• 34 comments

DuckRacer

Premium
Exclusive Games Out Now
  1. Buzz! Quiz TV (Relentless)
  2. Disgaea 3 (NIS)
  3. The Eye of Judgment (SCE Japan)
  4. Folklore (Game Republic)
  5. Formula One Championship Edition (SCE Studios Liverpool)
  6. Full Auto 2: Battlelines (Pseudo Interactive)
  7. Genji: Days of the Blade (Game Republic)
  8. Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (Polyphony Digital)
  9. Heavenly Sword (Ninja Theory)
  10. Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (Clap Hanz)
  11. Lair (Factor 5)
  12. LittleBigPlanet (Media Molecule)
  13. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Kojima Productions)
  14. Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (BEC)
  15. MotorStorm (Evolution Studios)
  16. MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (Evolution Studios)
  17. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (Namco Bandai)
  18. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (Insomniac Games)
  19. Resistance: Fall of Man (Insomniac Games)
  20. Resistance 2 (Insomniac Games)
  21. Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai)
  22. Singstar (SCE Studios London)
  23. SOCOM: Confrontation (Slant Six Games)
  24. Time Crisis 4 (Namco Bandai)
  25. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Naughty Dog)
  26. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (Sony Online Entertainment)
  27. Valkyria Chronicles (Sega)
  28. Warhawk (Incognito)
Future Exclusive Games
  1. Afrika (Rhino Studios) TBA
  2. Aquanaut's Holiday (Artdink) TBA
  3. DC Universe (Sony Online Entertainment)* TBA
  4. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Square Enix) TBA
  5. Free Realms (SOE)* Q2 2008
  6. God of War III (SCE Santa Monica) TBA
  7. Gran Turismo 5 (Polyphony Digital) TBA
  8. Heavy Rain (Quantic Dream) TBA 2008
  9. Infamous (Sucker Punch) Fall 2008
  10. Killzone 2 (Guerilla Games) February 27th, 2009
  11. M.A.G. (Zipper Interactive) TBA
  12. The Agency (SOE) TBA 2008
  13. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Naughty Dog) TBA
  14. WarDevil (Digi-Guys) TBA
  15. White Knight Chronicles (Level 5) TBA
  16. Yakuza 3 (Sega) TBA

Last edited:
Okay! I butchered the list and put a heavy dose of Xbot spin on it. Muahahahahaha!!1

...OK, to be serious, I seperated all of the titles that no one knows about and the ones that seem to be exclusive to Japan. Most of these titles came from this list.

And I removed some other games as well. Specifically these:
  • Driver 5
  • Empire
  • Guillermo Del Toro's Sundown (Titan Productions / Terminal Reality)
  • Monster Kingdom Unknown Realms
The Driver series has been bought by Ubisoft, and since it's a fairly notable series, it's all but guaranteed to be multiplatform.

With Sundown and Empire, I couldn't find any real sign of the game belonging to any console. If you find an article or something that adds clarity to this, post it up.

...And Monster Kingdom is Folks Soul, which is already on the list.

According to this, you can take MGS4 off the list.

From the Swedish gamermagazine Super Play.
The same magazine that was first in the world with Halo 3-footage and the confirmation of VF5 for 360.

"At the end of 2007, one of the biggest titles to be released for any of the current generation consoles is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. As the follow up to the blockbuster smash hit PS2 title Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, it will problably sell extremely well and be played by many PS3 fans. However, sole owners of Wii and Xbox 360 would have to do without it. Fortunately, Konami isn´t completely blind to the fact that more gamers deserve to play this epic title, and it is now confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 will launch a year later in November 2008. It will come with new content additions including VR missions and other bonus gameplay like Snake Tales, which lets you go on more objective-based missions -- some quite lengthy. So, there's no question that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 comes packed with more content than the original PS3-version.

Seemingly, the Xbox 360 Metal Gear would have been the one to wait for, but Konami respond by releasing the slightly beefed up Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3 as well."

EDIT: Mind you, this info is NOT confirmed, yet. The magazine mentions nothing about this news at their website. It was posted at a XBox website first, and other game websites later. There's an excellent chance it's all BS. Especially since the writer does a horrible job writing the article and misspells some simple words.

According to this, you can take MGS4 off the list.

From the Swedish gamermagazine Super Play.
The same magazine that was first in the world with Halo 3-footage and the confirmation of VF5 for 360.

"At the end of 2007, one of the biggest titles to be released for any of the current generation consoles is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. As the follow up to the blockbuster smash hit PS2 title Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, it will problably sell extremely well and be played by many PS3 fans. However, sole owners of Wii and Xbox 360 would have to do without it. Fortunately, Konami isn´t completely blind to the fact that more gamers deserve to play this epic title, and it is now confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 will launch a year later in November 2008. It will come with new content additions including VR missions and other bonus gameplay like Snake Tales, which lets you go on more objective-based missions -- some quite lengthy. So, there's no question that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 comes packed with more content than the original PS3-version.

Seemingly, the Xbox 360 Metal Gear would have been the one to wait for, but Konami respond by releasing the slightly beefed up Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3 as well."
OMG PS3 IS DOOMED SUNDAYTON TOTAL

:lol: :indiff:

I'm not taking it off the list quite yet, even though I'm not surprised by the news... I'm just waiting for a little more confirmation. Like a scan from the mag or news from a different source.

Besides, this whole thing started here. It could be made-up for all we know.

So like I said, I'm waiting for a scan of the article. Once I see it and it seems legit, I'll take MGS4 down.

Duċk;2671260
Okay! I butchered the list and put a heavy dose of Xbot spin on it. Muahahahahaha!!1
I wondered why you decided to make your own thread... after all I wasn't gone that long.... and you didn't post any "updates" on the original PS3 Exclusive thread...

I wondered why you decided to make your own thread... after all I wasn't gone that long.... and you didn't post any "updates" on the original PS3 Exclusive thread...
I did post updates, yet you never updated the list. Besides, when new games were announced, after a month of your absence, you were nowhere to be seen. I wasn't going to wait indefinitely to see if you were coming back.

Like I said in my PM to you, if you want to take over the thread, feel free to do so.

And my Xbot comment was sarcasm, BTW. ;)

MGS4 coming to 360? Possibly. Having more content? No way in hell hahaha.

Let's face it, if in fact a port does happen on the 360, it only means one thing. It'll come out the same time as the "second release" of the PS3 version, with the exact same content. It will probably have some cooky theater mode, VR missions, some "online" mode, and a couple of extras. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I bet the PS3 version comes packed with the cut scene's packed on a Blu-Ray disc for viewing in high def 1080p, but that's just a guess. MGS4: SOTP for 360 confirmed with exclusive content? No.

MGS4: SOTP (insert special edition name here) on PS3 (1 disc game, 1 disc content) and 360(2 disc game, 1 disc content)? Confirmed.

So, there's no question that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 comes packed with more content than the original PS3-version.
As Jeremy said, all that means is that there will be a MGS2:Substance scenario, where the XBox will get a bunch of extra goodies followed quickly by a much smoother and cleaner Playstation version of the same bonus package, roughly a year or so after the launch of the original game.
So, technically, yes, it will have more content than the original Playstation version, but not the one that will undoubtedly follow the 360 release with another Playstation release.

Duċk;2671314
I did post updates, yet you never updated the list. Besides, when new games were announced, after a month of your absence, you were nowhere to be seen. I wasn't going to wait indefinitely to see if you were coming back.
There is a big difference between a month and indefinitely, especially when all you had to do was post updates in the thread... The last post in that thread was April 22... which was before I left. So no, you had not posted any updates while I was away.

I don't mind that you made your own thread, and frankly I predicted you probably would, but I'm not overly impressed in the time frame and manor in which you did. After all, what's so critical in having to update the first post, when all you had to do was post an update in the thread, which all would see anyway. Oh well. Enjoy. Less hassle for me. :)

I'd also like to throw in, all the 3 PSN "exclusives" you put in there, all have retail release's.

Warhawk will be bundled with a Bluetooth headset, and Socom is rumored to do the same for it's retail release. Also, LittleBigPlanet will have a retail release somewhere around Feb '08.

Next up, I have the PSN titles beef. Isn't EVERY PSN title exclusive right now? I can't think of one that's out on both consoles. Of course, I just got back from the bars, but I still can't think of any.

Last, but not least, Burnout: Paradise is a PS3 lead platform game. Might want to add that one too.

I'll keep you posted if I hear about anything else.

Gracias.

Another thing is Fatal Frame has never been an exclusive for any console, it has always been multiplatform, and I entirely expect it to be this time around.

So no, you had not posted any updates while I was away.
Yet you never updated the thread with my last update. Just sayin'.

I don't mind that you made your own thread, and frankly I predicted you probably would, but I'm not overly impressed in the time frame and manor in which you did. After all, what's so critical in having to update the first post, when all you had to do was post an update in the thread, which all would see anyway. Oh well. Enjoy. Less hassle for me. :)
Here's the deal – you went away for a month and no one knew where you went. If you said "guys, brb in a month, on vacation", I wouldn't have started a new thread up.

But whatever.
I'd also like to throw in, all the 3 PSN "exclusives" you put in there, all have retail release's.

Warhawk will be bundled with a Bluetooth headset, and Socom is rumored to do the same for it's retail release. Also, LittleBigPlanet will have a retail release somewhere around Feb '08.
I kept them on the PSN list because I suspect that'll be the most popular version. But I could move them to the normal section and ditch the category entirely.

Next up, I have the PSN titles beef. Isn't EVERY PSN title exclusive right now? I can't think of one that's out on both consoles. Of course, I just got back from the bars, but I still can't think of any.

I excluded all those titles because, like you said, practically everything is exclusive. It'd be redundant to add everything to the list. The only ones that are on the list are major games like Tekken 5 and Warhawk.

I think Joust is the only multiplatform PSN game, BTW.

Last, but not least, Burnout: Paradise is a PS3 lead platform game. Might want to add that one too.

Another thing is Fatal Frame has never been an exclusive for any console, it has always been multiplatform, and I entirely expect it to be this time around.

Thanks for that. 👍

This recent rumor sure is gathering a lot of steam. Now the rumor is both Konami and MS have admitted a deal has just been signed to bring MGS4 to the XBox360. No proof, of course.

*sigh*

It's that vocal minority again. They claim fact without proof. It's just like politics, the pundits will go after figure head, and all will fall around it. MGS4 is no dobut still the "killer app" for the PS3 and it will receive the most attacks

edit: I'm pretty sure Konami and Sony have a deal for MGS4 for one year as well.

looks like someone copied the article and updated it for the current consoles...
Exactly. Clearly a hoax, and not even a well thought out one, yet look how many sites and forums around the internet fell for it. Sad.

Although if this really happens, maybe we will experience another Deja Vu...

MGS4 Confirmed for XBOX360! Picture proof!

DVD, FTW!

mgs4nw5.png
:D:tup:

BTW:

Duċk;2663469
Lead PS3 Titles (games designed specifically for the PS3, but ported for other formats)
  • L.A. Noire (Team Bondi)
Just out of curiosity, what other platforms is LA Noire officially announced for? I'm curious as this is a title I am really interested in, but the only info I have seen from Bondi and RockStar only mentioned the PS3.

Thanks.

I'm guessing timed exclusive.

EDIT: OK, I'm in a micro-delimma with the PSN games. How do guys want them:
  1. I list every single exclusive (meaning everything 'cept Joust) PSN game, and all future exclusive PSN games. Why did I scrap this system before? It would clutter up the list after a few months, and it would add redundancy.

2. I list only the exclusive PSN games that have or could have been released on a disc format (current system we're using). Games like Tekken 5, GTHD, and Warhawk would would stay on the list. There would be no Super Stardust HD or Blast Factor, but there also won't be a ton of menial games as well.

3. I get rid of PSN games entirely. No Tekken 5, no GTHD, no Lemmings, just games on disc. Since LBP, Socom, and Warhawk will be available on a disc format, those would go under the "Future PS3 Games" category.

So yeah, I'll be streamlining the rules at the top of the list like I did with the 360 exclusives, and I need a verdict with the PSN games so I can create a guide rule for that.

OK, I went through the list again and added release dates for all future, non-Japan titles. I also moved some things around.

• FIA World Touring Car Championship to Rumored Games. The game was never confirmed to be in development.
  • Future GPX removed from Future Exclusive Games. It was on both lists, and it is a Japan Only game.
  • Ni-Oh to Japan Only Games.
  • Singstar to Exclusive PS3 Games Out Now. It has been released in Europe, but since the US version hasn't, it'll have an asterisk.
  • Slotter Mania to Japan Only Games.
  • Wangan Midnight to Japan Only Games.
  • Way of the Samurai 3 to Japan Only Games.

Comparing your list to Wiki's List of PlayStation 3 Games and I see over 25 are missing from your list (in red):

Released Exclusive Games

* Exclusive Content
  1. Formula One Championship Edition (SCE Studios Liverpool)
  2. Full Auto 2: Battlelines (Pseudo Interactive)
  3. Genji: Days of the Blade (Game Republic)
  4. Lair (Factor 5)
  5. MLB 07: The Show (SCE Studios San Diego)
  6. Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (Namco Bandai)
  7. MotorStorm (Evolution Studios)
  8. NBA 07 (SCE Studios San Diego)
  9. * Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Team Ninja)
  10. Resistance: Fall of Man (Insomniac Games)
  11. Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai)
  12. * The Godfather: The Don's Edition (EA Redwood Shores)
  13. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (Sony Online Entertainment)
  14. Warhawk (Incognito Entertainment)

Future Exclusive Games
  1. Afrika (Rhino Studios)
  2. Big Time Revenge (Anygame Company)
  3. Bipedal Movement Simulation (Artdink)
  4. Brave Arms (Cellius)
  5. Buzz! Quiz TV (Relentless)
  6. Chain Limit (Cellius)
  7. Coded Arms: Assault (Konami)
  8. Codename: Sengoku 23KU (Acquire)
  9. DC Universe (Sony Online Entertainment)
  10. Digimon World Online (Namco Bandai)
  11. Disgaea 3 (Nippon Ichi)
  12. Driver 5 (Reflections Interactive)
  13. Eight Days (SCE Studios London)
  14. Eyedentify (TBA)
  15. FIA World Touring Car Championship (TBA)
  16. Fifth Phantom Saga (Sonic Team)
  17. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Square Enix)
  18. Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
  19. Folklore (Game Republic)
  20. Free Realms (Sony Online Entertainment)
  21. God of War III (SCE Studios Santa Monica)
  22. Gradius VI (Konami)
  23. Gran Turismo 5 (Polyphony Digital)
  24. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Polyphony Digital)
  25. Haze (Free Radical Design)
  26. Heavenly Sword (Ninja Theory)
  27. Heavy Rain (Quantic Dream)
  28. Hot Shots Golf 5 (Clap Hanz)
  29. Imabikisou (Chunsoft)
  30. Infamous (Sucker Punch)
  31. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (Naughty Dog)
  32. Killzone 2 (Guerilla Games)
  33. Kurayami (Grasshopper Manufacture)
  34. L.A. Noire (Team Bondi)
  35. LittleBigPlanet (Media Molecule)
  36. Metal Gear Online (Kojima Productions)
  37. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Kojima Productions)
  38. Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom Production Studio 1)
  39. MotorStorm 2 (Evolution Studios)
  40. NBA 08 (SCE Studios San Diego)
  41. Ni-Oh (Koei)
  42. Nobi Nobi Boy (Namco Bandai)
  43. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (Insomniac Games)
  44. Record of Agarest War (Idea Factory)
  45. Redwood Falls (TBA)
  46. Rengoku: The End of the Century (Neverland)
  47. Romance of the Three Kingdoms (KOEI)
  48. Samurai Warriors Pachinko (Omega Force)
  49. Second Season 01 (Cellius)
  50. Senjou no Valkyrie (Sega)
  51. SingStar (SCE Studios London)
  52. SOCOM: Confrontation (Slant Six Games)
  53. Tears to Tiara: Earth's Wreath (Aqua Plus)
  54. Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai)
  55. The Agency (SOE)
  56. The Aquanaut's Holiday -Inner Mind Adventure- (Artdink)
  57. The Eye of Judgment (SCE Studios Japan)
  58. The Getaway 3 (SCE Studios London)
  59. The Wall (World Forge)
  60. Time Crisis 4 (Namco Bandai)
  61. TimeSplitters 4 (Free Radical Design)
  62. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Naughty Dog)
  63. Valkyrie of the Battlefield (Sega)
  64. WarDevil: Enigma (Digi-Guys)
  65. White Knight Story (Level-5)
  66. Wipeout 6 (SCE Studios Liverpool)
  67. Zone of the Enders 3 (Kojima Productions)

Also it's probably a good idea to list the Japanese exclusive titles as well, not only for GTP members who are in Japan or buy Japanese games, but also because some Japanese games do get English versions later on:

Released Exclusive Games (Currently Only a Japanese Version)
  1. Boku no Natsu Yasumi 3 (SCE Studios Japan)
  2. Mahjong Fight Club Online (Konami)
  3. Mahjong Oh (Warashi)
  4. Mahjong Taikai IV (Koei)
  5. Makai Wars (Nippon Ichi)
  6. Mist of Chaos (Idea Factory)
  7. Railfan (Ongakukan)
  8. Sega Golf Club (Sega)

Future Exclusive Games (Currently Only a Japanese Version)
  1. Future GPX Cyber Formula (Sunrise Interactive)
  2. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball (Konami)
  3. Martial Art (TBA)
  4. Project D (MichaelSoft)
  5. Saikyou Ginsei Shogi (Magnolia)
  6. Sangokushi (Koei)
  7. Sekai Saikyou Ginsei Igo (TBA)
  8. Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus)
  9. Shogi World Champion GEKISASHI (TBA)
  10. Slotter Mania (Dorasu)
  11. Sunrise Eiyūtan (Sunrise Interactive)
  12. Super Robot (Banpresto)
  13. Value 2000 Igo (Magnolia)
  14. Value 2000 Shougi (Magnolia)
  15. Wangan Midnight (Genki)
  16. Way of the Samurai 3 (Spike)

EDIT: I see you already updated Haze and L.A. Noire. 👍

Comparing your list to Wiki's List of PlayStation 3 Games and I see over 25 are missing from your list (in red):

I'll add DC Universe (don't know why I removed that), but I researched every single title that was in red months ago when cleaning up the list you originally had made and they were removed because they were canned, never confirmed to actually exist or be PS3 exclusive in the first place, Japan-only, or had last-gen variants of the game. I scrapped having a Japan-only section in the post because I can't keep track and/or know of every game that gets announced for release only in Japan, and the hassle of trying to keep such a list as accurate as possible is futile. If games get an English localization like Gundam Musou (in the form of Dynasty Warriors Gundam), I'll add it to the list, but the few GTP members in Japan can just go to their local game store in Japan and buy whatever game they want. They don't need my list for that.

Wikipedia really isn't a good source for this type of stuff.

Wikipedia really isn't a good source for this type of stuff.
And yet info on Wiki has proved to not only be accurate, but has also showed you were wrong about quite a few things including PS3 games, so maybe it's not such a great idea to dismiss it so quickly and easily. Yes, it's user generated info, but rather than just the opinion of one, its from a immensely large collaboration of people and resources, including professionals and data research firms.

Rather than just assume they are all incorrect, can you post your source for each of those 25 or so games that you claim are not PS3 exclusives?

Or do you want to have another side bet where you have to use an avatar that reads "Wikipedia was Right" if some if not most of those games are released as PS3 exclusive? :)

Rather than just assume they are all incorrect, can you post your source for each of those 25 or so games that you claim are not PS3 exclusives?

Sorry, but I'm not going to waste the rest of my day digging up sources and explanations just to please you. I've been through this crap months ago straightening up the list, and I'm not doing it again.

OK, I went through the list again and added release dates for all future, non-Japan titles. I also moved some things around.

• Singstar to Exclusive PS3 Games Out Now. It has been released in Europe, but since the US version hasn't, it'll have an asterisk.

The PS3 version has not been released in Europe yet, its been delayed (again) with no fixed release date, simply a Q4 release. You may be getting it mixed up with a couple of PS2 version that have been recently released.

Regards

Scaff

The PS3 version has not been released in Europe yet, its been delayed (again) with no fixed release date, simply a Q4 release. You may be getting it mixed up with a couple of PS2 version that have been recently released.

Regards

Scaff

I made that post several months ago. :P I already realized that and readded it to the future exclusives list, but thanks for helping. :)

Sorry, but I'm not going to waste the rest of my day digging up sources and explanations just to please you. I've been through this crap months ago straightening up the list, and I'm not doing it again.
It's not about pleasing anyone, it's about being objective and unbiased, and trying to be as accurate as possible, and not putting a personal 'spin' on the information.

Besides, if you already did, as you claim you did, confirm all of these were not PS3 exclusives, then why didn’t you post your sources then?

On top of that, let's assume you really did find some form of confirmation... you just said you did this "months ago"... did it ever occur to you that things change, or that your sources were proven to be inaccurate since then? (Like L.A. Noire, which you knew was confirmed to be a PS3 exclusive back in June but didn't change it until now, when I brought it up again.)

Besides, several of those games yo claim aren't exclusives are from Sony... you honestly think Sony is going to release them on the 360? :rolleyes:

Considering how many times you’ve been mistaken about the exclusivity of games as well as other things related to the PS3, I’m not sure why you would be so quick to disregard all this information and not be open to the possibility that you or your unspecified sources are wrong again.

When you decided for yourself it was OK to start your own "PS3 Exclusive" thread after one was already there, and one that you had and could have continued to update by simply posting in it, I had a feeling things were going to get dicey.

Okay! I butchered the list and put a heavy dose of Xbot spin on it. Muahahahahaha!!

I do admit (and have admitted) I prefer my 360.

Yes, I'm OK with being biased.

I guess for the time being I’ll have to resurrect the original PS3 Exclusive thread and update it with current information.

Back