve the penalty as a drive through pit lane. This is what I feel they should have done. And the longer you wait on serving your penalty the more penalty time you accrue. But I am happy now that this system forces you to serve.

“The official release states that if another car strikes you from behind as a result of unghosting from serving the penalty, the game will deem the incidents to be your fault…”

👍

I was afraid this new penalty system would result in people blocking others on the racing line in the multiplayer.

Racing is not for everyone. And GTPlanet has the worst drivers in the world. This problem will never disappear. We do not have this problem in RaceRoom and Assetto Corsa rFactor Iracing. Strange that this is a problem in GT Sport. As I have said before, it's not the game's problem, but the drivers who can not drive a car. Thas it!

Racing is not for everyone. And GTPlanet has the worst drivers in the world. This problem will never disappear. We do not have this problem in RaceRoom and Assetto Corsa rFactor Iracing. Strange that this is a problem in GT Sport. As I have said before, it's not the game's problem, but the drivers who can not drive a car. Thas it!
Nice to see you back, with this 'stuff'

Surely the driver behind will see the bright yellow bar indicating that the car in front is about to take a penalty and just avoid them.......although, in the heat of battle you sometimes take a chance and hope they don't solidify in front of you.
@Joe-dogs Aren't those games you mention all pay to play?, if so then I suppose you wouldn't get the issues like in GT Sport (I think)

GTPlanet has the worst drivers in the world
The sheer numbers of GTPlanet members at the Regional and World Finals suggests that we have the best drivers in the world...

... but registration is free here, so we get all sorts. I mean, you're here too...

We do not have this problem in RaceRoom and Assetto Corsa rFactor Iracing.
Our members play those too, and we have active forums for those games...

Back