play replays in a PS4 PRO at 60 fps (not in 30 fps) and in a HD READY (720p)?

• Thread starter Galderic
  • 8 comments
Anyone checked if is it possible to play replays in a PS4 PRO at 60 fps (not in 30 fps) in a HD READY (720p) TV?

I need that someone with an HD READY tv (720p, not full hd) and a PS4 PRO check the following thing:

Put output of PS4 PRO to 720p and check if in GT SPORT can select the option of framerate priority in display options.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Replays run at an unlocked framerate on the Pro regardless of resolution, no? Even if you output at 720p, the game is still rendering itself internally at 1080p or 1800p, I don't remember.

Replays run at an unlocked framerate on the Pro regardless of resolution, no?
No if you set the resolution to 4K. Any lower than that and it can be unlocked.

Even if you output at 720p, the game is still rendering itself internally at 1080p or 1800p, I don't remember.
Wrong. It'll render at set resolution regardless. Subverted with 4K as it's actually a checkerboard process from 1080P.

720p? Why not just go 1080p?

Because the TV is HD READY (720p) not full HD (1080P)

I know that if I put at 1080p its the key, because PS4 PRO 60 fps replay run at this resolution.

But my question is: it can run 60 fps replays in the 720p ps4 output mode? theorically it should work but in some cases software engineers are not logic

Last edited:
No if you set the resolution to 4K. Any lower than that and it can be unlocked.

Wrong. It'll render at set resolution regardless. Subverted with 4K as it's actually a checkerboard process from 1080P.
I could swear from the DF video back at launch that the game upscaled from 1800p if you used the 4k mode.

Still, the game still renders at a minimum of 1080p. Even if you set it to 720p it'll still render internally at 1080p.

Well just think. If the PS4 can run 1080p smoothly, how about 720p? Hmmmmmm.

Hint: Its the same if not better.

Well just think. If the PS4 can run 1080p smoothly, how about 720p? Hmmmmmm.

Hint: Its the same if not better.

Yes, but no one can prove it for the moment. And we know that nowadays, many things that are taken for granted, are not implemented correctly.

Back