PlayStation 5 Pre-Order Registration is Now Open, "Limited Quantity" Available

Yeah, I'll just say no thanks for now. I do want to buy a PS5 eventually as there's a good amount of games coming out for it that I'm interested in (GT7 being at the top of the list), but I made a rule with myself to not buy a console at launch. I want to wait for whatever issues will arise to be sorted out before I get one.
Yeah but if you have the patience to wait until about a year after release for the PS5 good on you. I don't have that kind of patience so I'll be getting mine as soon as it's available to purchase.

Depending on availability, I'm looking at a disc version for the living room and digital for my bedroom.

I didn’t pre-register but was lucky enough to get a preorder through on the launch shipment. I got in on a digital version 10 minutes before they sold out

Just got an email that I can preorder, but at a specific time on Friday. Looks like there will be a waiting room, so it gives you a chance to preorder.

I am just so PISSED right now. Without ANY warning or announcement most stores here in Germany opened pre-orders midnight. I go to bed, get up for work and they are ALL SOLD OUT EVETYWHERE IN THE GERMAN SPEAKING COUNTRIES AND AMAZON! WHAT A JOKE SONY! HOW UNPROFFESSIONAL CAN YOU BE!? Now I can only hope to get one before GT7 releases...

I am just so PISSED right now. Without ANY warning or announcement most stores here in Germany opened pre-orders midnight. I go to bed, get up for work and they are ALL SOLD OUT EVETYWHERE IN THE GERMAN SPEAKING COUNTRIES AND AMAZON! WHAT A JOKE SONY! HOW UNPROFFESSIONAL CAN YOU BE!? Now I can only hope to get one before GT7 releases...
Look like they selling out like hot bread.

Yup.
I know that feeling.
Local gamestop had pre-orders sold out within an hour and those who have "waited" didn't even get a call to say pre-orders are happening until it was too late.
Hoping to go to best buy and get one there.
They had other bundles at one point early this morning those have since been removed I wonder if those are going to be added today?

Yep. I went to Saturn today and they told me pre-orders are not up yet and will be online only. Then went to Gamestop and the first day edition (bunch of consoles for the 19th of November) was sold out. I placed a pre order for the next bunch but still don't know when I'll be able to get it.

It's crazy.

Pretty standard really no? Smyths opened preorders 11pm last night in the UK. If I was wanting to preorder I would have been on the sites at midnight ready.

Almost pulled the trigger on a preorder at Smyths last night but stopped myself. The lack of exclusives, any games that really interest me and the cost of digital games are dealbreakers.

If a good trade in offer is offered for the Series X then I'll probably get that. The PS5 pricing is good on paper but there isn't enough to convince otherwise.

The whole situation was super messy. Sony said that they wouldn’t surprise us and put preorders up without warning, and yet...

Glad I managed to get a disk based console secured, though

The whole situation was super messy. Sony said that they wouldn’t surprise us and put preorders up without warning, and yet...

Glad I managed to get a disk based console secured, though

Pretty sure they said during the show that preorders would go live tomorrow/today. Down to the retailers how they interpret that surely. Not Sony.

It was annoying that the emails announcing pre-orders came out in the twilight hours but that is down to the retailers not Sony themselves.

I saw on my email this morning that pre-orders here would open at 8am so I did try from then to secure one and was fortunate that I did manage to reserve one at lunch time, the digital version so we shall come launch day if my order is fulfilled!

Almost pulled the trigger on a preorder at Smyths last night but stopped myself. The lack of exclusives, any games that really interest me and the cost of digital games are dealbreakers.
I'm confused about this - Digital games are going to be more expensive than physical based copies this time around? Or is this down to what countries people are in? Or did I miss something?

Pretty sure they said during the show that preorders would go live tomorrow/today. Down to the retailers how they interpret that surely. Not Sony.
It's not down to how retailers interpret anything, they have specific instructions with things like this, and for street date release times - they likely even had that information before this event. If anything, this was uncoordinated because of Sony, not retailers.

I'm confused about this - Digital games are going to be more expensive than physical based copies this time around? Or is this down to what countries people are in? Or did I miss something?

It's not down to how retailers interpret anything, they have specific instructions with things like this, and for street date release times - they likely even had that information before this event. If anything, this was uncoordinated because of Sony, not retailers.

It seems both the physical and digital next gen titles are more expensive. The physical ones being listed at retailers for £69.99 and I expdct the same for digital. As its the digital version I was interested in, being locked into more expensive games is a dealbreaker. Not sure what else there is to get there.

Evidently retailers didn't have specific instructions. Cant solely be down to Sony though, there was so much variation in when retailers were launching it was clearly just a race to be the first to get preorders out the door. Anyone expecting them not to have sold out by morning is kidding themselves.

It seems both the physical and digital next gen titles are more expensive. The physical ones being listed at retailers for £69.99 and I expdct the same for digital. As its the digital version I was interested in, being locked into more expensive games is a dealbreaker. Not sure what else there is to get there.
Oh, so you're talking about not being able to purchase second hand games for cheaper? What's to get there is I don't understand the notion of buying a brand new game, and it being more expensive on digital than physical. So it seems there's no difference between the two than how it was previously. Thanks for clarifying.

Evidently retailers didn't have specific instructions. Cant solely be down to Sony though, there was so much variation in when retailers were launching it was clearly just a race to be the first to get preorders out the door. Anyone expecting them not to have sold out by morning is kidding themselves.
That's the thing though, they don't get to decide when to start selling, you usually get a specific set of instructions - If for whatever reasons they didn't get instructions then that again falls on Sony. Also, if those instructions aren't followed, I'm pretty sure there's some sort of consequence with that. All of this points to a lack of organization on Sony's part, rather than not, though.

I think the toss-up with the preorders is actually good in one way. If there was a set date and time for the preorders instead of Sony doing it quickly like this, scalpers would have gotten their hands on many more units. There are already people trying to sell their preorders on EBay for $2,000 in some cases. Just think of how worse it would have been if the scalpers had time to actually set up their bots properly. That might have been even more of a disaster than what’s already happening.

For an example of what could have happened, the recent RTX 3080 pre-order launch was a complete disaster in terms of scalping. Go to EBay and search the card, it’s thousands of dollars down the listings and it just never ends...

Last edited:
I think the toss-up with the preorders is actually good in one way. If there was a set date and time for the preorders instead of Sony doing it quickly like this, scalpers would have gotten their hands on many more units. There are already people trying to sell their preorders on EBay for $2,000 in some cases. Just think of how worse it would have been in the scalpers had time to actually set up their bots properly. That might have been even more of a disaster than what’s already happening.

For an example of what could have happened, the recent RTX 3080 pre-order launch was a complete disaster in terms of scalping. Go to EBay and search the card, it’s thousands of dollars down the listings and it just never ends...
$2k is cheap :lol:... https://www.cnet.com/news/miss-out-on-ps5-preorders-theres-one-for-sale-on-ebay-for-25000/

Untitled2.png

Good thing eBay is on to them (it's against their terms).

Last edited:
Pretty standard really no? Smyths opened preorders 11pm last night in the UK. If I was wanting to preorder I would have been on the sites at midnight ready.

If a good trade in offer is offered for the Series X then I'll probably get that. The PS5 pricing is good on paper but there isn't enough to convince otherwise.

I honestly am contemplating myself to just get a Series X on launch... I need that next-gen goodness. But man, if Kena, Ratchet and especially GT7 would have been launch titles...and I would not be able to get a PS5 in that case..phew...Just glad the games, that I really want on PS5 launch later.

Question: Does anyone here know with certainty, if the Series X will be able to produce at least the same exact enhancements, like the One X for old original Xbox and 360 titles? Wanna play through the Splinter Cell series in 4K and dat sweet 16X anistropic filtering!

A friend of mine (PC gamer only) works for 1 of the big retailers here in the UK, so I'll be utilising his 10% staff discount card to get the SX for £405 :)

Yeah, that's just a wow that someone would even think of trying to put it up for that price but new technology always has a few chancers I guess trying their luck.
It started out at $800 and 11 people have bid on it. Can't see them being serious bidders though.

It started out at $800 and 11 people have bid on it. Can't see them being serious bidders though.

Fair enough, still staggers it got up to that much though at the time of the screenshot.

It does remind me of the one time I sold something on Ebay a bus model and I ended up making £200 for something I put up for £10 to get rid of!

Australia seems to have gone a little silly over the new console, at least for 2 of the most popular retail franchises.

Within a few hours of the price reveal stores were open and presales were available.
They all quickly vanished.
A second round was almost immediately introduced with a 'TBC 2021' delivery date.
No prizes for guessing that they are also all gone, and now preorders are temporarily suspended. :lol:

All I heard was that it was going to be select retailers starting "tomorrow" which would of been Thursday at 8 am PT.
The first email alert was sent out by .... Walmart
So people are blaming Walmart for the messy start.
Since if one goes early everyone else would have too.

All I heard was that it was going to be select retailers starting "tomorrow" which would of been Thursday at 8 am PT.
The first email alert was sent out by .... Walmart
So people are blaming Walmart for the messy start.
Since if one goes early everyone else would have too.

Perhaps for America. In the UK I think Smyths went the earliest at 11pm BST followed by Game at about midnight.

Pre orderd a ps5 yesterday, check out the delivery date!
Screenshot_20200918-194500~3.png

I hope that's not for real and there only putting that date there to cover there ass as there not sure when it's going to be delivered.

Last edited:
Back