Perphaps your going overboard?

• Thread starter troy
  • 26 comments

troy

(Banned)
I usually don't question the mods and admin desicions but recently i've noticed a dramatic increase of closed threads. For the most part I can tell why they close, but some of them like " Can we out do the replys in the "How many replies can we get" thread?? "" had an actual reason and did no harm. It was closed because a Mod thought it was a "bad idea", maybe to him is was, but did it really need to be closed? was it hurting anything? did it have profanity or inaprotpriote behavior in it? Also mnay threads get closed for people fighting about something irelevent (however u spell that) to the threads intention. Mods/Admins could ask the poeple to stop fightin and delete the "bad" posts so we could keep the thread going, as it wasn't the fault of the thread for the closing.

I personally think you guys are going overboard, their has been some bad threads, but there has a been a share of good ones that have been closed.

bother with what?

Replying? Don't bother then, i appreciate your decency to reply to a simple thread.

Or

Closing? This was exactly what i was talking about...closing for no reason.

Alright, I said I wasn't going to bother(replying), but I have to.:rolleyes:

I closed that thread because we DO NOT need another HMRCWG thread. It's absolutely pointless, kind of like the original. I thought it was a bad idea(which it was) so I closed it.

Also, just to let you know, threads do not have to contain profanity/inappropriate behavior for them to be closed. They can be closed at any time for any reason, but I won't close a thread unless I have a good reason.

Also, you're correct, a lot of threads do get closed due to people fighting or for going off topic. We could ask people not to fight in them, and we could delete the individual posts, but since we don't have the option of thread/post "pruning" anymore, I'm not going to spend hours with my 56k modem deleting 50 posts per thread because people are arguing. It's much easier to close the thread, and have someone start another one similar. Besides, if I did delete the posts containing arguements we all know that wouldn't stop them from doing it again.:rolleyes:

Next please.

People complain that the site is too hostile, and they complain when you try to keep it under control. :rolleyes: I think our moderators have done an excellent job in keeping a good mood and mentality of the forums over the course of recent events. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yea Jordan, people complain about stuff, then you guys(the mods and you) try to correct the problem in the only way possible and they don't like that, then the make a big shpiel about leaving GTP, but they never really leave...and thier reasons are always stuff out of thier control...it makes you think why they even bother to leave when they say lots of good things about the site, and then post 1 bad reason for leaving...

Just makes you think. I've always wanted to say to one of the people leaving "I think you're mistaking me for someone who gives a s***", but for some reason, when someone is leaving, I just don't say it....

Originally posted by Jordan
People complain that the site is too hostile, and they complain when you try to keep it under control. :rolleyes: I think our moderators have done an excellent job in keeping a good mood and mentality of the forums over the course of recent events. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

To the masses, with referal to Jordan:

You can't win for losing!

This I am familiar with. I administrate a 60 user network, and nothing I do makes them happy because they don't have total control over their environment. Without total control the spoiled Americans become pissy little *****es. Awww - feels good to say that. And just because I specified Americans doesn't mean the rest of the world gets off lite. Even though some of the grouches come from distant lands where English isn't their primary (or even secondary) language doesn't give them the right to raise hell on our (yeah, I'm taking partial ownership, what are you gonna do!?!) topic-oriented BB server.

After long debate with myself for many years I have come to the conclusion that abrupt action with careful private consulting is the best way to handle the majority of situations. This is precisely what our moderators do.

Kudos! You guys (and gals?) rock! Keep up the good work.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by Jordan
I think our moderators have done an excellent job in keeping a good mood and mentality of the forums over the course of recent events. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree. :thumbsup:

Practicly everyone (i was the 18th member registed in these forums) has got more posts than me.

Originally posted by LoudMusic
It's not about posts! It's about content!

Maybe we're just trying too hard.

~LoudMusic

You're just posting that to get your postcount up. :rolleyes:

I think the Moderators do a great job :thumbsup:. I know whenever there's been problem they've always got it sorted out fair 'n' square :computer:

I don't understand why certain individuals always winge on about Mods :shakehead, people suggesting new ideas is great 💡 but shouting about mods is mad :mad:

The way I see it is if people don't like how things work in GTP they should leave, it's their loss not ours :D

Back