PlayStation 5 Sells Another 3.3 Million Units, Still Matching PlayStation 4

• Thread starter Famine
  • 32 comments
They can add +1 to that list. I just purchased 1 earlier today.....FINALLY! It took forever to find 1 that wasn't $1000 or more. I paid a little more than retail, but I'm OK with that. I was really wanting to get 1 before GT7 came out, and I finally got 1.

If nobody was interested in them, we'd be seeing discounts on PS5 and XSX, not scalping!
The same goes for PC graphics cards. I'm not sure how much of that is due to crypto, but even with the card shortages Steam's metrics show that the adoption of the RTX 30xx series is higher than the RTX 20xx series.

The same goes for PC graphics cards. I'm not sure how much of that is due to crypto, but even with the card shortages Steam's metrics show that the adoption of the RTX 30xx series is higher than the RTX 20xx series.

Steam charts probably not due to crypto. Can't see people running games on GPU clusters. Strain from crypto is too much.

The RTX 3X00 are well above the 2X00 in performance but they are not cheap and will not become cheaper in the short term.

Also, the RTX 3060 is basically a 2070, so it's evenly matched in performance with consoles. To really see a difference you need to move up to 3060 Ti at the very least and things get expensive from then.

Another thing to consider is whether stocks of these cards are depleted to the point you can't just buy them at any time. With consoles, I can only buy when stock arrives, and it depletes quickly (except for Xbox Series S). With cards, we do have a shortage but the biggest problem is still the price, which crypto investors still don't mind, but gamers do.

Last edited:
Back