PlayStation 5 Rumors Latest: Console Reveal Within the Next Six Weeks

Well, I guess we'll find out if GT is a part of the PS5 announcement in the next six weeks, too.
Either there, or in June. I don’t think that they’ll entirely go without any announcements or news despite their plans to not host an E3 conference.

I’m personally hoping for a new WipEout, and/or more ways to play older games. There seemed to be so many PS1 and PS2 games available on the PS3’s PSN, but next to nothing on the PS4’s PSN. It seems weird to me, as if they should’ve been unified somehow, instead.

Im more interested in what games they might reveal than the console tech specs, graphics are already great these days. An announcement of a new GT, Horizon, Uncharted, God of War etc would be very welcome... The downer is having to get a new TV not many current models have 120hz refresh at 4k let alone 8k...

273364_maxresdefault.jpg

Im more interested in what games they might reveal than the console tech specs, graphics are already great these days. An announcement of a new GT, Horizon, Uncharted, God of War etc would be very welcome... The downer is having to get a new TV not many current models have 120hz refresh at 4k let alone 8k...

Agreed. Specs mean nothing without good games. And I especially don’t think every dev needs to push the limits of a given system if a game’s vision doesn’t need it. “Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.” I’m hoping that in the PS5’s life, they’ll also be more “AA” games. Ones that can afford to experiment a little instead of always aiming for ornate particle effects and photorealistic skin pores.

I think if all of that happens next month.

Sony just will concentre on the PS5 capabilities, the controller, some tech demos, features and some small portion of games, like:
- GT Sport with the new controllers and next gen features, nothing about GT7.
- Some TLOU 2 or Ghost of Tushima with next gen features
- Maybe the compatibility with PS1/PS2/PS4 games, i don´t know about PS3 games because that console have really different architecture than the usual machines.
- Some first party and external games like Horizon 2 , Killzone, Godsfall, new ip´s, Ubisoft ip and something like that.

The console form and prices maybe around the year but not in the presentation. I think they waiting for the Microsoft E3 conference for doing that.

There's another rumour flying around that specifically mentions GT1
View attachment 883443

I think this is bogus. Raytracing isnt something that can be thrown at some old games just like that and it wouldnt make much sense in a game like GT1. Implementing next gen graphic features into an old PS1 games would cost time and ressources better used on GT7. And no, GT1 wouldnt look great just because of higher resolution and raytracing. Look at Quake 2 on PC. Still looks ass, even with raytracing.

I very curious as to the future of Granblue Fantasy Relink. Cygames was in development with Platinum Games in regards to it, up until they mutually agreed to part ways. It makes me wonder if releasing it on the ps4 without a version for the PS5 is a good idea since there will be a lot of people who switch the first chance they get.

I think this is bogus. Raytracing isnt something that can be thrown at some old games just like that and it wouldnt make much sense in a game like GT1. Implementing next gen graphic features into an old PS1 games would cost time and ressources better used on GT7. And no, GT1 wouldnt look great just because of higher resolution and raytracing. Look at Quake 2 on PC. Still looks ass, even with raytracing.
I played GT2 on a PC years it ago and it looked very very good with some of the various graphic options switched on so I see no reason why GT1 wouldn't look that good with what Sony could throw at it with very little effort on their part.

Additionally.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/20/ps5-will-cost-449-launch-gran-turismo-7-claims-rumour-12090108/

I
wanted to have more information about GT Sport by the end of the year.
but it looks like it may have the end of the line.
it would be nice if games were shared from ps4 / ps5.

The first info we will get is:

Next GT game delayed and after that delayed some more. It's what PD is best known for!

And when they listened to impatient fans, they sold their soul on GT6's fixed release date, and we all know how unfinished and incomplete that game started.

There are lots of rumors and it will never stop until we get some official info. I hope they show some games. Though I think it will be more about the specs, features. They will probably hold another event before release to show games and announce the price. Especially since they will be not be going to E3.

I’m more curious than excited specifically with the 8k/ray tracing potential.
We’re able to push just over 60hz at 4K now running a 2080ti with not many games out there supporting ray tracing.

I tried my 2060 super at 4K it managed 30-40fps temps spiked to above 70c quickly went back to 1440p.

So not being a downer here just a curious realist wondering how they intend to run 8K on a console with estimated guesses suggesting gpu power equivalent to my gpu.

No way I'm bothering with an 8k TV until miles down the line. Haven't even bothered with a 4k one yet and my Pro looks great upscaling on my 1080p Bravia. I don't think many games will need or run at 8k anyways. 4 will become the new standard I think with these machines. Even though they can sometimes achieve 8k. Could be wrong but until we see otherwise I'll find it hard to believe a sudden jump to 8k gaming everywhere.

Agreed about the games over hardware!!

We’re able to push just over 60hz at 4K now running a 2080ti with not many games out there supporting ray tracing.

I tried my 2060 super at 4K it managed 30-40fps temps spiked to above 70c quickly went back to 1440p.

So not being a downer here just a curious realist wondering how they intend to run 8K on a console with estimated guesses suggesting gpu power equivalent to my gpu.
Streaming TV in 8K probably. If a game it would be 2D and very simplistic just so they could claim 8K.

8k is just PR marketing fluff. Majority of games will just upscale to 8k from a lower resolution if you do have an 8k tv. Devs are better off using the extra power to make higher poly assets, better lighting, shading, ray-trace etc. than to waste resources on 8k. Unless you have a very very large sized TV and sit very close to it, the difference between 8k and 4k will be barely noticeable for majority of consumers.

Latest Posts

Back