Pirelli Porsche RSR Trophy Season 2 -Cancelled Due To Low Entries

*has vastly improved and more enjoyable race 2, still finishes 6th.* :lol::lol:

It was the slight twitch on acceleration by Hardy that gave me nudge on my front left, because we were running alongside and I was also accelerating out of the turn, meant I was starting to accelerate sideways right into the inside wall. It's just a race incident that can happen. I saw the replay, so I didn't report it here.

What track time are we racing on for Catalunya? Also, any specific notes on track limits here?
Track time for practice will be 16:30 and 20:00 for qualifying and the races.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310110851.png

Kerbs will be allowed for track limits at these corners;
-Turn 2: Wheels are allowed as far as the red/white sausage kerb
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111115.png

Turn 3 Exit: Two wheels can go as far as to the astroturf
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111247.png

Turn 5 Exit: Two wheels only as far as the white jagged outside kerbs
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111323.png

Turn 8: The very limit of acceptable here. Two wheels as far as the astroturf/ sausage kerbs.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111426.png

Turn 9: White jagged is the outer limit
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111450.png

Turn 10 Exit: Yellow sausage kerb dictates the outer limit
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111515.png

Turn 11: Two wheels can go to the astroturf
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111546.png

Turn 12 Exit: Two wheels as far as the astroturf
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111609.png

Turn 14/15: Kerbs are fine here as long as you don't go too far over the sausage kerbs.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111640.png

Turn 16: White jagged kerbs are the outer limit.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190310111711.png

Now why can't all series do visual aids like this? Very helpful.

That said, I'm still going to hate this race weekend because I can never seem to find a groove at this track. Better start hunting for some freely available setups if anyone has any for this track to at least give me a chance.

This is it. The season finale. 2 races left and a champion will be crowned. Didn't think I'd get to this point but we've made it. Please confirm your attendance for this Saturday.

#5 - LEDTHEIRON - @LedtheIron
#6 - gedazz_uk - @gedazz
#7 - RaycesAA - @Ray Verma
#10 - Street-King-07 - @AudiMan2011
#13 - OnE-JoKeR - @Sting
#23 - Akbargaming23 - @Ak23
#25 - CrazyJohnIsHere - @CrazyJohn
#26 - The_Noir_Antares - @Antares26
#28 - WILO28 - @Wilo28
#32 - GTP_RACECAR - @RACECAR
#34 - dabz343 - @dabz343
#42 - Canita - @Jeff Castillo
#51 - The-Flash05 - @TheFlash05
#52 - WhiteFlight1 - @WhiteFlight1
#55 - WaikeCU - @WaikeCU
#79 - GTP_formidable - @Formidable
#808 - Flash_Sweden - @Flash_Sweden
#96 - cshardy62096

Last edited:
A note to USA drivers: Due to Daylight Savings in the USA, tonight's lobby will be open at 4pm EDT for east coasters and 3pm CDT for those further inland.

EU drivers are unaffected as our daylight savings haven't come into effect yet.

Also waiting on confirmation from several drivers:
@TheFlash05
@Wilo28
@LedtheIron

I’m going to have to pull out due to illness. Wasn’t looking forward to that track anyway but annoyed that I can’t finish off the season. Good luck all.

So who’s champ? Noir right?

Unofficially right now, Noir is provisional champion. However there's more track limits issues reagrding the top 2 I need to look at after receiving another report. So results won't be available for a few days.

Unofficially right now, Noir is provisional champion. However there's more track limits issues reagrding the top 2 I need to look at after receiving another report. So results won't be available for a few days.

Oh gee wasn’t expecting to hear that..... shame there isn’t a Race of Champions style track to sort out a champion by having the two potentials go head to head. Don’t envy your position.

What better way to decide a championship. :lol:

Two weeks now someone's been crying foul.

And it’s not me.
I couldn’t even be bothered anymore for Race 2 anyway looking how my championship already got decided in Race 1. Seems fair as well, since @CrazyJohn DC’ed before the start last race. ;)

Why investigate? Just announce it as it is. If track limits are a big issue then Monza would have to be reviewed as well.

Last edited:
And it’s not me.
I couldn’t even be bothered anymore for Race 2 anyway looking how my championship already got decided in Race 1. Seems fair as well, since @CrazyJohn DC’ed before the start last race. ;)

Why investigate? Just announce it as it is. If track limits are a big issue then Monza would have to be reviewed as well.
Because someone bothered to bring it up as soon as the race ended when no one even bothered back in Monza?

I got tagged back in Red Bull Ring for track limits cause someone reported, though I acknowledged it was fair despite not being provided the visual evidence used in the review. When I look back at my replay I would've penalized myself as well.

Even though I believe I observed track limits a lot better this time, I guess someone still thought otherwise.

Not me either, as I don't have the mood to report someone that beat me fair and square the day before yesterday for "abusing track limits".

Because someone bothered to bring it up as soon as the race ended when no one even bothered back in Monza?

I got tagged back in Red Bull Ring for track limits cause someone reported, though I acknowledged it was fair despite not being provided the visual evidence used in the review. When I look back at my replay I would've penalized myself as well.

Even though I believe I observed track limits a lot better this time, I guess someone still thought otherwise.

We (@CrazyJohn and I) had a massive dogfight on Monza. I believe we were occasionally off the track, but we didn't really made contact other than a few rubs here and there. Like they say, rubbin is racing at times. It was the greatest dogfight I've ever had on GTS, so massive respect for the racing that day Greek peasant! ;) Running two aside through the Lesmos and chicanes, it was for me the highlight of this Championship for me that specific race!

The reason nobody reported anything back then was probably, because we both drove off into the distance, so it was only us two that knew what had happened.

It's really disrespectful to report someone:

1) You're not even racing against.
2) You're not even fighting the Championship title with

Shame someone thought otherwise and had to intervene the Championship fight. Counts also for my race.

I do want to say something regarding the last race of the season when the Championship is on the line. I honestly believe that in the last race of the season, only drivers who have driven more than 1 round of the season, can participate:
Imagine if you're leading the Championship and the driver 2nd in the standings needs to win to stand a chance in winning the Championship. Imagine if a guy who has a record of being one of the 'faster' guys joins and smokes us all in the last race of the season. You see where I'm going?

However, I do understand that with the lack of participants, the Championship needs more drivers and thus people are allowed to drive.

Results from Catalunya
Position (Gap to Leader)
  1. The_Noir_Antares - 10 pts
  2. CrazyJohnIsHere (+14.429) - 8 pts
  3. GTP_RACECAR (+44.820) - 6 pts
  4. dabz343 (+54.456) - 5 pts
  5. gedazz_uk (+1:03.747) - 4 pts
  6. WaikeCU (+1:14.737) - 3 pts
  7. Street-King-07 (+1 Lap) - 2 pts
Position (Gap to Leader)
  1. The_Noir_Antares - 10 pts
  2. CrazyJohnIsHere (+1.912) - 8 pts
  3. dabz343 (+30.124) - 6 pts
  4. GTP_RACECAR (+30.648) - 5 pts
  5. gedazz_uk (+56.308) - 4 pts
  6. Street-King-07 (+1:17.130) - 3 pts
  1. The_Noir_Antares - 72 pts
  2. CrazyJohnIsHere - 71 pts
  3. WaikeCU - 53 pts
  4. Street-King-07 - 37 pts
  5. LedTheIron - 28 pts
  6. dabz343 - 27 pts
  7. gedazz_uk - 23 pts
  8. GTP_RACECAR - 17 pts
  9. The-Flash05 - 17 pts
  10. OnE-JoKeR - 15 pts
  11. cshardy62096 - 10 pts
  12. WhiteFlight1 - 8 pts
  13. wilo28 - 7 pts
  14. RaycesAA - 0 pts
  15. CSSdk - 0 pts
Race 1, Lap 1 (Waike/dabz/Street-King) - There was slight contact by Waike which sent dabz sliding wide. Once dbaz slid back across the track, Waike was just really in the wrong place and got collected by both dabz and me. Pretty much a racing incident due to the Lap 1 scramble. No action taken.

Race 2, Multiple laps (dabz/RACECAR) The defensive moves seen by dabz were largely acceptable except for Lap 8 where he moved across in front of RACECAR in T1. It was aggressive but on the limit of a fair defense as he didn't move under braking before the corner. The laps that dabz moved to the inside on the front straight looked like a standard defense tactic used. No action taken.

Race 1/Race 2, Multiple laps (Noir/CJ) - This was the most difficult and stressful to judge. Most of the time the track limits were clean and largely within the limits I specified. However there were liberties being taken a few times in both races, but the context of the championship also has to b brought into the picture. Both Noir and CJ were in a critical situation and I feel that giving a time penalty to one or the other would be unfair to everyone. No action taken.

@CrazyJohn @Antares26 @RACECAR @WaikeCU @gedazz @dabz343

The season is finally over, and the winner of the first Pirelli Porsche RSR Trophy is officially @Antares26.
With my first hosted season in the books, it's time I address what I have planned for the future.

I'm not going to beat about the bush here, running a racing series is hard and I have huge sympathy for those who also run their own championships. Trying to keep a bunch of people together (both veterans and newcomers) is a stressful thing and clearly there's still a lot of work to be done, especially in regards to driving standards.

However, I want to try and improve this series and retain decent member numbers. I wasn't so sure at the start of the season but I can confirm that there will be a second season happening. However, largely due to commitments in other series throughout this year, I also need time to properly figure out how to address the issues of driving standards at the start of races as well as other issues. That's why Season 2 will be penciled in to start in the beginning of 2020.

Here is what I have confirmed for Season 2 and what's in the works;
  • Expanded calendar. Season 2 will increase from 5 rounds to 8 or 10 rounds depending on what tracks are added in future updates.
  • Special Night Endurance Finale at Bathurst with double points on offer. Race distance will likely be 300km or 320km.
  • Bonus points for pole position and fastest lap are under consideration.
  • Monza likely to be replaced by Maggiore GP
  • Fuji likely to be replaced by Suzuka or Autopolis
  • Penalty and track limits rules will be revised and clarified
  • Formation of a stewards panel to deal with incident reports
These are what's currently planned at the moment and those under consideration are all subject to change. I hope you'll all stick with me for when Season 2 begins next year.

@CrazyJohn @Antares26 @TheFlash05 @Sting @RACECAR @Clayton Hardy @dabz343 @Wilo28 @LedtheIron @WaikeCU @WhiteFlight1 @gedazz

Back