Pininfarina Teases Fittipaldi EF7 Vision GT Before Geneva Motor Show

There have been some silly ones, and some ugly ones, but also some interesting ones, and the odd example that turns out to inform a production model.

For me, that's pretty cool. But I can see that if you're a bit stressed by the slowness of PD, having all this 'extra' stuff is a bit annoying.

Pininfarina/Fittipaldi is an odd combo (and a mouthful of syllables) but the teaser pic is pretty alluring, looking forward to seeing this being unveiled...

81ef03fb-5672-43bd-8fe7-fd2982830d76_1.0d7404f5aa014e3e53b753f7edb929d8.jpeg

Ooooh.
The amount of salt processed for VGTs is unreal.

I don't get why certain people just post in threads or post passive aggressive statuses about how 'salty' people are, or exaggerating their arguments to ridiculous levels to try and deride them. Actually engage in discussion and make counter points, instead of hiding behind status updates or pointless "Lol salty", "People always be moaning" posts.

This is what I'm talking about.

CvYiryA.jpg

Passive aggressive mocking and exaggerations to try and get a laugh. It just makes you look unintelligent that you can't actually debate a topic. If you have something to say on a matter, say it.

Last edited:
As long as this isn't powered by Star Trek warp drive technology, have 64-wheel-drive, pull 28G cornering forces, and looks somewhat like A CAR, then it should be okay. I see this going in either Gr.1 or Gr.3.

As long as this isn't powered by Star Trek warp drive technology, have 64-wheel-drive, pull 28G cornering forces, and looks somewhat like A CAR, then it should be okay. I see this going in either Gr.1 or Gr.3.

But Gr.1 supposedly does have that, so why should this be any different from that perspective?

This Pininfarina VGT make's me mourn for the demise of Bertone and the subsequent cancellation of their VGT even more. Would have loved to have created a group scape photo between those two and the Italdesign and Zagato VGT's in an exotic location. Four of the greatest luxury car design house's concepts, all from Italy. In one picture perfect, high resolution, meticulously detailed, beautifully lighted, HDR coloured virtual photo.

Last edited:
...Hard to feel anything for an image of a totally unknown car's obscured rear-end, me personally. But hey, more the merrier, right?

Here's hoping that it's not sub 800kgs, powered by compressed air or exploding lasers and made of unobtanium. As much fun as it is to fool around in cars featuring all of those, it'd feel totally out of whack in an FIA-eSport focused game like GT:S.

However, knowing that this is a Pininfarina job, I fear it might be powered by some year 2055 fuel cell tech with a lone electric motor pumping out 2500+ horsepower. Oh well. As long as it's a looker, I might forgive all its sins.

I personally, think it's great to see another VGT announced, always been interested in the VGT program and it has produced some really interesting cars. Only gripe is that hopefully it isn't a stupidly insane car with a a billion horsepower, like the OTT Tomahawk X. Otherwise, the future technology side; I'm cool with that, find it intriguing, but again, can go overboard (looking at you Chaparral 2X...). Alway's found concept's and prototypes fascinating machines and thus enjoy the VGT program.

Hopefully a good "balance" will be struck, by which I mean it isn't too OTT or bizarre like your Chaparral's and your Tomahawks. Examples of VGT which struck that balance are the likes of the Lexus LF-LC VGT, Toyota FT-1 and BMW Visio; and even the Alpines, so hopefully the Pininfarina VGT will follow along those lines.

So we now have 3 VGT cars that will have been unveiled but not yet playable.

Why must they torture us? :lol:

Looking from the partnership between renown design company and Formula 1 legend, this car might focus on pure driving dynamics combined with gorgeus Italian styling. This VGT might be the first concept car that focus not on the sci-fi billion horsepower, laser propelled engine kind of stuff, instead it is just a "car" that is fun to drive, a drivers car. Maybe they gonna use hybrid or electric as the motor, like other manufacturers did right now.

Or they just can bring the normally aspirated V12 on the hood...

Edit : This is from the Pininfarina official homepage

Art meets Speed: a Champion’s Dream, German Engineering and Italian Design
Introducing the Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina

Fittipaldi Motors presents the first of a series of cars born from the mind of iconic world champion driver and 2 time Indy 500 winner, Emerson Fittipaldi. His sole mission was to apply all his track knowledge on creating a new experience that will elevate the driving ability of all super car enthusiasts from around the world.

The car is being developed in collaboration with Pininfarina and HWA, and will also be available in the Gran Turismo series, the Sony PlayStation racing franchise.

The Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina EF7 will be presented March 7th 2017 at the Geneva International Motor Show - Pininfarina stand.

Further details of the Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina will be revealed in the next days.

http://www.pininfarina.com/en/homepage/homepage.htm

Last edited:
I don't get why certain people just post in threads or post passive aggressive statuses about how 'salty' people are, or exaggerating their arguments to ridiculous levels to try and deride them. Actually engage in discussion and make counter points, instead of hiding behind status updates or pointless "Lol salty", "People always be moaning" posts.

Actually engage in discussion and make counter points, instead of hiding behind status updates or pointless "Lol salty", "People always be moaning" posts.

I'm honestly not sure if you're aware of how difficult this is in the GTS subforum

Also, next time you insult my intelligence, you should totally tag me first.

I'm honestly not sure if you're aware of how difficult this is in the GTS subforum

Are you making it any easier?

Because they're simulating what the cars would be like if they did function. Does that clarify things?

Except it's impossible? How can you simulate something in the 'real driving' simulator if laser propulsion doesn't, and can't exist?

This is what I'm talking about.

CvYiryA.jpg

Passive aggressive mocking and exaggerations to try and get a laugh. It just makes you look unintelligent that you can't actually debate a topic. If you have something to say on a matter, say it.

Really.

Way to go ahead and screenshot those select members and show the community how much of a blaring idiot they are.

The reason as to why I don't even ever engage in discussions like these is because this has been discussed and argued over and over and over to the point of straight up exhaustion to me, and it just feels annoying. If someone was to say "Don't drive the VGTs then" or "I see nothing wrong with the VGTs" It will be the exact same situation of (insert whoever says such a thing here) being in the absolute wrong while the people who feel the opposite way see them as an idiot and tear them apart.

SVX
Sorry, did I insult your intelligence?

...Dude, chill.

Last edited:
From a car enthusiast's perspective, I'm excited because it's been a while since Pininfarina has released something special (ever since they stopped cooperating with Ferrari), and I'd love to see what their design language will be like going forward .

From a GT fan's perspective however, I'm disappointed that another one of GTS's already limited car roster will be filled by a concept car, rather than, say, a historic race car.

By the way its interesting how laser propulsion, which has been a thing since at least the 70s doesn't exist and can't exist now because we're discussing Gran Turismo

Explains how they have a running prototype of it right? Ah, wait.

Is that why you posted it as a status update, then? So you wouldn't have to try?

Way to go ahead and screenshot those select members and show the community how much of a blaring idiot they are
Boo hoo. I'm sure Samus is all torn up about screen capping something they willingly posted on the index of the forum.

By the way its interesting how laser propulsion, which has been a thing since at least the 70s doesn't exist and can't exist now because we're discussing Gran Turismo
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/should-vgt-go-die.346641/page-5#post-11401137

SVX
Explains how they have a running prototype of it right? Ah, wait.
That's not related to the merits of the car, you mention laser propulsion as not existing at all, but sure the 2x doesn't exist

Except it's not even known if it is possible or not. NASA's certainly planning to give it a go http://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-sc...ulsion-system-that-could-reach-mars-in-3-days

Again, it's simulating how it would work if it did. It's not called a concept car for nothing.

...in the Real Driving Simulator.

That's not related to the merits of the car, you mention laser propulsion as not existing at all, but sure the 2x doesn't exist

I meant 'the' laser propulsion. Which evidently - isn't theoretically possible in the levels displayed in the concept car.

Back