Picture quality on a north american ps2 (modchipped)

Hey guys ive been a long time lurker in the GT4 forums, but a first time poster. i have a version 3**** ps2 with an unkown modchip, i have the PAL version gt4 prologue and it will boot and play fine but the picture is only in black and white and the screen itself seems stretched veritcally. i did a quick search and found some people suggesting a SCART cable, anyone care to explain what that is exactly or if there is any other way to fix the problem? thanks in advance!

a scart is a cable with an end containing 15 pins shaped like a rhombus.
it will only fit into a scart socket in the back of your tv/monitor.
this will give a higher picture quality than conventional aerials will, but will not stop your picture from being stretched vertically if you havent tuned your tv in properly man!
sounds like you need a new tv or to tune it right.
otherwise, get a scart connection, you should have gotten one with your ps2, if not, ask any electrical retailer and they will show you one.
look on the back of your tv, is there a rectangular shape hole with a corner bent in?
thats the scart socket, you need something that fits in there.

well the tv im using now is fairly new but has no extra imputs, just co-axial cable and thats it. im running the RCA signals thru a VCR to get a cable output. i do however have a panasonic 52" projection that may have a scart in, try it on that and see what happens

If you have a gameshark just put this in and you will be all set. I play with swap Magic swap disk and it works great for GTC2002 pal and GT4 pal 👍
If anyone has the 3.3 magic swap disk (only $20) they don't even need any Gameshark code. It will load automatically with a perfect screen. But here is the GS code for you since you have a modchip.

60 Hertz Mode GS2V3

249037A8 7270D78B

CAMAROBOY69
If you have a gameshark just put this in and you will be all set. I play with swap Magic swap disk and it works great for GTC2002 pal and GT4 pal 👍
If anyone has the 3.3 magic swap disk (only $20) they don't even need any Gameshark code. It will load automatically with a perfect screen. But here is the GS code for you since you have a modchip.

60 Hertz Mode GS2V3

249037A8 7270D78B
Is the gameshark codes is for all Pal games?

Ryosuke_Gumna
Is the gameshark codes is for all Pal games?
No I believe that code is for only GT4 Prologue. I am not certain though so you could try it but I dont think it would work.

Back