Photos from the GT4 press

• Thread starter Etep
  • 17 comments
GT4 is gonna come out next year. But in Nov, there will be one with only one car Toyota Prius "GT4 ¡G Prius Toyota Verion" and another one "GT4 ¡G Prologue" in Dec this year with more cars.
Here are some pics of the Hong Kong track. I have to say they look so unbelievably real.

Etep

Attachments

• gt4_28fu3p.jpg
    gt4_28fu3p.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 448
Originally posted by Cobraboy
Is the second pic looking from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island? I think I remember that building with the twin spires being on HK Island when I was over there

Kind of middle-left of the shot? That's the Bank Of China tower - possibly my favourite piece of modern architecture (all blue glass and locking triangles).

Nice pics, but... They belong in the "Rumor (sic) and Speculation" forum.

I read a magizine article about GT4 and the crew at Polyphony. They talked alot about how they took thousands of pictures at every track and how they transfered them onto the game. They layed the slides next to each other and you could bearly tell which frame was real.:eek:

Actually, regarding the second photo, the Bank of China Tower is still the Bank of China Tower (HSBC has its own building)... as for that tall building in the middle (with all the cranes on top), thats Two IFC, just incase anyone was wondering... these are amazingly accurate and real... I guess the track is primarily in Kowloon...

Originally posted by Famine
Kind of middle-left of the shot? That's the HSBC Tower - formerly the Bank Of China tower - possibly my favourite piece of modern architecture (all blue glass and locking triangles).

Nice pics, but... They belong in the "Rumor (sic) and Speculation" forum.

Rumor?! Nah, those are the pictures they released at the Tokyo Game Expo just days ago. GTP probably need a GT4 new forum soon. The creator was there and showed the press those pictures. And I got them from a local newspaper website.

The Bank of China tower (was always The BOC tower), was once the tallest building in HK built to look like a Chinese knife. The tallest tower you can see in the second picture is now tallest in HK (3rd tallest in world) was in construction last year and Tomb Raider made a few shots from there (remember they jumped off a construction building?!). The track you are seeing in the second picture is actually a pedestrian only area. The tracks from first and third pictures are basically the busiest street and most tourist will go.

I bet you will see the HK Exhitbition Centre, Space Science Centre, and Art Centre from the game. They were built to look like Turtle, Half Sphere and a Flying Bird if viewed from high up.

Cheers for the heads-up - amended so as to not be misinformation :D

The "Rumor & Speculation" forum is the unofficial dumping ground for ALL GT4 topics currently. This forum is specifically for GT: Concept 2001 Tokyo-Seoul and GT: Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva.

Originally posted by TS1AWD
I read a magizine article about GT4 and the crew at Polyphony. They talked alot about how they took thousands of pictures at every track and how they transfered them onto the game. They layed the slides next to each other and you could bearly tell which frame was real.:eek:

Got To Love GAMEINFORMER ;) They did one of the most complete and detailed reviews of a racing game ive ever seen. And hes right, they have 2 photos, one of the actual spot, and the ingame version. And literally, you can barely tell the difference. Its unbelieveable. And damn their studio! They have a library of almost every Playstation game created...... Too bad its damn near impossible to get imployed on the GT team......

HA!! GameInformer!! YEA! thats the one :banghead:
Thank you for clearing that up for me :D ...But damn do they have it made, I wish I could work there, but something is telling me that I will have to learn a new language

Originally posted by Viper_Maniac
Are those really from GT4? They kinda look like they're from NFSU. :confused:

Yeah I thought so too, but look at the third pic..NSFU wouldn't have a pit :D and those do those cones look familier? ;)

He was typing... Perhaps only his fingers could tell what his mouth was unable to?

"Tell me, Mr. Anderson. What use is a phone call if you are unable to sssssssssssspeak?"

Back