Playing Prologue on US PS2

• Thread starter Pump
  • 10 comments
My GT4 hunger can't wait so i'm thinking of picking up the GT4 Prologue on ebay. What do I need to be able to play this disc on my PS2? Thanks for your help.

As far as I know, you cannot because the game was not released in the US officially, so unless you have another PS2 from a different country, then you can play GT4:P on that PS2 as long as GT4:P is from that same region.

Oh, and welcom to GTPlanet.net :)

GT4:P only exists so far in NTSC Japan version.
The NTSC US and PAL European version will be released whenever PD decides so. (I'll believe it's in May when I actually get my copy from the retailer ;) ).

If you really can't wait you can buy GT4:P on ebay, but you also need to buy the JP PS2 to use it.

Only 2 questions remain :
1) how impatient are you ?
2) how rich are you ?

For myself, I'm much more impatient than rich, so I'll wait for the PAL version.

BTW, Sony released a limited version japanese white PS2, with white controller and it was sold in bundle with GT4:P.
(Just in case you're extremely rich :D )

Originally posted by Thio
Oh, and welcome to GTPlanet.net :)

Hehe, i've been registered for awhile now (July 03) but I don't post often.

I ran a search and discovered others w/ NA PS2s have been able to play it using mod chips and/or swap discs. I know that determining the version of my PS2 is important in figuring out what I need, so does anyone know how to decipher the SN on my PS2 to figure out if it's V1- V10?

I use a fliptop and that works great. If you search for that, most shops that sell it also help you figure out which version you have.

Pump,
Follow this link which will show you how to decode the PS2 serial numbering system.

http://www.chipzone.com/versions.cfm

By the way I must be one of the richer Prologue fans!!! I bought my GT4 Prologue chinese version off of ebay for £17 and then had a modchip installed. The wait till the end of the year was waay to long to wait. Needed to satisfy my craving ASAP.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I spent 45 euro on the fliptop and then 35 on ordering the game from China. That's only 15 euro more than I spend on a regular game.

Ok and I spent 150 euro on the new wheel. :D But hey, I'd held off buying a MoMo and stuck with my Wingman a long while because I knew this was coming. ;)

google will tell. :) but I think ps2fliptop.net is a decent one, has a nice selection of covers and ships all over the globe.

Well i am using the chinese version and have a US PS2. I play the game using the "slidecard system", an it worked just find. The good thing about that system is you DO NOT have to do any internal mod to you PS2. check out the link below.

Originally posted by Rocket Punch
Well i am using the chinese version and have a US PS2. I play the game using the "slidecard system", an it worked just find. The good thing about that system is you DO NOT have to do any internal mod to you PS2. check out the link below.

Which link? :odd: :confused:

Edit: Nevermind that, I just decided to get the game and bought the Magic V modchip at www.consolesource.com, with free shipping, and ordered GT4: Prologue (korean) from www.yesasia.com. They should both be here in under two weeks, and I paid less than $50 total, I'm a happy man.:D

Back