Picture quality/resolution problem, 300dbi/dpi

• Thread starter SpideRi
  • 33 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to enter one of my chops to an competition held by finnisf magazine, but i encountered an problem...
The rules say that the picture must be at least 10 x 15 cm size and the resolution has to be 300dbi. Now my first question is that what is dbi? was it supposed to be dpi? and then i would like to know how to make an old chop to 300 dpi? i was thinking of sending my Swift chop original or my latest Torana chop original but i don't know are these pics quality enough to meet the reguirements? when i have tried it, on my own wierd way ,even the original pics haven't been good enough... :grumpy: but i'm quessing that i'm not doing it right, so that's why i'm asking. Could somebody try to fullfill these requirements and if it works then explain how to do it?
I't would help me so much... Thanks to everybody who botheres to answer!

Your images should be fine. I opened them in photoshop and it said that they were about 30cm by 22cm. You should check the number of pixels per inch, not dot's per inch. DPI is how many dot's per inch when printing.

So is dbi=pixels per inch?

I'm not quite sure if i understood you right, but like you said the swift should be big enough... Problem was that it was 100 pixels/inch... Well don't know if this is the right way to do it but i opened the image size setup and inserted this setup: Width 20cm, Height 15cm, Resolution 300 pixels/inch
and this is the huge pic i got now. I think it's allright now... it looks huge on screen but when i printed it, it was 20x15 cm... Still not quite sure if it is 300dbi/dpi...

cardude2004: Thanks for the help...

DBI= PERL DataBase Inerface module, which is website coding; so i'm thinking that the guy just made a typo. DPI=dots per inch when printed. DPI on screen will look huge, however it should print at the right dimensions. its just that 72dpi is standard for viewing on a computer screen, or on the web; 300 DPI is common for printing; simply makes it a high-resolution image :)

Yeah, DPI, Dots Per Inch is the print resolution, whereas, PPI, Pixels Per Inch is how many pixels show up per inch on the screen. Your pictures was actually oversized before and you didn't need to add any pixels per inch. They would print it to the correct resolution of 300 DPI after you sent them the digital image, unless you are printing it and entering, then print it at 300 DPI yourself.

You didnt even do most of that car all you did is add the logos and sticker, and for everyone who wants proof go on http://photomodssite.tk/ click the picture then go to virtual cars and then to the bottom, my mate done this car and you stole it! So dont claim it

And im betting half your other cars are stolen, you have been foiled

Nik121
You didnt even do most of that car all you did is add the logos and sticker, and for everyone who wants proof go on http://photomodssite.tk/ click the picture then go to virtual cars and then to the bottom, my mate done this car and you stole it! So dont claim it

I sorry to spoil your "I found an theif"-thing, but the real theif is your friend.
That's my chop and i have done it from the start to finish. I have actually done two versions of it and both are damn old too. So the real theif is your friend!

Or how do you explain the overall better quality on my chop?

And can your friend explain why he has put my name on his mod? :sly:
My real name is Sami Saarinen -> S. Saarinen
and my cousins name is Joni Hämäläinen -> J. Hämäläinen
Does he even know which country has that kind of flag or where it's located?
Well i can. It's finlands flag and it can be found in scandinavia between Sweden and Russia.

If thats not enough, i have many friends who have seen wip's when making that chop. So those guys can prove me right if you want.

Here's other proof of stealing...
Your friends: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b34/wendellakamad/fiat1.jpg
Pete Smith's (www.digimods.co.uk )
http://www.digimods.co.uk/images/Virtualcarimages/cars/vwgolf2.jpg

Btw say to your friend that he's lousy ****er and he should do he's own chops. 👎

And YOU really should check your facts before blaiming others. I have never stole anything from others chops and i never will! So all my chops have been done only by me, not your lousy friends!

SpideRi
I sorry to spoil your "I found an theif"-thing, but the real theif is your friend.
That's my chop and i have done it from the start to finish. I have actually done two versions of it and both are damn old too. So the real theif is your friend!

Or how do you explain the overall better quality on my chop?

Couldn't that just be a coincidende ? ;)

I guess Adam and Jamie would call that one Busted..

You've got some nice chopping skills there !...

I saw my friend do this mod through the stages, i exactly remember him doing the subs in the front bumper because he got the one on the left wrong first time.

Ill admit, he has been known to bull**** but he has never (i think) seen your car without the stickers.

If you show me a picture of the car before the stickers then my opinion may change, i also noticed my friend has different wheels and his are bigger so he may of put them over.

Nik121

I saw my friend do this mod through the stages, i exactly remember him doing the subs in the front bumper because he got the one on the left wrong first time.

Ill admit, he has been known to bull**** but he has never (i think) seen your car without the stickers.

If you show me a picture of the car before the stickers then my opinion may change, i also noticed my friend has different wheels and his are bigger so he may of put them over.

Ask your friend how he came up with the names on the window ;)

SpideRi
He's got you, and your friend, there, Nik.

Nik121

So you saw him putting the subs in the front bumber... so? Not very hard to do, you know. Just copy/paste and it's finished.

And yes you are correct that he has never seen my car without the stickers. Because it is ment to be rally/race car and i have only published it with the stickers. But if you look "his" car you can see some un-natural color changes on the side where the big sticker was. That shows how he has tryid to remove my stickers, without vey good success. Also the rear fender isn't round anymore because of that. I'm guessing that he has used clone stamp for removing the stickers. It's fairly easy on parts where the surrounding is all the same color (sideskirt). But when the color changes it leaves an ugly color change line, like in the side.

If you look at the side vent, you can see some white/grey in the shadow. It is part of the k in the suzuki logo on my car.

The wheels are not the only thing covering. Or why do you thing he has placed the original on the upper left corner? To cover my "logo" of course.

I don't have the psd file anymore because this is so old, but i have the other mod i did based on the same car/bodykit. http://koti.mbnet.fi/spide_r/Autot/Suzuki%20Swift%20modded.jpg
Few different parts and logos, but mainly the same. Now you can see it witouh the black painting.

donbenni
http://photomodssite.tk/ Is possibly one of the worst sites i've ever made. You can tell they didn't steal that design. Nice of nik to sign up here just to start trouble.

i did not come on here to start trouble at all so keep you s**t stirring posts to you self, someone told my friend that you stole the design and that angered me so i thought id come on here to tell people, but now i am doubting my friend as he has talked crap for years.

Maybe i was wrong to start coming on here mouthing off, but if you thought that your friend had doen something and someone was taking credit for it so would you.

Nik121
i did not come on here to start trouble at all so keep you s**t stirring posts to you self, someone told my friend that you stole the design and that angered me so i thought id come on here to tell people, but now i am doubting my friend as he has talked crap for years.

Maybe i was wrong to start coming on here mouthing off, but if you thought that your friend had doen something and someone was taking credit for it so would you.
You are mixing to different people here...

And yes. I would come and "defend" my friend if he was right, but before that i would make sure that i'm defending the right person. Comparing the cars aren't that hard and you can quite easily see if something dosen't match the rest. I do the comparing (between original and chop) everytime i'm giving an comment to somebody.

Now go insult your "friend" and tell him to remove the chop he has stolen from me. Like you said... I don't appreciate people taking credit from my work neither.

Nik121

Yes of course i would defend a friend, but the sort of friends i have don't need to reassure me they aren't lying before i back them up. And i wasn't sh** stirring, i was just being offensive. If anyone is sh** stirring here (also known as stirring up trouble), it's you sir.

I totally support being defensive of your work, i get people taking my stuff all the time and have to send emails to them to request that they take my work off their website, but seriously, be defensive of your work, not some 'friend'.

donbenni
Yes of course i would defend a friend, but the sort of friends i have don't need to reassure me they aren't lying before i back them up. And i wasn't sh** stirring, i was just being offensive. If anyone is sh** stirring here (also known as stirring up trouble), it's you sir.

I totally support being defensive of your work, i get people taking my stuff all the time and have to send emails to them to request that they take my work off their website, but seriously, be defensive of your work, not some 'friend'.

Trust me for a while he has been saying he done it and i fort nothing of it, then he suddenly goes to me"somebody has found someone who copied my car and sent me the link. I was angry and went of on one and im shouldnt of, well without knowing the facts. O and i ment s**t stirring as in making it worse.

i still dunno because he sent me a pic of hte car like when he was just doing the bodykit, ill post it on here when i get home!

the swift is a chop which i done a few weeks ago my mate nik cam eon here fater i informed him tha someone had stole my chop and added their own design to it, as from no wi am being doubted by nik because of what you have said. why dont you admitt you stole the chop after i had posted my link to the site on digimods.co.uk

So when did you get this version? I think you said something about this topic to him and asked for an proof. Then after couple of hours he showed this to you... am i right?

photomodssite
the swift is a chop which i done a few weeks ago my mate nik cam eon here fater i informed him tha someone had stole my chop and added their own design to it, as from no wi am being doubted by nik because of what you have said. why dont you admitt you stole the chop after i had posted my link to the site on digimods.co.uk

So when did you do this chop? I didn't quite understand... a few weeks ago?

SpideRi
So when did you get this version? I think you said something about this topic to him and asked for an proof. Then after couple of hours he showed this to you... am i right?

i showed my swift in the making to nik bcos i said i would send it to him i sent it when i said

photomodssite
i showed my swift in the making to nik bcos i said i would send it to him i sent it when i said
Could you please write more simplier so i can undestand with my bad english that what the hell you are talking about.

And i still want an answer to the upper question.

he done is car around around september/october, he sent me the unfinished versions which i put on here about half hour ago today and yesturday.

Oh man, you guys are so easy to see through! First it was two weeks ago and then you added little more to it so you get couple of months ago...

Well i have done mine over an year ago :lol: This topic has been started at Dec 08 2004, 6:38 PM. And the mod was ready way before that.

So go **** yourself stop blaiming me for your screwups!

That "wip" is very simple. It's just on original swift skaled and twisted in right angel. Then you have erased all the other crap away and left some parts ass an "making of" photo.

1. Nobody ever tilts the car before the background is installed. Because that would wast of work at that time.
2. You have covered the original blueish backroung color in windows with white. Why? Because there wasen't an blueish bg anymore it was the scenery.
3. If you look the background near the car edges, you can see small difference between the white wallpaper and the original swifts blueish background.
4. Ther is an small part of the scenery backround visible between the mirror and the rollgage at top part of the windshield.

hey man dont have ago at me im not on anyones side! your stating very good facts and im doubting my friend very much now.

Nik121
hey man dont have ago at me im not on anyones side! your stating very good facts and im doubting my friend very much now.

Oh really?

Considering all the cars I've seen on that website have stuff nicked off various other "famous" 'chops, mostly Pete's work from Digimods, in fact. I'm not doubting SpideRi here. And considering the fact you've changed your stance on the subject, it's fairly obvious you and your "mate" are the ones in denial here. You two just signed up here to cause trouble, that's fairly obvious considering all your posts are in this thread.

You two better apologize to SpideRi.

Stealing other people's work is just wrong. Quoting the original owner is fine, as long as they're happy with it, but stealing it and passing it off as your own is stupid.

If you're not as good at chopping, just admit it - there are many places that offer help. I'm useless frankly, i can just about change the colour of a wing, but i really don't care. I don't know who has stolen what exactly, and it's all rather confusing, but someone is being very immature and stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back