Petition To Keep GT5 Servers Online A Little Longer

• Thread starter VBR
  • 58 comments

Would you like PD to keep GT5's online servers going a little longer?

• Total voters
I still cannot fathom why people are getting their panties in a wad over servers.

It's absurd they think they can get away with shutting down so soon. GT5 will be (by May 20th) about 3.5 years old, and GT6 will only be 6 months old. To cut a game's servers down so quick after the sequel is unheard of, and almost every franchise with sequels still have servers up on the older games. This is just a sleazy move to cut costs and encourage more GT6 sales.
Totally agreed and not to mention that they could have a feature such as server rentals for extra incomes...

PD deserves no mercey and they get alotta love from Sony so I don't think it matters that much about funds and employees. And another thing if they made a 60$ game like they should money wouldn't be an issue
Uhhhh.... No comprehendo amigo..

If you could prove us what this "love" is and what it does I'll accept that theory. Funds and employees? That's like saying time and money don't actually mean anything. It means how the world operates..[/quote]

Is kaz not one Sony higher ups?? I'm pretty sure he's on the executive board. And I'm pretty sure that means him and his team has a do as you please pass

I have to wholeheartedly agree that GT5's online needs a bit more time before it gets shuttered, mainly as it currently is offering a more robust, complete and stable online experience than GT6 is currently.

The only reason we are in this position currently is due to that we as consumers were rushing GT6 to release- not directly however. Cast your minds back way back to 2005 when GT5 was announced (albeit under the title of GT Vision), the game was going through countless number of delays since then. As a result of this, consumers became impatient and were wondering of GT5 was merely vapourware. It was clear that PD didn't want to make that same mistake twice, so they started work on GT6 presumably before GT5 was even finished. So you say this may have given GT6 enough time to be finished? Well, no. The moment the game was announced, PD scurried as fast as they could to get GT6 to release on time to keep the consumers from moaning about delays. That means that GT6 was released in so much of an unfinished state I would like to call it GT5 Spec III as that is what it is. If you look at GT6's description page on the GT website, you will find a laundry list of features that are supposed to be in GT6 but aren't currently (Course maker, GPS visualiser, B-Spec etc). There are even some features from GT5 that are completely absent from GT6, such as the community features and endurances. That alone would make people come back to GT5 as it offers a more complete experience that GT6 is currently (or given the recent 1.05 debacle, that GT6 ever will).

This makes me sick.

How can Sony even consider closing down GT5's servers when GT6 isn't technically even a finished product yet? There is a reason why 100,000 people still play GT5 online per day, and that is because it is fun- a concept which can't be attributed to GT6 currently. The current rate of GT6 updates is around half of the amount we got from GT5 in the roughly the same timespan, which leads me to believe that PD have given up on GT6 or are doing absolutely nothing at the moment. At least give GT6 time to become complete before Sony goes to push that button which will end support for GT5, as most people do their research and they will know that GT6 is missing 75% of the features that should have been there at launch.

I hope Sony or PD read this thread and realise they are making a monumental error by doing this. GT5 took 7 years to make, it only gets 4 years of support and this is all happening so soon after GT6's launch. Does anyone else think the same as what I'm thinking? GT6 is underselling by a landslide and Sony want it to do well- so the bright idea in the corporate meeting is to make people buy GT6 by shutting down GT5. Oh what a brilliant idea you say- please Sony, don't become the next EA.

I have to wholeheartedly agree that GT5's online needs a bit more time before it gets shuttered, mainly as it currently is offering a more robust, complete and stable online experience than GT6 is currently.

The only reason we are in this position currently is due to that we as consumers were rushing GT6 to release- not directly however. Cast your minds back way back to 2005 when GT5 was announced (albeit under the title of GT Vision), the game was going through countless number of delays since then. As a result of this, consumers became impatient and were wondering of GT5 was merely vapourware. It was clear that PD didn't want to make that same mistake twice, so they started work on GT6 presumably before GT5 was even finished. So you say this may have given GT6 enough time to be finished? Well, no. The moment the game was announced, PD scurried as fast as they could to get GT6 to release on time to keep the consumers from moaning about delays. That means that GT6 was released in so much of an unfinished state I would like to call it GT5 Spec III as that is what it is. If you look at GT6's description page on the GT website, you will find a laundry list of features that are supposed to be in GT6 but aren't currently (Course maker, GPS visualiser, B-Spec etc). There are even some features from GT5 that are completely absent from GT6, such as the community features and endurances. That alone would make people come back to GT5 as it offers a more complete experience that GT6 is currently (or given the recent 1.05 debacle, that GT6 ever will).

This makes me sick.

How can Sony even consider closing down GT5's servers when GT6 isn't technically even a finished product yet? There is a reason why 100,000 people still play GT5 online per day, and that is because it is fun- a concept which can't be attributed to GT6 currently. The current rate of GT6 updates is around half of the amount we got from GT5 in the roughly the same timespan, which leads me to believe that PD have given up on GT6 or are doing absolutely nothing at the moment. At least give GT6 time to become complete before Sony goes to push that button which will end support for GT5, as most people do their research and they will know that GT6 is missing 75% of the features that should have been there at launch.

I hope Sony or PD read this thread and realise they are making a monumental error by doing this. GT5 took 7 years to make, it only gets 4 years of support and this is all happening so soon after GT6's launch. Does anyone else think the same as what I'm thinking? GT6 is underselling by a landslide and Sony want it to do well- so the bright idea in the corporate meeting is to make people buy GT6 by shutting down GT5. Oh what a brilliant idea you say- please Sony, don't become the next EA.
Very good post :bowdown:

It's absurd they think they can get away with shutting down so soon. GT5 will be (by May 20th) about 3.5 years old, and GT6 will only be 6 months old. To cut a game's servers down so quick after the sequel is unheard of, and almost every franchise with sequels still have servers up on the older games. This is just a sleazy move to cut costs and encourage more GT6 sales.

Says the guy with Battlefield as his avatar.... EA does that same thing... Battlefield gets released.. Army of TWO TFD servers get shut down with the sequel not even released yet...

Says the guy with Battlefield as his avatar.... EA does that same thing... Battlefield gets released.. Army of TWO TFD servers get shut down with the sequel not even released yet...

Meh, I've had this avatar since 2011 and never got around to changing it. EA is garbage, but all of the games they've shut down are usually dead and old or outdated sports games. No excuse here, GT5 is more recent and active, and the sequel is way too new.

No, only for one reason ... they need the server power for GT6 ... so I hope GT6 will benefit from it ....

Call of Duty 3 from 2006 still has its servers up as well the last time I checked, and that game is 8 years old! I would like to see GT5's servers up for another year or two so that we can still enjoy the game online.

Online for Call of duty 1 are still up..

As i said above they could have server rentals through ps store.

If they need more power for gt6 they should fix the game itself first and keep their promises.

All this sound to me like cheap management.

The customer is always fair as we say here.

I say..,keep them open:)
They are doing it so people who haven't bought GT6 will have to so they can go online basically,
PD.Y u do dis?!;)
WUT? I don't understand that at all. Keep them up so people with only GT5 can still play, delaying their purchase of GT6?

no. they need to be shut down. It has been mentioned on the news section but having weekly events for GT5 and bi-weekly for 6 is a total joke of their management...

Yes. GT5's servers needs to stay open. PD is just butthurt over the fact that GT6 doesn't have good sales, and are attempting to force people to get it for online... GT6 is no different than GT5 except for having faster loading times, better physics bluh bluh bluh with less features. Need I remind those that Shuffle races are gone?

Yes. GT5's servers needs to stay open. PD is just butthurt over the fact that GT6 doesn't have good sales, and are attempting to force people to get it for online... GT6 is no different than GT5 except for having faster loading times, better physics bluh bluh bluh with less features. Need I remind those that Shuffle races are gone?
but if they continue providing a free service, how is their revenue expected to go up? which could be a possible ( I hate to get involved in the "are the sales too low for...." discussion) reason why we are experiencing this lack in technology advancement..

but if they continue providing a free service, how is their revenue expected to go up? which could be a possible ( I hate to get involved in the "are the sales too low for...." discussion) reason why we are experiencing this lack in technology advancement..
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. :indiff:
I wish they would close them tomorrow, then they might start concentrating on GT6 for once and give us some much needed content.
And theres GT7. :P

While the servers are still up and Sony/Play Station can still see the GT5 players, I'd like to see Sony recognize the players that have gotten Gold Trophies in all licenses, A-Spec, B-Spec, and all of the Seasonal events. I know there must be some that have done it (not me) and that Sony can get the data. There are plenty of players around the world and the dedication and skill of the best of the best should be recognized.

I want gt5 servers closed down so PD could bring all the features to gt6 from gt5 and even new features and PD will focus on seasonal events on gt6 every week. Personally, ever since I got GT6, gt5 felt so Arcady compared to gt6 with its more expressed body roll.

VBR
I wonder if they will close the GT5 online servers before the GT6 community update?

Hmmm...

Seriously PD; you're gonna close down the GT5 servers before releasing the GT6 community update? If you keep on doing things like that, you're gonna end up running out of foot to shoot!

PD has an idea of what they are doing. It may not make any sense to us, but with 1.07, I'm beginning to call GT6 (almost) complete. I don't know how much we will get or see this month, but the resources that have been being used to keep GT5 up are taking time away from 6.....

Now, don't get me wrong.... I think it's a bad idea to shut down 5 this early, and especially without robust community options in 6.

But...., they do have 7 to worry about....

Meh, it's a toss-up. If they give 5 another 1-2 months so they can get some community features up, the transition will probably be asked for. If they don't, well, this ship is sinking.....

I hope they have some pretty major stuff (and cars and tracks are NOT what is needed on that level) hidden in 1.07. Senna content is very nice (and rather awesome they would do it! :cheers:) But, that isn't what brought me back to GT5, and it isn't what will keep me playing GT6.

I have 1,2,3,4,5P,5, and 6. I can take a pic if you want at any time. I know where they all are. I will work on getting 7. But, I never played them completely seriously until I went online and found a community.

Despite being released on PC all the way back in 2003, Halo CE still has an active online. The servers are scheduled to go down today but Bungie has heard their fans and have not only obtained a new host for the master servers (previously Gamespy) but also released new patch for the game. What PD is doing is inexcusable.

Despite being released on PC all the way back in 2003, Halo CE still has an active online. The servers are scheduled to go down today but Bungie has heard their fans and have not only obtained a new host for the master servers (previously Gamespy) but also released new patch for the game. What PD is doing is inexcusable.
Even Ridge Racer 7 has online still, but yes PD is a bit greedy.

VBR
I wonder if they will close the GT5 online servers before the GT6 community update?

Hmmm...
VBR
Seriously PD; you're gonna close down the GT5 servers before releasing the GT6 community update? If you keep on doing things like that, you're gonna end up running out of foot to shoot!

Oh, you actually did that then PD? :boggled:

ALRIGHTY THEN! :lol:

👎

Back