[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

• Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
main-qimg-7c6148068e8b37e4818dbbb90c816398

@HazardLvL4 dam you and F1 crashed (land mine) and I split you guys.

@sharkie there's a live stream 1 page back

Yup, it was another landmine. F1, and I have now hit one, or multiples, every single race this season. Clearly for us the car is glitched out.

Landmines ruind a podium finish for me at Laguna and Hockenheim, stole potential wins from me at Road America, and tonight at Watkins.

I'm sure Voviks stream was much more entertaining :lol:

Even though I was running solo for a good chunk of the races, I had fun! Will have to see what I can do about tuning/tire wear because my left front was wearing much faster than you guys, I think. As a SNAIL spec racer, we dont have to worry about all these tuning shenanigans :ouch:

Thanks guys

Edit: Help!
So I went back to watch @vovik05 's stream to see how his tires were compared to mine. I'm on the left, Vovik on right. I paused the stream on both feeds when my front left reached zero green visibile (Race timer 16:00 R1, 11:30 R2)

6ZimWq2.png

I was using @SGETI 's setup he posted in the thread a few posts back, but I messed with the tire pressure a little bit. Everything else was the same. Now what could cause this? Am I driving the car too hard? Or maybe its because I'm on a controller, so the wheels get more abused? @Lessen ?

If this is something I'm going to have to battle each race, I might just have to wait until I get a wheel to join you guys. Any feedback or ideas are much appreciated because I dont have a clue, I'm a total PCars noob. Thanks!

5c4.jpg

Last edited:
@SAMHAIN85

Tire pressures will have a tremendous effect on wear. I think the jury is still out on controller being a factor or not. since most drivers don't do both it's kind of hard to get a good baseline comparison of the difference with the exact same driving style. But I do agree that it is certainly feasible that we tend to abuse the fronts more because we have less game feedback telling us when we're doing it wrong.

Good Afternoon All,

As I have previously noted the landmine issues with this car have become ridiculous. Every race this season I have been hit by one, and it has substantially impacted my overall finishes. Currently, I have struck landmines in 4/6 races. I have enough experimental data to confidently conclude that I will hit more in the remaining two races. Last night I was struck by a big landmine heading down the straight into the bus-stop. The car came to a complete stop, shifted into neutral, and then brought up my share screen. My teammate was behind me and not prepared for my car to go from 150+ mph down to 0 mph, instantly. Thus, he struck the back of my car and flipped me over, plus destroying his car in the process. I felt very bad that this happened to him due to a landmine that struck my car. The fact is that a landmine destroyed two drivers' races last night. Obviously it is the car that is the glitched item, and not the tracks. I have driven at all of these tracks previously in other cars and had no landmine issues. To be completely transparent up until this season I had not hit a landmine in over a year in PCars. The last landmine I struck was with the Renault RS01 at Nurburgring GP. I see no point in continuing to spend Monday and Tuesday night practicing to setup a car that is just going to get landmined during the race, and ruining my overall experience. I also don't want to impact anyone else's race due to a landmine. Thus, I am pulling out of the remainder of the season. I will return next season with the new car.

Just to preface, I am not mad, I am not blaming anyone, and I am not quitting PITS as an organization.

Regards,

I completely agree with Hazard, a least once every race I too have hit a "landmine". It's heart breaking to spend Monday and Tuesday nights setup up a car, just to get your race ruined by something you can't control. With that said I will be pulling out of the remaining race of this season. I will return next season no matter what the cars is. Also it has be very fun running with all of you guys, the competition and the racing is great.

Even though I was running solo for a good chunk of the races, I had fun! Will have to see what I can do about tuning/tire wear because my left front was wearing much faster than you guys, I think. As a SNAIL spec racer, we dont have to worry about all these tuning shenanigans :ouch:

Thanks guys

So I went back to watch @vovik05 's stream to see how his tires were compared to mine. I'm on the left, Vovik on right. I paused the stream on both feeds when my front left reached zero green visibile (Race timer 16:00 R1, 11:30 R2)

6ZimWq2.png

I was using @SGETI 's setup he posted in the thread a few posts back, but I messed with the tire pressure a little bit. Everything else was the same. Now what could cause this? Am I driving the car too hard? Or maybe its because I'm on a controller, so the wheels get more abused? @Lessen ?

If this is something I'm going to have to battle each race, I might just have to wait until I get a wheel to join you guys. Any feedback or ideas are much appreciated because I dont have a clue, I'm a total PCars noob. Thanks!

5c4.jpg

Just looking at your live feed I'd speculate that the wear could be directly correlated to input from controller. I didn't know you were rocking a controller until I was closely following you and @ONESPACE midway through the first stint in race 2. Any particular reason you're on controller? (sorry if this horse has been beat to death for you ;) )
In my personal experience I haven't noticed that drastic of a change of tire pressures on wear that you've experienced yesterday but I'm sure that has something to do with it too.

Also, I've used @SGETI 's setup this last race as well. I had tire pressures at 1.70 F and 1.64 R unlike the asymmetrical setup for SGETI. I also adjusted downforce to 13 and shorter 5th gear. Even though that setup worked for me more or less in race 2 I think @irmopars may have something even better ;)

I think @irmopars may have something even better ;)

Let's just say for giggles and ****s I decided to setup my car to utilize only 4 gears. 1st gear was up to 113mph (going through the bus stop is only time I used it, and turn 1).

Final drive was 2 clicks to the Top Speed side.
Stiffened up the sway-bars bars 2 clicks, and tire pressure clicks F 137 & R 142. (I don't know Alot but seems I was moving in the wrong direction from what others were saying) as I was trying to remove some understeer going into turn 2 up the hill. I could barely lift the throttle, then get back on it and be ok. Never could go flat out.

I've said it quite a few times, if anyone wants help let me know.

Some of you will see this message in a few places.

I will be fairly busy in the next few months with work - finishing the project - and private - building a new house 500km away and do some minor renovations at my existing home to prepare it for selling.

I will regularly miss some of the racing events, and if I do make it to the events it will be with minimum preparation - so be patient.

Thanks guys

6ZimWq2.png

5c4.jpg

I uploaded my view of the race.
[PITS] Project International Touring Series - Presented by SNAIL - Season 7, Round 4!

Like I said, I was able to watch the 2 live streams of the race. A Special Thank You to Vovik05 & SAMHAIN85 for providing the live stream of their race.
I was viewing both streams and it gave a GREAT View of the race!

This was my first attempt to record a stream (I know it sucks). I don't have the fancy hi-tech streaming options, like Lessen (mad props to Lessen for what he does), but my laptop uses a triple monitor setup so it was nice to watch the race this way. I recorded the event on my cell phone because I currently don't have software I needed to capture the video (any suggestions would be nice, thank you in advance.) As a result, the video and audio quality are very low.

This was my first time commentating on a race, so I was nervous and very busy with trying to record on the cell phone by hand, keep up with the action & commentating at the same time. I found the hardest parts was the commentating while trying to keep track of so many things. It would have been a LOT easier to have someone to interact with back & forth during the race.

Last edited:
@sharkie that was very fun to watch, what a cool perspective with dual monitors. Great job. I'll probably stream again for the race tomorrow, but hopefully Lessen will be back in the broadcast booth. Maybe vovik and some others can stream too and you can enjoy all 3 of your screens.

@sharkie that was very fun to watch, what a cool perspective with dual monitors. Great job. I'll probably stream again for the race tomorrow, but hopefully Lessen will be back in the broadcast booth. Maybe vovik and some others can stream too and you can enjoy all 3 of your screens.

That would be awesome!

Thank you, SAMHAIN85!
Actually, I have 2 laptops with 17" displays. Both laptops have 2 additional monitor displays for the purpose of running triple monitor setup. I could setup both of them to stream up to 6 live feeds of the events all in real time. 1 monitor would be for Lessen, of course. That would leave5 potential "onboard cameras" feed available, all running full screen. Just a thought. The only issue I have found is that in the live stream of an "onboard camera" is that I can see the setups and the pits strategy of that driver. But then again, that is just like it would be in the real race with tv camera everywhere, right?

Does any want to be an "onboard camera of their race? Just let me know and get me a link, and I'll work it in. I'll see what streams are available tomorrow night.

I still need software to record all screens the computer sees?. Like screen print, but for video. Anyone have any suggestions? My cell phone is a bad option to record images from the monitor. Any input would be helpful.
Thank You

Last edited:
The only thing I know of is a free program called Fraps, way back from CS 1.6 days. There's probably some much better ones today, just poke around on google and search for screen capture software. Should be pretty easy to do, you just set up a hotkey for start and stop recording and it exports a .mpeg or whatever video file. You might want to test it with a small clip first, I'm sure recording multiple 45 minute races will spit out a pretty large file.

Back