Penalty Zones Coming to GT Sport's FIA and Daily Races

The Penalty Lane is a great addition, sad that is only present in the FIA Championship. It should be implemented in every race of the Sport Mode, and even the GT League (in professional and endurance races), if you ask me. That would condition GT Sport players to be cleaner from the beginning.
Agreed but no GT League please the A.I is too stupid and it will be a mess.

If you have any trouble whatsoever dispatching the AI at Professional as clean as a whistle, you have a LONG way to go..! Pretty undeniably the slowest AI in the business. But true, there are players that aren't as clean and as fast as the AI on Easy!

But personally, I'd love to see the same rules applied to racing them as to real humans. This is the way that you teach humans to race humans cleanly. A whole major sector of the game walled off from the same degree of penalties that affect them online only teaches them habits they will carry through to online play.

I'd love to see the same rules applied to racing them as to real humans. This is the way that you teach humans to race humans cleanly. A whole major sector of the game walled off from the same degree of penalties that affect them online only teaches them habits they will carry through to online play.

Good point, players learn some habits (and the lack of punishment) when playing the campaign. If they were taught in a different way from day 1... Polyphony would sell maximum half a million copies of the game, because nobody would buy it... It would become a cult classic for the few. What do you think?

Good point, players learn some habits (and the lack of punishment) when playing the campaign. If they were taught in a different way from day 1... Polyphony would sell maximum half a million copies of the game, because nobody would buy it... It would become a cult classic for the few. What do you think?
I think mostly that I bought GTS cause it clamed to be the "Real driving/racing simulator" and not just one more arcade racing type Death Race/Carmageddon Game... and the ones like me are surely the maiority of the pack which really will be playing the game till a new improved version will come... the rest are those who just want to bash some cars and and feel the "need for speed" ... or some other drugs like it...

Last edited:
I think mostly that I bought GTS cause it clamed to be the "Real drivung/racing sinulator" and not just one more arcade racing type Death Race/Carmageddon Game... and the ones like me are surely the maiority of the pack which really will be playing the game till a new improved version will come... the rest are those who just want to bash some cars and and feel the "need for speed" ... or some other drugs like it...
I get your point. I just wonder how many players would drop the game if it featured proper racing rules. For instance, here are the stats for iRacing access through Steam https://steamcharts.com/app/266410
150 players peak in the last 30 days. I wonder, just as a theoretical exercise, if more regulation would make players abandon the game.

I get your point. I just wonder how many players would drop the game if it featured proper racing rules. For instance, here are the stats for iRacing access through Steam https://steamcharts.com/app/266410
150 players peak in the last 30 days. I wonder, just as a theoretical exercise, if more regulation would make players abandon the game.

Probably because Iracing penalization regulation also sucks... and you have to pay for any DLC... and a bit more than the cost of PS+ annually... too...

Meanwhile... ACC is trying out a completly different aproach... stablishing a beahviour and racing capability data base, for each player that will be used on online racing to "classify" and match racers on online races...

If you have any trouble whatsoever dispatching the AI at Professional as clean as a whistle, you have a LONG way to go..! Pretty undeniably the slowest AI in the business. But true, there are players that aren't as clean and as fast as the AI on Easy!

But personally, I'd love to see the same rules applied to racing them as to real humans. This is the way that you teach humans to race humans cleanly. A whole major sector of the game walled off from the same degree of penalties that affect them online only teaches them habits they will carry through to online play.
I Personally i may not have a problem with the AI but i give myself a big enough handicup on purpose so the AI can have a fighting chance + the rubber banding also helps , for example in one race at tsukuba while i was way ahead the AI in 8th (if i remember correctly ) was all of sudden 5 seconds faster when i saw it i was like what the ****? but i will admit i have a long way to go as well in sport mode im usually 2-3 seconds off the
Top 10 but in some tracks like brands hatch im 6-7 seconds slower.

ACC is trying out a completly different aproach... stablishing a beahviour and racing capability data base, for each player that will be used on online racing to "classify" and match racers on online races
You mean they are tracing each driver to create a sort of profile for matchmaking? This is very interesting.

You mean they are tracing each driver to create a sort of profile for matchmaking? This is very interesting.

Yep.... I believe that that part of the software is embedded on the game code already!

You may read about it here:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...tem-part-i-we-want-to-help-you-improve.50766/

and here (more):

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-acc-rating-system-part-ii-long-version.51975/

and finally with last update of ACC:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/driverprofile-rating-acc-0-3.53027/

Last edited:
Back