Play at Home Initiative 2021PS4 

• Thread starter JoeDaSnow
  • 11 comments
United States
Sacramento
JoeDaSnow
Last year, there was a Play at Home Initiative that took place between April 15 and May 5, 2020. The two games featured in this campaign were Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey, both of which I had already purchased. This year, there's another Play at Home Initiative that began on March 1. The first game of this initiative was the 2016 game Ratchet & Clank, which became available for the entirety of March. Then there are nine more games that will be available to download for free from March 25 to April 22 as well as Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition from April 19 to May 14.

Last edited:
Mate, I just clocked this tonight, stumbled on it totally by accident. I was looking to see what price REZ Infinite was currently selling for, & it's part of this Play At Home thing. Got it for FREE! VR not required...

Subnautica
Is also a free title right now.

There are other games that they list that don't always tell you about.
I only found out after reading an article.

Subnautica
Is also a free title right now.

There are other games that they list that don't always tell you about.
I only found out after reading an article.

There are nine free games at present, a couple of them are VR only but the rest are not. There's also a Play At Home tab in the PS Store so you can clearly see what games are part of this promotion.

VBR
There are nine free games at present, a couple of them are VR only but the rest are not. There's also a Play At Home tab in the PS Store so you can clearly see what games are part of this promotion.

I don't always go to the Store.
I just see the blog post about the 3 big games and that was about it.
Only then is when I read the article that there are others in the list.

Subnautica, and the witness if you like puzzlers, are 2 that seem worth a look.

Subnautica looks cool, underwater survival and building up your bases, exploring.

Last year, there was a Play at Home Initiative that took place between April 15 and May 5, 2020. The two games featured in this campaign were Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey, both of which I had already purchased. This year, there's another Play at Home Initiative that began on March 1. The first game of this initiative was the 2016 game Ratchet & Clank, which became available for the entirety of March. Then there are nine more games that will be available to download for free from March 25 to April 22 as well as Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition from April 19 to May 14.

This initiative can be useful even for games that people already have, if they are physical copies. You can access the game and "buy" from the store and this will give you a digital backup in your library which can always be downloaded.

This initiative can be useful even for games that people already have, if they are physical copies. You can access the game and "buy" from the store and this will give you a digital backup in your library which can always be downloaded.

Also for those who may have had a 'disc' copy of the game and moved over to digital PS5 so very useful for solving the free upgrade for games that may be re-released as PS5 versions.

Also in April is Days Gone game, free for psplus subscribers. I have already, i find it a really well made game, worth a look for sure. Looks really good too on std ps4.

Back