PlayStation 5 Pre-Order Registration is Now Open, "Limited Quantity" Available

Well hoping this means something similar will happen for us in Europe soon, I am very eager for the new console now and if a similar application process happens I will be on it like Sonic speed!

All seems to be settling into place as I expected so hopefully September/October is the month we get the info on price/release date as I have 'da serious cash in da briefcase man' :cheers: ready to go.

Me too, although it's a little alarming that they're worried about demand.

Getting your hands on a PS5 sounds like it'll be harder than first thought!

Me too, although it's a little alarming that they're worried about demand.

Getting your hands on a PS5 sounds like it'll be harder than first thought!

Totally agree which is why I'm keeping myself alert for any news, I don't think demand is too much of the issue since Sony already are making more PS5's but I think if the website went live to everyone it would go down at Sonic speed from the numbers trying to order so doing it this way makes a more 'calm' approach!

Yeah, I'll just say no thanks for now. I do want to buy a PS5 eventually as there's a good amount of games coming out for it that I'm interested in (GT7 being at the top of the list), but I made a rule with myself to not buy a console at launch. I want to wait for whatever issues will arise to be sorted out before I get one.

Just another thing to keep the PS5 in 'the news' imho. No cost, no release date, no mention as to how many PS5's those that opt for this will be trying to get, are there 300, 3000, 3m consoles in this initial number available!

I think all console releases are on a first come first served basis, though most people will wait for some indication of how much they will pay, or at least when it is available.

For those that actually take advantage of this, I hope you get one of the 300, 3000, 3m, or whatever. 👍 :)

I will wait 6 to 12 months from the hour, that these Consoles are released. that will give me time to review videos of GT: 7, to see if it will be worth my while to get the PS5.

Eh, it's fine. I'll wait until early-2021 since the first consoles are usually glitchy. For one first time I might just play Forza before GT. No guarantee though. We'll see how things go.

This supply and demand thing reminds me of when the PS3 launched. They were in short supply too, but my wife, unknown by me, got 1 of only 30 pre-orders that were in our local Walmart. People were telling here she could turn around and sell it for a huge profit, but she kept it, and I got it for Christmas that year. How many wives would do that?

Would be nice to know what the PS5's price is, before committing, I'd hate to take a spot from somebody. Then again, I don't have a problem waiting.

MMX
This supply and demand thing reminds me of when the PS3 launched. They were in short supply too, but my wife, unknown by me, got 1 of only 30 pre-orders that were in our local Walmart.
I remember the same tales with PS3. I walked into a game shop at 5pm on launch day and bought one right off the shelf - and there were dozens.

I remember the same tales with PS3. I walked into a game shop at 5pm on launch day and bought one right off the shelf - and there were dozens.
According to google, Europe got it a few months after Japan, and the US, so they probably had time to build up inventory. I don't know, just thought it was funny, that my wife went through the trouble of being at Walmart, at midnight to get me a Playstation. :bowdown:

I remember deciding not to buy any more consoles after the PS2 which lasted precisely and exactly as long as it took to discover there was a downloadable demo of gran turismo HD on PS3 so I went to the shops and bought a PS3. No supply issue at all.

@MMX sounds like you have an excellent wife. Don't take here for granted.

Well the UK situation with the PS3 launch was quite a bit different to the US one.

For one their console was priced $599.99 which was £318 at the then exchange rate, £107 less than the UK launch price of £425. Secondly they had the cheaper ($499.99/£265) 20GB model on offer that the UK never got. Thirdly the UK model lacked hardware based backwards compatibility, only software emulated for limited PS2 titles which might have put some people off. That and production had managed to increase by the time the EU launch came along.

All that meant a much more lukewarm response over here with a decent amount of stock.

As for the PS5 the first thing that jumped to mind was the Ford GT which the article also mentioned. Seems we live in the times where influencers and youtubers get first pop at everything which I guess from a marketing standpoint makes sense. I guess using your PSN ID they can figure out how loyal you have been to the brand.

I
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on August 27th, 2020 in the Hardware category.

It was a strange process. I got the email and went to the link,. It says to enter your user ID twice I did and hit submit then it just went to another screen with no real information on it. Not sure if they got my information successfully or not, it just doesn't let you know. So I guess we will see.

I guess using your PSN ID they can figure out how loyal you have been to the brand.
The cynic in me thinks that the use of the PSN ID is a way to access the demand more accurately rather than relying on retail pre-orders where people may pre-order at more than one place.

'We have 500k pre-orders!' No, you have 100k people pre-ordering at 5+ different places because you overhyped that there were going to be shortages. ;) :lol:

The cynic in me thinks that the use of the PSN ID is a way to access the demand more accurately rather than relying on retail pre-orders where people may pre-order at more than one place.

'We have 500k pre-orders!' No, you have 100k people pre-ordering at 5+ different places because you overhyped that there were going to be shortages. ;) :lol:

Yeah, see how big the hype currently is :lol:

Also creating limited availability and implying shortages to drum up demand and invent a sense of urgency.... oldest trick in the book.

Maybe is good to wait for GTA V to release on PS5 and then buy PS5, but if Gran Turismo 7 release this holiday then maybe it's worth to get PS5 this holiday

Should I ever be fortunate enough to release a product won't be using this model.
Invitation only reeks of a staggered release (again) with a Feb. date for Asia-Pacific.

25% discount on 12-month membership of plus on PSN. Saying unavailable because I've already got plus. In previous offers like this it's allowed me to extend it so I wonder if this means there's going to be changes to plus. Gamepass includes all the features of Gold so maybe Plus with Now next gen?

All fine by me. Not planning on buying a PS5 probably for at least the first 6 months. When the hardware has proven stable and there are a couple of cool games available I might bite.

Isn't it odd that they're asking for your PSN ID instead of your login email adress? As long as you know their ID you could enter someone else without them even knowing.

I signed up for something. Hope they deem me worthy to pre-order. Will this be direct from Sony or will they just provide links to various retailers?

Just a guess but the price of the console cant be that appetising or they would have announced it already, who will blink first Sony or MS...

Back