Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Makes no difference to me

Votes: 34 52.3%
  • Makes me better at GT Sport

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
Greece
Salonica
So I also play DiRT 4 and Horizon Chase Turbo alongside my main racer GT Sport. Seeing as Mr. Igor Fraga has many other racing games and still being so fast in GT Sport I was curious about this:

So my question is does playing other racing games hinder your GT Sport abilities when you return to it, makes no difference or even somehow makes you better at the game?
I'd love to see your perspective on this.

My same sentiment Pigems. Like in my mind GT Sport = brake early, DiRT 4 = super brakes, Horizon Chase Turbo = endless traction. I rarely play more than one game the same day because of the pains of adjustment.

So my question is does playing other racing games hinder your GT Sport abilities when you return to it, makes no difference or even somehow makes you better at the game?
I'd love to see your perspective on this.

I guess individual people differ greatly, some can switch between sims/games, others not so much. Personally I find it difficult to switch between games, especially when it comes to serious online competition & getting out those last few tenths. I need to be dedicated to one physics model & have my muscle memory dialled into it to perform at my best. Switching between games means that I have to recalibrate quickly, & that's not a talent I possess.

I voted no difference, but I use a wheel. The only other game I still have on the console for driving is Dirt Rally 2 right now, and it’s great fun like GTS.

Surprisingly for me, because PC2 and AC are harder than gt, I actually came back to gt improved. I think playing PC2 and AC with no abs really made me rethink how i corner and such. I now feel the most consistent i ever have on gt. Idk if those games actually helped but it feels like they did. Just gave me kind of a light bulb turning on moment. I reached my new career high 24k dr last night. Well career high since i switched to a wheel. With a ds4 i very briefly touched just over 25k twice.

edit: Sport Mode Performances 25,000 (in the Top 4%) :)

Last edited:
Surprisingly for me, because PC2 and AC are harder than gt, I actually came back to gt improved. I think playing PC2 and AC with no abs really made me rethink how i corner and such. I now feel the most consistent i ever have on gt. Idk if those games actually helped but it feels like they did. Just gave me kind of a light bulb turning on moment. I reached my new career high 24k dr last night. Well career high since i switched to a wheel. With a ds4 i very briefly touched just over 25k twice.

edit: Sport Mode Performances 25,000 (in the Top 4%) :)
25K is average actually.

I've been switching between Project Cars 2 and Gran Tursimo Sport for about 2 years now, and I learn things through both games. One of the biggest differences going between them is how much the car understeers. It is absolutely horrible in GT Sport, whilst it's easily manageable in Project Cars. Then again, all the races I've done in Project Cars has tuning enabled. My experience there has probably helped me become a better driver in GT Sport, because Project Cars requires some serious concentration on a controller. I've had to learn several things along the way, things that Gran Turismo would not be able to teach me.

GTS is very forgiving. Bad habits generally do not make you crash. They will make you slower though.

Raceroom, PC2 and ACC will punish mistakes much harder and make it so that you can identify more easily what you need to can change to your driving style.

Brake locking and oversteer in PC2 are very much setup related (setup of car, but also brake sensitivity in game parameters). You man make PC2 cars as stable as GTS cars if you want. Just reduce rear tyre pressure, rear roll bar and brake sensitivity/balance. You can make every PC2 car into an under steering boat if you want, at least in my experience.

ACC stable setup and physics are actually not that far removed from GTS.

Raceroom has better setups than the other games I mentioned and I strongly prefer it from that point of view.

All of these games will teach you driving lines, trail braking, race craft, ...

I rarely drive GT3 cars on GTS having spent the last year on ACC. The physics etc are on a different level, so GTS just feels numb when I go back to it. That's on a G29 for both. They are very different though; focused PC title vs accessible console title. Both certainly have their place and I do still enjoy driving the high downforce stuff on GTS.

@Dimitri Even the standard safe preset on ACC is way beyond what GTS offers - physics etc definitely a step above

I rarely drive GT3 cars on GTS having spent the last year on ACC. The physics etc are on a different level, so GTS just feels numb when I go back to it. That's on a G29 for both. They are very different though; focused PC title vs accessible console title. Both certainly have their place and I do still enjoy driving the high downforce stuff on GTS.

@Dimitri Even the standard safe preset on ACC is way beyond what GTS offers - physics etc definitely a step above

in my experience the g29 (had one) delivers truly subpar experience in GTS. I never tested it in ACC, but I did in PC2 and AC and it works much better in those games.

I use a TGT now and was surprised how close ACC felt to GTS using that wheel.

Still, RRE is a level above both of them with regard to FFB.

Voted come back a bit rusted. I switch between GTS and F1 all a lot, it’s easier to go from gts to f1 than vice versa, mostly because the throttle in f1 is much more linear. Also the steering is only at 360 degrees in f1 while in GTS its much more.

Back