PlayStation 5 Games Reveal Event Confirmed for June 4

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Polyphony just updated the trademark for GT ahead of the cancelled event last week. So there’s a good chance we’ll see something at the PS5 reveal and possibly (hopefully) a new GT release along side PS5
link

It was mentioned in the GT7 section.

Hmmm, June 11th it says... but what year...? :sly:
5259_aa33_960.png

Even if GTS is at the end of its lifecycle... somehow I doubt we'll see much of a new Gran Turismo.

I even wonder what the next GT will me named. It doesn't feel like Gran Turismo 7 makes much sense... GT Sport is GT7 to me, even if it lacks certain prominent features of the previous main titles.

Even if GTS is at the end of its lifecycle... somehow I doubt we'll see much of a new Gran Turismo.

I even wonder what the next GT will me named. It doesn't feel like Gran Turismo 7 makes much sense... GT Sport is GT7 to me, even if it lacks certain prominent features of the previous main titles.

In terms of new content, I guess we'll get a few new cars and tracks. I suspect we should also be getting a more proper GT Mode. Tuning and customization are things that I expect to return.

And of course, we'll be getting some new, shiny graphics. :sly:

In terms of new content, I guess we'll get a few new cars and tracks. I suspect we should also be getting a more proper GT Mode. Tuning and customization are things that I expect to return.

And of course, we'll be getting some new, shiny graphics. :sly:

Agreed, I badly hope it is a launch title so that with the game as service model when I eventually jump onboard the PS5 train in year 2 or 3 I will have a more complete game. If it is a launch title I imagine there wont be much difference content wise between the new game and the last GTS just graphical improvements maybe some more career oriented stuff. They got away with murder releasing GTS in the state that it was in at launch and it still sold well, with such a tight deadline until PS5 there is only so much development they can do... All supposing it even is a launch title...

GT7 would make sense to capture the audience that maybe skipped Sport, giving it a mainline number makes it sound big, sound significant, worth peoples giving it another look again etc. Subtle things like this can draw people back in.

GT7 would make sense to capture the audience that maybe skipped Sport, giving it a mainline number makes it sound big, sound significant, worth peoples giving it another look again etc. Subtle things like this can draw people back in.
Well I know what would draw me right back in...this playing when the main menu appears.

Of course I'm guessing lots of the smaller features we used to love from previous titles, left out from GT Sport, would also be making a return, such as GT Auto, etc.

Whatever the version is , sure hope they make more of an effort on the VR side, GTS is poor with 1 AI car , not believing the thats all it could handle., we could have had the ability to use it in the Hamilton dlc time trials, and the lack of weather and time of day options cut down for whatever reason, just too try and force people too use the sport mode

I´d be more surprised if GT does not show up in some form.

And while I actually do expect GT 7 I also wouldn´t be too surprised if we just got a supercharged version of GTS. (RayTracing, 8k, full VR support and so on)

Do we know how long the event is?

I think the best will will get out of a GT/PD announcement would be: (in typical GT/PD Kaz fashion)
- a short 30 sec teaser video/trailer (if not shorter)
- the official title/name of the next GT game
- the date of the next official game reveal
- and if we are lucky, the tentative date of the game release/availability for purchase (which may or may not coincide with the PS5 release.)

The worst we could get is either nothing or a simple screenshot.
What I expect is a teaser as described above.
The best we can get is a full reveal and announcement and commitment for release...

Which is it ??!!

I think the best will will get out of a GT/PD announcement would be: (in typical GT/PD Kaz fashion)
- and if we are lucky, the tentative date of the game release/availability for purchase (which may or may not coincide with the PS5 release.)

The best we can get is a full reveal and announcement and commitment for release...

Which is it ??!!

Event is set to be just over an hour long. The rumour mill has said that to avoid the situation that happened when Xbox showed off the third party games running on XSX back in May, the presentation will have less teaser trailers and cinematics, with more actual gameplay to show what the PS5 is actually capable of

Which is it ??!!

My money is on a 4 second clip in a trailer of various upcoming PS5 games :indiff:

I'm sure we will see something, at least a teaser trailer. Just think about it: we've got this link (bottom) in 2015, two years before the launch. And it wasn't even a numbered episode. If they still need 2 years (so the release goes to 2022), even then we need a teaser. But it looks like we get the game as a launch title (for now), so I won't be surprised if we will get a full trailer.

PGW15 trailer:

Back