[pics] My DFP setup

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently purchased the DFP and it is ABSOLUTLY EXCELLENT. I love it!

I'm a racing purist so never use any traction control systems on production cars. I also always equip my production vehicles with Standard-Road tires for extra realism. Obviously, I drive using manual. I love the gearshift buttons on the back of the wheel. And finally, I have my DFP set to its highest force feeback setting with Active Steering turned on.

Here are pics of my brand new, custom built table thingy for the wheel to attach itself to. It has hinges so it folds flat under the bed when I'm done!

^Yeh so thats where the wheel lives.

Basically, I'v totally mastered driving using the wheel I think. At least I can do an 8:00.8 lap in a 350Z GT4 Edition around the 'Ring. I can also do a near perfect lap using a fully tuned SL65AMG so my drivings up to scratch.

I'm now trying to do some drifting. Heres a tip: Ford GT + road tires & no TCS + High Speed Ring = GOOD DRIFTING FUN. I love the way you steer the car as much with your feet on the pedals as you do with your hands on the wheel.

cool setup, nice and compact. Dont you find your chair rolls around when youre using it though? (providing that you're using your computer chair).

And also, nice 'litle' collection of aussie V8s you got there ;)

Nice set-up 👍 - i've got a DFP myself, had it since GT4 came out, unfortunatly i can't get on with it so it sits in a plastic bag in my wardrobe! - one of these days i'll get round to using it.

vtec_guy
cool setup, nice and compact. Dont you find your chair rolls around when youre using it though? (providing that you're using your computer chair).

And also, nice 'litle' collection of aussie V8s you got there ;)
Well its not the chair that rolls around, its the table. It is quite lightweight so on all four corners, I have huge pieces of bluetac and they are actually doing a really good job.

Yes my Aussie V8's. Love em! Here are some pics of my entire collection if your interested:

BTW: I'm expiriencing a terrible amount of lag with this site like when I'm scrolling down the page. Is that normal?

SL65AMG~V12~604
Yes my Aussie V8's. Love em! Here are some pics of my entire collection if your interested:

Very Nice!

Did you buy them from a local retailer or is there a specific online store you've used? I'm interested in starting a little collection myself so any information you'd be willing to share would be totally appreciated! 👍

Cheers.

SimRaceDriver:

SimRaceDriver
Very Nice!

Did you buy them from a local retailer or is there a specific online store you've used? I'm interested in starting a little collection myself so any information you'd be willing to share would be totally appreciated! 👍

Cheers.

SimRaceDriver:
I buy all my cars from a local retailer here in Sydney to avoid postage+handling costs. I'm not sure what a good store is in where you live but on the net, here are two-great sites for purchasing model cars. Ones Aussie (where I come from).
www.idcow.com
www.biante.com.au

yeah! i have got to agree i definitely have red, not blue, blood. go mitsubishi, not subaru! in the epic EVO v STi race, mate, im cheering the evo on!

ahem, ok moving a little off topic but yeah, interesting execution of the DFP setup... i particularly like that it folds under the bed. very clever, and nicely done mate!

SL65AMG~V12~604
I buy all my cars from a local retailer here in Sydney to avoid postage+handling costs. I'm not sure what a good store is in where you live but on the net, here are two-great sites for purchasing model cars. Ones Aussie (where I come from).
www.idcow.com
www.biante.com.au

Thanks for the info!

I'll check those sites out...👍

PS: I live in the U.S.

ChompOnRice
ah yes. pink blood. forgot about that... i stand corrected on that issue at least.
What the hell are you guys talking about :dunce:
Fairlady240zg
Thats pretty cool it folds under the bed. Did you purchase this thing then modify it so it folds up, or did you make the whole thing?
Custom built yes. The black matches the wheel aswell :)
Devedander
You need a new chair, and what's with the butt tissue? :D

Nice car collection though!
Thats one of those dusters that picks up...dust I guess. I just gave the new table thingy a wipe down.

SimRaceDriver
Thanks for the info!

I'll check those sites out...👍

PS: I live in the U.S.
Thats ok, and I know you live in the States - Saw your profile.

Sorry for the questions..Im trying to build one here soon. Did you use existing pieces of a table, or something? Can you show how it folds?
If I build something like this Ill give ya credit.. :)

Fairlady240zg
Sorry for the questions..Im trying to build one here soon. Did you use existing pieces of a table, or something? Can you show how it folds?
If I build something like this Ill give ya credit.. :)
Thats fine. I don't have my digital camera with me now but I'll get pics of all the hinges, how it folds etc etc either tonight or tomorrow for you.

Yes it was cut up using pieces of an existing table. Its only a small table so the remains of a previous desk were more than enough.

Its very lightweight which means it will slide around madly when your in some serious oversteer in an M5 :D I fixed that completly using four huge pieces of blue-tac on the corners. It does the job perfectly surprisingly. Just make sure they are nice big pieces!

I'll try and get those pics for you.

My first post in this BB.

This was a nice set-up! 👍

What are the measurements?

I'm toying with the idea of building something myself, instead of the temporary solution of an old coffetable and huge amounts of books to raise it up every time I want to drive with the wheel.

AloOla
My first post in this BB.

This was a nice set-up! 👍

What are the measurements?

I'm toying with the idea of building something myself, instead of the temporary solution of an old coffetable and huge amounts of books to raise it up every time I want to drive with the wheel.
LOL I had the coffee table with our White Pages directory's under the legs...its didn't work so I got this fixed up for me. I don't have the measurements but the next few pics should give you an idea.

Fairlady240zg
Great. Thanks for the info!! :dopey:
Ok, just for you:

Unpacked on the ground:

Closeup - hinges

Connecting...

Ok, everything done except the backing...get a good look at it

A closeup of the hinge thingy where the backing gets connected to

Its up...just the backing to be put on

The backing just before connection

The backing just after connection

etc etc you know the rest...

Sorry for the late reply. Hope that helps!

BTW: In total, this cost me $90AUD including everything.

I have a question about the DFP.... How can people put in a platform and make it unmoveble? Does it has some sort of claws?

Thanks anyway

(I know that this is off-topic but IT'S ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THEN CREATING A NEW ONE)

:cheers:

mprata
I have a question about the DFP.... How can people put in a platform and make it unmoveble? Does it has some sort of claws?

Thanks anyway

(I know that this is off-topic but IT'S ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THEN CREATING A NEW ONE)

:cheers:
Well as I said earlier in the thread, this particular table is very lightweight and moves around like crazy. It would be un-useable however I got 4-huge pieces of blue-tac and pasted them on the 4-corners. It works perfectly and keeps it solid in place. Only problem is, it best that I don't regularly pack my setup away or else the blue-tac looses its stickyness.

If your on a carpetted flood however, you should ask someone else..

Latest Posts

Back