PITS 2-[Project International Touring Series 2]PS4 

• Thread starter Alex ONeill
  • 5,565 comments
I think I'm around the same time. The AI is doing 2:02 flat when set to PRO. Do you remember what your left front tire looked like?

My left front seemed fine, good temps, and was wearing at the same rate as the right front. How is your left front?

As far as the AI time, that is completely impossible to do in real life, that is why I think so many players a complaining about them right now.

Last edited:
My left front seemed fine, good temps, and was wearing at the same rate as the right front. How is your left front?

As far as the AI time, that is completely impossible to do in real life, that is why I think so many players a complaining about them right now.
My left front was wearing out quicker and a lot greener than the rest. I didn't do anything with tire pressure, but you can bet I screwed the heck out of the setup, trying to reach the impossible 2:02s.

So I had a glitch just now (Running the Huracon ST at COTA) where, I went back to the pits, did some setup changes, and when I left apparently my oil temps were at 300 degrees, blew the motor right away and caught me off guard because I hadn't been having temp issues or blown motors at all. Went back to the pits and it didn't reset right away. I did a reload of my car setup and that seemed to fix it...? Anybody else have this happen?

So I had a glitch just now (Running the Huracon ST at COTA) where, I went back to the pits, did some setup changes, and when I left apparently my oil temps were at 300 degrees, blew the motor right away and caught me off guard because I hadn't been having temp issues or blown motors at all. Went back to the pits and it didn't reset right away. I did a reload of my car setup and that seemed to fix it...? Anybody else have this happen?

Not a glitch, just extreme realism. You were in the pits too long with the engine running. :banghead: Your pit crew did not place the required fans in the front of the car to blow cool air and imitate actual driving. Do you have those fans mapped on one of your buttons?:confused::confused:

upload_2017-9-29_17-13-30.png

I have not tested this yet, but it looks like somebody thinks this will work....

"In order to stop the virtual mirror from disappearing go to the main menu and set your HUD to lite/minimal there. Then during a race session go to the Edit HUD screen and edit the minimal HUD and enable whichever HUD items you want displayed, such as the virtual mirror and relative times. Then hit the save button and your HUD will actually be saved. Hope this helps some people..." I found it here

Good Afternoon Guys,

Thanks to everyone for coming out today for Round 1 of the new season on Project Cars 2. I want apologize for the delays, but it was the first time running an official room with the new settings. Next week we will make sure to stay on schedule. Alex, will take care of the points for Round 1. We still had room from some more drivers today, so if there is anyone you know who would like to attend next week, let us know.

Best Regards,

-Haz

I watched one of the races. Good job @HazardLvL4 I was super excited for you on lap 13 or so I think when you really nailed T19 and instantly gained half a second on your top time. I was commenting on Twitch that I thought you needed to get back to the gas a tad earlier and you could really put the pressure on the top 2 (at the time). Good show!

Had a good race #1 going great until my 40 second tire change. Still squeaked a runner up spot though. And thanks @HazardLvL4 for the shared setup and nice wins. Also explaining how to save setups only in the create new setup slot.
Race #2 was going great too. I was just riding along In my automobile, bam the wheel comes disconnected. I reach up to unplug and re-plug it back in, I hit the damn eject button.
Next practice should be a lot better knowing that soft tires might not be so suitable for this car. PS. I blew two hair pin turns wide in quality, 2:05's might be possible at COTA.

The new tuning calculator spread sheet has been released. Go over here for more info.

Here ye, here ye, the preliminary version of the suspension calculator for Project CARS 2 is upon us. I haven't had time to prepare anything for this release other than the calculator itself and some very basic instructions. In the near future I intend to make some videos explaining it a bit more, but those of you familiar with my work on the Project CARS suspension calculator of yore can get a start on it now, as well as those clever enough to figure it out by themselves. =)

The download link be here:

Project CARS 2 Suspension Calculator for Excel and OpenOffice

Had a good race #1 going great until my 40 second tire change. Still squeaked a runner up spot though. And thanks @HazardLvL4 for the shared setup and nice wins. Also explaining how to save setups only in the create new setup slot.
Race #2 was going great too. I was just riding along In my automobile, bam the wheel comes disconnected. I reach up to unplug and re-plug it back in, I hit the damn eject button.
Next practice should be a lot better knowing that soft tires might not be so suitable for this car. PS. I blew two hair pin turns wide in quality, 2:05's might be possible at COTA.

What wheel do you run? I run a T300 RS and updated it this weekend to Firmware 25. I was having an issue last week where the wheel would suddenly open up the PSN screen and bring up the options menu in the game. I have not had this issue since I updated the firmware on the wheel. (knocks on wood).

I've had that problem too Hazard. Got a T300 a few months back, and on PC it was fine (used it on PCARS on PC for at least 100 hours). On PS4, it's pressed the PS button, Options button, and Up on Dpad (it hit this twice during the races). Does that firmware update confirm a fix for that?

Had some fun racing this weekend guys. There's still so many bugs that affected my race weekend though. Lobbies are buggy, so many cases of being kicked when I join, and not remembering liveries picked. I wish it would remember your last selected pit strategy when you enter a room at a certain track with the same car too. Also, had lots of problems with new tires being fitted at double the tire pressure than I requested (should have been 21 PSI cold, they were 42), which made for a really tough front end to work with.

I'm away this weekend, so won't be able to race with you guys. I'll be back next week for Long Beach though! A street track like that will be tough in the Super Trofeo. Very little room for error with a car that doesn't like to turn as much as you think!

I've had that problem too Hazard. Got a T300 a few months back, and on PC it was fine (used it on PCARS on PC for at least 100 hours). On PS4, it's pressed the PS button, Options button, and Up on Dpad (it hit this twice during the races). Does that firmware update confirm a fix for that?

Had some fun racing this weekend guys. There's still so many bugs that affected my race weekend though. Lobbies are buggy, so many cases of being kicked when I join, and not remembering liveries picked. I wish it would remember your last selected pit strategy when you enter a room at a certain track with the same car too. Also, had lots of problems with new tires being fitted at double the tire pressure than I requested (should have been 21 PSI cold, they were 42), which made for a really tough front end to work with.

I don't know if Thrustmaster ever confirmed that Firmware Update 25 was a true fix for those issues.

I don't know if Thrustmaster ever confirmed that Firmware Update 25 was a true fix for those issues.

I'll update it and hopefully have a go this week or next, and report back. The random button press is frustrating. It cost me a race win in a pub race as it paused mid corner and sent me straight into a wall.....

37373131432_116f10c0ff_o-860x485.png

Content Leak Reveals New Porsches for Project CARS 2
PROJECT CARS 2 39 October 2, 2017 by Gary Slater
Following a PSN Store leak which revealed details of the upcoming DLC packs for Project CARS 2, it seems the content of one of the packs has already been found.

When the game launched, PCARS2 came with eleven Porsches available from day one, but it appears that more may be on the way. One GTPlanet member uncovered several new Porsche cars buried in the files of the PC version.

Project-CARS-2-Porsche-Carrera-GT-2003-800x250.jpg

The game files contain nine Porsches, from the Carrera GT above, to the legendary 917K and last year’s 919 Hybrid LMP1 machine. With the DLC plans listing eight cars per pack, it will be interesting to see how many cars will form part of the Porsche pack. The full list:

• 1970 Porsche 917K
  • 1971 Porsche 908/03
  • 1971 Porsche 917 Long Tail
  • 1972 Porsche 917/10K
  • 1978 Porsche 935
  • 1987 Porsche 959
  • 1987 Porsche 961
  • 2003 Porsche Carrera GT
  • 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid
For PCARS1, Slightly Mad Studios included one car free each month, but it remains to be seen if the DLC plan for PCARS2 will follow the same path. One of these models could be free, or find its way into the Le Mans Pack. Either way, the PCARS2 Porsche pack will be one of four DLC packs covered by the Season Pass. It’s due out some time between now and autumn 2018.

With details yet to be known on the DLC packs, we expect news from SMS soon on the contents and release dates.

Thanks to Alxander for the tip!

Featured image by Nato_777

Back